Cheltenham Ante-post January Entries

Trudj, you have 10 horses at the moment (Simonsig and Oscar Whisky have entries for different races so count as 4 rather than 2) but you can choose as many as you like, just as long as you let me know the 10 you want to count for the competition at the end of Feb.
:blink:
I is confussed now.... (told you it doesnt take much!)

I cant even remember which races Ive got those two in, though I didnt think Id had two bets on OW, just the world?? or does my bet on him count whichever race he runs in? (same with S,though I have a feeling I may have picked him for the neptune as well as the supreme?)

Anyhoo - my remaining £600...

£200 e/w on Finians Rainbow for the CC - 13/2 with BetVictor (or whatever his name is this week) (Does this still count just as the one bet where im topping up?)
£100 win Cinders and Ashes for the supreme 20-1 Bluesquare and 888bet
£100 win Kentford Grey Lady in the mares hurdle - 16s all over the place, baldyfred and Laddies to name but two....

Last edited:
Trudi, I think New Approach is right.

If you go to the third of her posts on 5 Jan you will see that you had eight horses picked up to the end of December (the bets on Simonsig for two different races count as bets on two separate "horses" for the purposes of the competition).

To those eight should be added your selections of 1 Jan, which were:

...another £100 win Finnians Rainbow at 9-1 with Corals - Champion Chase
£100 win Oscar Whiskey 8-1 with Boylesports/Victor Chandler for the world hurdle
£200 win Sprinter Sacre in the Arkle 5-2 Paddy power and loads of others...
Your Finian's Rainbow bet is a top-up of an earlier bet on the same horse in the same race. You can top up as much as you like up to a maximum £1500.

Your previous bet on Oscar Whiskey, however, was for the Champion Hurdle, so your World Hurdle bet will count as an extra "horse" under the rules.

The Sprinter Sacre bet then brings you to a total of ten "horses".

Your bets today on Cinders And Ashes and Kentford Grey Lady should now be added, bringing you to a current total of 12 "horses". There is no problem with this, but at the end of February, the cut-off date, only ten of them can count for scoring purposes.

The relevant rules are:

8. The maximum amount allowed on any one horse in any one race is £1,500.

9. There is no limit on the number of horses that can be backed, but only ten will count for scoring purposes.

10. Participants can indicate on or before the cut-off date of 25 Feb which horses they want to include in their final portfolio, otherwise the ten most recently selected will be chosen by default.

11. If a horse is backed for more than one race, each will count as a separate "horse" for the purposes of rules 9, 10 and 13.

Cool.... I think, I certainally know which two I'm likely to drop....

Two things though - I never said new approach was wrong - just that I was confused??!!

And...

New Approach is a girl??!!!! I never knew that, aways just presume people are blokes (when I don't know different already!!)

I'm definitely a girl!!

No problem though, unless someone has an obvious girls name I always assume everyone is a man too.

Hope you're OK with the number of horses now.

:D nice to get a little more balance sometimes ;)

and yes - I think Im grand wtih it now - I currently have 12, and by the 25th Feb I basically need to pick my 10...

400 win Kid Cassidy 25/1 Coral / Hills (Arkle)
300 win Mossley 33/1 Stan James (RSA)
300 win Montbazon 20/1 VC / Ladbrokes (Supreme)

Kid Cassidy should be 25/1 to get round.

One of those horses that has just caught my eye for his engine rather than his elegance! He's not all that likely to line up from what I can tell, but in a race run at Arkle pace might just help him travel better which might knock on to his jumping, a speculative effort, agreed!

Rather than lose the £400 I still have left for January I'll top up with:

Sprinter Sacre (Arkle) 9/4 Ladbrokes = £200 win

and have a poke at

Midnight Chase (Gold Cup) 20/1 William Hill = £200 win

Back