Cheltenham 2018/2019

Hopefully. Credit Bonjers for the heads up with the DOC heading over for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Lydia Hislop's SL Road to Cheltenham article this week she suggests that Glen Forsa would now likely head straight to to Cheltenham after his raise for standing in his box following Glen Rocco's win last weekend.

I'd thought the same myself now he's been raised to 138, which should see him get into the Close Brothers with a nice weight, but for some reason I thought he'd need to have had at least 3 races over fences (exc PTP) to qualify. Have I imagined that ?

UK marks for Gordon's Cheltenham entries (Irish mark in brackets);

141 Ben Dundee (-)
148 Blow By Blow (143)
147 Cubomania (142)
135 Dallas Des Pictons (130)
139 Gun Digger (139)
137 Eclair De Beaufeu (130)

Julie Williams selling her two pitches bought by her Dad Freddie a while back.

I've said 'hello' in passing a couple of times to Julie at Hamilton knowing she would have not a scoobie who I am. She was charming enough to say 'hello' back.

Seems like a very nice person.

Ouch indeed, considering the P/p only paid £12.90 compared to the partly won jackpot of £10,000 (or 8132/1 at SP).

I find that amazing DG that anyone could be involved with the sport and the forums for so long and never have a flutter even if its just a little one. Has that always been the case or have you just given up the punting side of things in latter years. I've found I attach less importance to having a bet as time has gone on I can quite happily watch a decent card without having a bet nowadays that never used to be the case. On the rare occasions I do get to go racing I never bother with a bet on course I might put a multi on before I go or something and maybe put a bet on for the good lady or my daughter if they fancy one but I find when when I'm at the event the I'm not as interested in the betting as the day out. I think as I get older I'll hopefully get to go racing more and probably bet less.

Holds no interest for me Danny, My first job was a relief betting shop manager filling in on any one of 22 betting shops in and around Plymouth when the manager had a day off and saw the follies of being a a gambler. My late Mother in law was Secretary of a local hunt so often went to point to points as well. Drifted out of racing for a few years then moved to Cheltenham where my wife and I joined a local racing club and went on racing breaks in Ireland France as well as the in the UK. My last job was for a company supplying most of the equine stables in Southern England and Wales, mostly racing but also polo and eventing yards. Over the years I gradually got to know a lot of trainers and their lads and lasses and racing became a social thing. Bout it really.

Main changes from weekend

Benny’s Bridge +7 (126)
Birchdale 146 *NEW*
Brewin’upastorm +6 (146)
Buster Valentine +5 (130)
Go Conquer +6 (157)
Kildisart +6 (147)
Paisley Park +12 (168)
Siruh Du Lac +7 (141)

Kildisart getting raised 6lbs will mean he misses out on the Close Brothers despite Ben Paulings efforts to downgrade his win post race. Good for my 33s ew bet for the JLT at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Main changes from weekend

Benny’s Bridge +7 (126)
Birchdale 146 *NEW*
Brewin’upastorm +6 (146)
Buster Valentine +5 (130)
Go Conquer +6 (157)
Kildisart +6 (147)
Paisley Park +12 (168)
Siruh Du Lac +7 (141)

Great minds, DG. I've just spent the last five or ten minutes doing the same thing!

There wasn't a rating there for Birchdale when I checked. Can I ask where you go it from?

Paisley Park's new rating, I believe, puts him ahead of Penhill. That will be an interesting duel.

Nadaitak got 143

Frodon wasn't changed but Elegant Escape 162 (+3), Terrefort 159 (+1) and Allysson Monterg 142 (+1) all went up. Frodon v Terrefort next time will also be interesting if neither was fit. I'd be pretty sure Elegant Escape was fit the other day.

Talkischeap is 12s nrnb for the Ultima and I've taken that as yesterdays run surely means he won't be low enough for the CB

7lb underestimates Benny's Bridge's performance but if they've any aspirations of going back for something like the County then he's going to need to win again before then.

Definitely one for the tracker though, albeit I'd say it's likely he'll be heading to Ayr or Aintree instead.

Last edited:
Back