Zarkander 150 win @12/1(Paddy P)

Arkle
Cue Card 200 win @ 16/1 (Coral)

Captain Chris (Champion Chase) 12/1 Paddy Power = £100 win

Cue Card (Arkle) 16/1 Coral = £100 win

Big Bucks (World Hurdle) 11/10 Sporting Bet = £100 win

Long Run (Gold Cup) 5/2 Ladbrokes/WH = £200 win

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with Cue Card as well for my final £150 of the month. Not for the Arkle though.

RSA Chase:
Cue Card £150w @ 14/1 Coral.

I'm gonna go with Cue Card as well for my final £150 of the month. Not for the Arkle though.

RSA Chase:
Cue Card £150w @ 14/1 Coral.

You wouldn't know an Arkle horse if it hit you in the head. The slow boats will be rowing away towards the RSA chase not Cue Card.

Last edited:
£400 win Big Bucks (World Hurdle) 11/10 Sporting Bet

£100 win Sprinter Sacre (Arkle) 10/1 Sporting Bet

Last edited:
Captain Chris (Champion Chase) 12/1 Paddy Power = £100 win

Cue Card (Arkle) 16/1 Coral = £100 win

Big Bucks (World Hurdle) 11/10 Sporting Bet = £100 win

Long Run (Gold Cup) 5/2 Ladbrokes/WH = £200 win

I'll be closely watching your selections Mr Miller. You've been talking a very good ante post game on the forum over the years. Are you personally building a position on Long Run for the Gold Cup?

£250 WIN Royle Gaurdsman (supreme Novices)20/1 bet365
£250 win Hidden Cyclone ( sun alliance chase)25/1 hills

Hi Art (brian here) , having run a similar compo over the last few years its a pleasure to enter your one and sit on my ass .Also with the added incentive of trying to wedge a few quid out of Grassys and Roddys wallets. Will hopefully see you down at Colms before Xmas and be able to take in a meeting.

Oct bets-

Menorah 12/1 Arkle B365 £350 win
Mount Benbulben 20/1 A.Barlett £150 win Stan James

tks

I'll be closely watching your selections Mr Miller. You've been talking a very good ante post game on the forum over the years. Are you personally building a position on Long Run for the Gold Cup?

Cheltenham tends to make or break my year (Flat and NH together). I look to double my overall outlay on sizable stakes at Cheltenham. Although in percentage terms this strategy of doubling my outlay is less ambitious than for any other meeting, I stake exponentially more here. So when I double my money or better I do extremely well.

For this campaign (in the real world) I’ve taken small opening positions on Long Run (Gold Cup) and Captain Chris (Champion Chase)… In the previous two seasons the only two I’ve been on at this stage were Big Bucks (World Hurdle) and Denman (Gold Cup).

I want to back Cue Card for something (for the competition I’ve done him in the Arkle) but I’d expect him to perhaps settle on more of a stamina test… although I don't think he’ll go for the RSA either.

At this stage all I’m trying to do is to lock up tiny pockets of value to buy covering ammunition for the heavier staking to come.

Plenty of time to sort ourselves out and correct for errors yet!

Last edited:
Cheltenham tends to make or break my year (Flat and NH together). I look to double my overall outlay on sizable stakes at Cheltenham. Although in percentage terms this strategy of doubling my outlay is less ambitious than for any other meeting, I stake exponentially more here. So when I double my money or better I do extremely well.

For this campaign (in the real world) I’ve taken small opening positions on Long Run (Gold Cup) and Captain Chris (Champion Chase)… In the previous two seasons the only two I’ve been on at this stage were Big Bucks (World Hurdle) and Denman (Gold Cup).

I want to back Cue Card for something (for the competition I’ve done him in the Arkle) but I’d expect him to perhaps settle on more of a stamina test… although I don't think he’ll go for the RSA either.

At this stage all I’m trying to do is to lock up tiny pockets of value to buy covering ammunition for the heavier staking to come.

Plenty of time to sort ourselves out and correct for errors yet!

Thanks Steve. Keep us updated during the year. it's very interesting to read your views on building ante post positions. I remember you be slaughtered for taking 7/4 Big Buck a couple of seasons ago.

The new 2m 4f novice chase?

Yep, the one Noble Prince took last season.

re Ante-Post. I think Captain Chris may be the most interesting horse to follow programme wise this year. I've taken 10s about him for the King George and if he goes to Kempton and gets beat the chances are surely that he goes for the QM, especially with the record Arkle winners have in the race. It may be prudent to have positions on him in both contests.

Hi Art (brian here) , having run a similar compo over the last few years its a pleasure to enter your one and sit on my ass .Also with the added incentive of trying to wedge a few quid out of Grassys and Roddys wallets. Will hopefully see you down at Colms before Xmas and be able to take in a meeting.

Oct bets-

Menorah 12/1 Arkle B365 £350 win
Mount Benbulben 20/1 A.Barlett £150 win Stan James

tks

Good to see you on here, Brian (for those of you who don't know him yet, Brian is a fellow part-owner of Raise The Beat, along with myself, Cantoris and a bunch of others).

A few people have remarked on what a great idea for a competition this is and I had to make clear the idea came from elsewhere.

I also have to point out that New Approach and Gearoid/Slim Chance have done all the work relating to entries and scorekeeping so far.

Good shout. He looked peerless at Cheltenham and at Punchestown he really dug out a win. The current 9/1 for the King George is probably still worth a bet but can Long Run really be beaten at Kempton if showing up?

Good to see you on here, Brian (for those of you who don't know him yet, Brian is a fellow part-owner of Raise The Beat, along with myself, Cantoris and a bunch of others).

A few people have remarked on what a great idea for a competition this is and I had to make clear the idea came from elsewhere.

I also have to point out that New Approach and Gearoid/Slim Chance have done all the work relating to entries and scorekeeping so far.

New Approach has done 99% of the work, what with my laptop being dead and being too busy to do anything bar what I'm paid to do at work. And anyway I've got the headache of getting the Naps competition off the ground. Where is that fecker On The Bridle? We need to talk about the prize fund.

Good shout. He looked peerless at Cheltenham and at Punchestown he really dug out a win. The current 9/1 for the King George is probably still worth a bet but can Long Run really be beaten at Kempton if showing up?

Maybe not. I'm not 100% convinced about Long Run though. He's beaten top class chasers on the decline part of their careers, but willl he be able to beat ones on the ascent part of their careers. I'm not sure, so I'm taking him on with CC in the King George and Time for Rupert in the Gold Cup.

Maybe not. I'm not 100% convinced about Long Run though at his current odds for both Kempton and Cheltenham. He's beaten top class chasers on the decline part of their careers, but willl he be able to beat ones on the ascent part of as well? I'm not sure, so I'm taking him on with CC in the King George and Time for Rupert in the Gold Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back