Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2012-13

Should have the result soon - just wanted to get it all checked over quickly before making a false announcement like the notional part :eek:

Hope those at the top of the leaderboard were as successful for real.

After confirmation, I'm pleased to say Grasshopper wins the competition - by some margin, thanks to some great selections. The table of returns is below (if your name isn't on it - you had no returns :() and also the table of Grasshoppers selections with winnings beside them.

Attachments

• finalScore.JPG
    finalScore.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
  • winner2013.JPG
    winner2013.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 27
Congrats Grassie. Can't believe I didn't have Lord Windermere in there somewhere seeing as I backed him last month!

Thanks to Grey and New Approach for organising it all.

Grasshopper, a return of £33,000 is some result. One big winner, Solwhit at 16/1, supported by three decent ones, Bobs Worth, Cue Card and of course your beloved Fly.

To put it in perspective, Dave G's score of £20,625 would have been good enough to win last year's competition and there were a number of other very respectable results.

Thanks again to New Approach for all her work, it makes a big difference to everyone's enjoyment of the competition.

Well done to perpetual too for winning the prize for the portfolio with the highest notional value prior to the start of the festival.

Finally, thanks to Roddy Owen and Grasshopper for putting up the prizes. Their generosity is much appreciated, even if in the latter's case it is his generosity to himself that excites our admiration.

Well done, Grassy, hope that reflects your fortunes over the meeting! As yet unnamed trophy will be identified, inscribed and forwarded in due course.

Many thanks everyone. Safe to say, I can chalk this Festival up in the plus-column. :cool:

Edit: Totally remiss of me not to thank Grey and New Approach for all their hard work. A great competition, and I feel very chuffed to have won it (and thanks to TS for offering to put up a trophy!).

PS. Admin my winnings can go to whichever account you use to pay for the upkeep of Talking Horses. Please PM me with details and I will be happy to transfer the cash.

Last edited:
Many thanks everyone. Safe to say, I can chalk this Festival up in the plus-column. :cool:

Edit: Totally remiss of me not to thank Grey and New Approach for all their hard work. A great competition, and I feel very chuffed to have won it (and thanks to TS for offering to put up a trophy!).

PS. Admin my winnings can go to whichever account you use to pay for the upkeep of Talking Horses. Please PM me with details and I will be happy to transfer the cash.

Well done Grassy!!!

Thanks Roddy. You owe Grassy £50 and he owes himself another £100.

You also owe Perpetual £50 as his prize for the portfolio with the highest notional value on the eve of the festival.

Perpetual, I suggest you pm Roddy with your bank details.

In that case, ignore my f*cked-up instructions via PM, Roddy! :D

Please send 'my' £50 to Admin, to go towards site-up or whatever he pleases. I will top that up with another £50 of my own, with the remaining £50 committed to Dave G's Nash compy.

All done.

Sorry Roddy, I must have screwed up. I tried forwarding a message to you from Perpetual in which he has kindly asked that you give his £50 prize to the Injured Jockeys Fund or the Air Ambulance or some similar body.

The other £50 is owed to Grassy but he has asked that you give it instead for the admin of this website. For that you need to contact dvds2000.

How do I do this old boy. How do I reach DVDS 2000?Or can you tell him to contact me and If anybody has a link to IJF it would be helpful please

I'm sure Art will post a fresh topic soon enough, but here is a pic of the splendid trophy Tout Seul has kindly sponsored (in perpetuity) for the winner of the Cheltenham Ante-Post competition.

Rather smart it is too. :cool:

image.jpg

Back