Cheltenham Ante-post January Entries

New Approach and I will have to think about that Grand Crus bet, Steve.

It falls foul of rule 5 below, because although William Hillare displayed on oddschecker the bet in question is not. That makes its verification more difficult, which is the reason for having the rule in the first place.

On the other hand, this is a new type of bet, introduced since the rules were written, which spices up the ante post markets and might well be introduced by other bookmakers. If we allow the bet it will have to be under rule 14.

I was with you on Denman, but this would be a pedantic ruling were it to be disallowed. It's a special bet offered under all-in ante-post terms by a leading bookmaker (and William Hill is of course displayed on oddschecker "...with any bookmaker displayed on oddschecker.com"). The terms are also drawn attention to in today's Racing Post, if verification were needed... Rule 14 is needed to be called off the touchline! :)

Last edited:
I'll put the tables for the competition up to the end of December on this thread.

The first two images are the total of all bets placed, firstly by horse and then by race.

Attachments

• horses.jpg
    horses.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 19
  • races.jpg
    races.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 16
The next couple of posts contain all bets by forum member. Those highlighted in orange are the members who already have ten or more horses in their portfolios (see rule 9. There is no limit on the number of horses that can be backed, but only ten will count for scoring purposes.) and some others should also be aware of rule 11. If a horse is backed for more than one race, each will count as a separate "horse" for the purposes of rules 9, 10 and 13.

Also, now that the monthly pots are getting larger everyone should also remember rule 8. The maximum amount allowed on any one horse in any one race is £1,500. as some already have over £1000 on one horse.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 21
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 22
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 19
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 22
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 22
Apologies in advances for any mistakes and please point out any you spot so I can amend the spreadsheet.

The images are all alphabetical as usual.

Attachments

• m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 17
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 16
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 23
RSA - £200w Bob's Worth @ 8/1 - Bet365

Gold Cup - £200w Captain Chris @ 25/1- VC

Arkle - £200w Sprinter Sacre @ 5/2 - Coral

Neptune - £200w Simonsig @ 14/1 - Sky Bet

Jewson - £100w For Non Stop @ 14/1 - Bet 365

Jewson - £100w Silvaniaco Conti @ 8/1 - Hills

Last edited:
Apologies in advances for any mistakes and please point out any you spot so I can amend the spreadsheet.

The images are all alphabetical as usual.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into this NA:cool: I have 4 horses put up for January which aren't on the spreadsheet(apologies for even cribbing)..maybe you're still updating the Jan bets?

Rgds,
PW2008

A certain PR girl said to me after his last win "Sam James says its the best horse he's ever sat on". My reply was obviously scathing given the highest rated horse he has won on was 106 I think the horse is a ridiculous price for the Triumph.

A certain PR girl said to me after his last win "Sam James says its the best horse he's ever sat on". My reply was obviously scathing given the highest rated horse he has won on was 106 I think the horse is a ridiculous price for the Triumph.

You may be proved right... so far what we have seen have been very average IMHO. The favourite is a tail swishing dodge monkey.. Minsk was a talking horse as a 2yo.. I backed him to beat Recital in a maiden at Navan where he collapsed late on. He has done nothing but improve since and absolutely dotted up in the Irish Ces (thanks Slim). Fine big scopey horse and when he hacks up in his maiden in two weeks time he will go as short as 5 or 6/1. The vibes from the yard are very very strong for him. The Triump isn't a race to build a book around ante-post but Minsk will be fairly central to how my Cheltenham fairs.

You may be proved right... so far what we have seen have been very average IMHO. The favourite is a tail swishing dodge monkey.. Minsk was a talking horse as a 2yo.. I backed him to beat Recital in a maiden at Navan where he collapsed late on. He has done nothing but improve since and absolutely dotted up in the Irish Ces (thanks Slim). Fine big scopey horse and when he hacks up in his maiden in two weeks time he will go as short as 5 or 6/1. The vibes from the yard are very very strong for him. The Triump isn't a race to build a book around ante-post but Minsk will be fairly central to how my Cheltenham fairs.

Minsky??

Back