Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2012-13

Well done to the Duke, he's made some inspired choices, as will be seen when New Approach puts up the final portfolios.

Any reasons why i cannot view the spreadsheet?

Cheers

It seems OK for me - don't know if anyone else is having problems, your total was £5395.00 so you were around halfway up the table - the winning total was £11419.90 which was over 1.5k more than second place.

I'll be posting up everyone's portfolios sometime at the beginning of the week.

Thanks everyone :D, and to echo what's been said above a massive thank you to NA for all your hard work and of course the other organisers too.

Last edited:
Will get all the portfolios up tomorrow - jft2005, could you give me your final 10 please, everyone else is OK I think, they've either given their choices, have 10 or less horses or had confirmed non runners I could remove.

Well done NA for all your work and anyone else who did their bit. outstanding organisation.Can`t understand how Grassy is in front of me mind. Must be a mistake. Congratulations Duke

Last edited:
Notional smotional... a week to go until the real stuff now!

...well done Duke, looks good on paper anyway ;)

Here are the tables of races, horses and the first batch of members portfolios - they are in no particular order I'm afraid and for some mad reason I started off naming them with Mar for March then changed to Feb2,3,etc and back to March again - no idea why!

There may be slight discrepancies with the notional totals I posted before - that's just because I hadn't removed all the extra horses etc., there's no effect on the winning portfolio or any real difference in order.

Please let me know if you see any errors, if I've taken out the wrong horse(s) from your portfolio or put the wrong race (pay particular attention if you've bet a horse in one of the novice handicaps as I'm always getting them mixed up :eek:).

Attachments

• MarHorses.JPG
    MarHorses.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MarRaces.JPG
    MarRaces.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Mar1.JPG
    Mar1.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Feb2.JPG
    Feb2.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Feb3.JPG
    Feb3.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 28
the next lot of portfolios

Attachments

• Feb4.JPG
    Feb4.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Feb5.JPG
    Feb5.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 26
  • Feb6.JPG
    Feb6.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 33
  • Mar7.JPG
    Mar7.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Mar8.JPG
    Mar8.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 25
and the last lot

Attachments

• Mar9.JPG
    Mar9.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Mar10.JPG
    Mar10.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Mar11.JPG
    Mar11.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 34
  • Mar12.JPG
    Mar12.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 20
Duke of Marmalade's winning entry is in the third thumbnail of New Approach's third lot.

Well done Duke of Marmalade! You've certainly demonstrated that an astute punter can get very good value from the AP markets. Good luck with your selections.
An impressive and timely performance from New Approach definitely merits the plaudits above to which I am pleased to add mine. As for Grey, this is an interesting and constructive format supplemented by a generous prize, making this a popular 'must enter' competition that gives a financial reward and a degree of status . Congatulations!

As the rather fortunate winner of the inaugral competition, in a rare gesture, I am willing to put up some kind of trophy for this competition as it seems likely to endure. The trophy to be held by the winner for a year and then passed to the winner of the next year's competition.

The Talking Horses Forum Cheltenham Ante Post Competition Trophy is somewhat of a long name for what will not be a massive trophy ( unless Champagne Fever wins next week) and I would ask for appropriate suggestions for the name. Perhaps Grey would make the final decision.

Son of Flicka was key. Some other cracking picks as well.

Thanks for all this lads really enjoyed this comp so far. Pretty happy with my book and may the best man/woman win!

Well done Duke of Marmalade! You've certainly demonstrated that an astute punter can get very good value from the AP markets. Good luck with your selections.
An impressive and timely performance from New Approach definitely merits the plaudits above to which I am pleased to add mine. As for Grey, this is an interesting and constructive format supplemented by a generous prize, making this a popular 'must enter' competition that gives a financial reward and a degree of status . Congatulations!

As the rather fortunate winner of the inaugral competition, in a rare gesture, I am willing to put up some kind of trophy for this competition as it seems likely to endure. The trophy to be held by the winner for a year and then passed to the winner of the next year's competition.

The Talking Horses Forum Cheltenham Ante Post Competition Trophy is somewhat of a long name for what will not be a massive trophy ( unless Champagne Fever wins next week) and I would ask for appropriate suggestions for the name. Perhaps Grey would make the final decision.

That's very generous, TS. No doubt there will be some good suggestions for a trophy name.

By the way Roddy and Grassy are the ones to thank for putting up the prizes for this year's comp.

NA- Having reviewed the table I think there may be a mistake on your calculation for mine, I think Son of Flicka should have be calclulated at 16 not 6. Could you please check but by my reckonings I've been given false credit lol

Last edited:
NA- Having reviewed the table I think there may be a mistake on your calculation for mine, I think Son of Flicka should have be calclulated at 16 not 6. Could you please check but by my reckonings I've been given false credit lol

That's very honest of you DOM I hope it doesn';t cost you the win. I'm actually finding hard to understand this notional value and hope i'm not the only one. Can someone please explain the formula? For instance if you take an original price and it remains the same how can there be a positive notional value?

Back