Cheltenham Ante Post Competition - October Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
€150 Oscars Well 20/1 BET365 CH
€150 Darlan 25/1 Coral SN
€200 Sprinter Sacre 10/1 VCbet Arkle

Sneaky - didn't see him quoted anywhere...:ninja:

They bet 7s the field on this race the last two seasons on the day of the race. You would want to be off your tits to be looking for the winner of the race anytime before March.

They bet 7s the field on this race the last two seasons on the day of the race. You would want to be off your tits to be looking for the winner of the race anytime before March.

That applies to all bar two or three races at the Festival. I imagine our competition will generate far greater losses overall than winnings.

Arkle
-----
€300 win Menorah 12/1 (PP + others)
€200 win Get Me Out of Here 25/1 (PP + others)

That applies to all bar two or three races at the Festival. I imagine our competition will generate far greater losses overall than winnings.

I'll will bet you what you like there will be more in profit than in a loss.

Last edited:
I fully expect at least the winner to be in profit too, but I think most of us will be in deficit.

My point about the bumper is that it offers the least scope for taking ante post prices early. What with the betting opening at 7/1 the field the morning of the race the last two seasons taking 20/1 now has far more downside than upside. Conversely spotting a novice hurdler who may end up looking the best in their division in March could potentially see you getting 20/1 about a horse going off 2/1 and the clear form pick. I'd imagine the bumper picture will be as clouded as ever when they go to post in March.

I agree with your general point, and it will be interesting to see how many of us do well in the competition for the second prize. I suspect most portfolios will either remain unchanged or decline in value.

But if Sword Of Honour is as good as I think he might be, he won't be going off at 7/1 on the day. :)

I agree with your general point, and it will be interesting to see how many of us do well in the competition for the second prize. I suspect most portfolios will either remain unchanged or decline in value.

But if Sword Of Honour is as good as I think he might be, he won't be going off at 7/1 on the day. :)

I agree and think he will be much better on good ground,though I will be hoping for a bigger price AP.

Ps I take it you heard about the Oscar ?

Rsa chase £250 win bobs worth @ 10's with hills,pp,b365

Arkle chase £ 250 win sprinter sacre @10;s with hills,corals,pp

october bank done.

Sorry , it was just a bit of bad news regarding one of Cantoris horses , Im sure Oran will update after his hols.

He cost me a few quid at Cheltenham and Sandown-not saying he will win at the festival but you could see him being a single figure price soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back