Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

Henderson back in the day before Sprinter's heart issue was like Eric Bristow circa 1982. Smooth as silk
Post scare he's like Bristow at his most yippsy. Cannot pull the trigger.
He'd be better off training a Godolphin string on the July Course where it's almost always g/f

You'd wonder how much longer he goes

One bad fatality could finish him

I can't say that I was ever a huge fan but it is a bit sad to see what he has become, how delicate and petty he is to criticism and the prevailing attitude of some angst against him over his campaigning tactics

You'd wonder how much longer he goes

One bad fatality could finish him

I can't say that I was ever a huge fan but it is a bit sad to see what he has become, how delicate and petty he is to criticism and the prevailing attitude of some angst against him over his campaigning tactics

When a big trainer like that calls it a day, what usually happens in terms of the yard etc? Not been following long enough to know.

He might stick around for Shiskin. But his fannying around annoys everybody.

Who is Henderson’s assistant? I couldn’t even tell you.

Used to be Tom Lacey, but that’s a few years ago now.

Maybe Charlie Longsdon might take over at Seven Barrows? Think he was assistant before Lacey, and has the right sort of breeding.

Friday afternoon inspection for Saturday's card.

Normally optimistic there's a very pessimistic tone to Claisse's comments and it doesn't look good:-

On the meeting's chances, he added: "We'll need a lot of help from the weather in terms of the forecast being wrong and not getting as much rain as we're seeing in the forecast."

Last edited:
It'd be a shame if it were abandoned. Looks a good card.

Santini declared after all.

FYI Saint Calvados declared too.

David Pipe has a lively outsider in the handicap chase, (1:50), off bottom weight. First time out after a wind op, first time blinkers, first time tongue tie and whatever else for the first time. 10 stone on its back. It didn't run too badly the last day and might like soft or heavy ground. It's been winking at me all week.

Last edited:
Back