Cheltenham Ante Post Competition - October Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be neater if this thread was for entries only and the other one for any discussion pertinent to the competition?

Can you please keep such comments to the other thread. We're trying to keep this one neat.

Grandouet - Champion hurdle - betfair £7 @ 40.0 - £10 @ 38.0 - £8 @ 36.0 - £10 @ 34.0 - £28 @ 32.0 & £37 @ 25/1 general = £100

http://uk.site.sports.betfair.com/b...cale=en&region=GBR&brand=betfair&currency=GBP

October Bank left £100

:lol:

Each participant can have up to 10 bets each per month, 50 in all. If they were all to be subdivided in this way processing them would leave time for nothing else.

You're allowed £100 @ 25/1, the other bets fall below the minimum size.

Yes all threads should be completely to point so we can sniffle out all ad hoc conversation that might entertain people..

:lol:

Each participant can have up to 10 bets each per month, 50 in all. If they were all to be subdivided in this way processing them would leave time for nothing else.

You're allowed £100 @ 25/1, the other bets fall below the minimum size.
You haven't got the hang of this bookmaking lark Grey.

It's normally "£10 @ 25/1 anything else at SP"

;)

This is what I was getting at in terms of managing the amount of admin you need to undertake, Grey.

It will be high-maintenence (and, most likely, tit-getting-on) for you to police claimed exchange prices. Maybe you should look to restrict it to High Street/Online prices on Oddschecker?

Swedish Chef has just provided the perfect demonstration of why you're right, especially since the exchange prices shown in the oddschecker grid are usually inaccurate anyway.

New rule: oddschecker bookies only.

I want to back in Euros, but I want to have my results posted in Sterling.

So I will be having my bets on Betfair and Betdaq in Euros, will ring up BOI for their latest currency rates, carry the one, post all on here, and let Gearoids magical spreadsheet work that sh*t out.

I wont be posting my commission rate from either site, it will be up to his spreadsheet to guess it. If its wrong I wont be one bit happy.

Swedish Chef has just provided the perfect demonstration of why you're right, especially since the exchange prices shown in the oddschecker grid are usually inaccurate anyway.

New rule: oddschecker bookies only.

Didn't I say that 55 posts ago. No wonder Euro is seething :lol:

Last edited:
I think we will put up a table at the end of each month giving a recap of people's bets, which will make things easier to follow.

Will the table highlight plagiarism or completely blinkered punters?

Good luck with this, Grey and partners.

I think Irish Stamp had a good point - where do you expect any bookie to stand your 1000 AP bet? It's a bit unrealistic, no?

However, ruling out exchanges would be right, imo; acknowledge the unlikelihood of the bookies taking these bets & just ignore it - the competition is with imaginary money so we might as well have imaginary responses from the bookies!

Last edited:
Good luck with this, Grey and partners.

I think Irish Stamp had a good point - where do you expect any bookie to stand your 1000 AP bet? It's a bit unrealistic, no?

However, ruling out exchanges would be right, imo; acknowledge the unlikelihood of the bookies taking these bets & just ignore it - the competition is with imaginary money so we might as well have imaginary responses from the bookies!

Our notional bets haven't rocked the ante-post market too much!!:D

Last edited:
I heard a good story today that Jasonn Maguire reckoned Hurricane Fly bottomed the horse our. He have every last drop in the tank last March. Hardly surprising he got beat Aintree after that. I'm not sure he is one to be having your life on over fence (that's you OTB!).

Im another on Simonsig (!) £200 win at 33-1 PP,stan james and the other ones...

£50 e/w Oscar Whiskey in the Champion Hurdle 33-1 with stan james (in case he goes for that instead!)

£100 e/w Al Ferof in the Arkle at 14-1 with Boylesport

hope they are right??

Last edited:
I heard a good story today that Jasonn Maguire reckoned Hurricane Fly bottomed the horse our. He have every last drop in the tank last March. Hardly surprising he got beat Aintree after that. I'm not sure he is one to be having your life on over fence (that's you OTB!).

It's a good story G but it's still a story - he IMHO is the best recruit to the novice chase ranks in a long time with some exceptional performances over hurdles and is a proven PTP winner. In any other year he'd be a moral except this year the likes of Al Ferof, Menorah, Cue Card etc will make his price! Join in and get on man!!

The poor beast is like a deflated balloon. He will be awake at night in his box during the winter at the thought of seeing Hurricane Fly again. He wouldn't be a million to hide behind a fence during the campaign.

Last edited:
The next time he sees Hurricane Fly will be when he is walking out of the parade ring with the Arkle winner's rug on as the Hurricane comes in to defend his crown!

The next time he sees Hurricane Fly will be when he is walking out of the parade ring with the Arkle winner's rug on as the Hurricane comes in to defend his crown!

The only thing around his neck will be a life ring as he drowns in the division haunted by thoughts of the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back