• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Not really got stuck in yet but...

50 EW Reve De Sivola WH @ 12/1
25 EW The Giant Bolster GCup @ 25/1
50 win Countrywide Flame CH @ 12/1
50 win Tammys Hill Foxhunters @ 12/1
50 win Salsify Foxhunters @ 10/1
50 win Oscars Well Arkle @ 10/1 (NR Free Bet)
25 EW Kentford Grey Lady Mares Hurdle @ 14/1
50 win Grandouet CH @ 10/1
50 win Arvika Ligeonniere Any Race 12/1
25 EW Pont Alexandre Supreme @ 25/1 (NR Free Bet)
25 EW Pont Alexandre Neptune @ 25/1 (NR Free Bet)
100 win Champagne Fever Neptune @ 8/1 (NR Free Bet)
20 win Sizing Europe Gold Cup @ about 100

Great read this - I'm very slow off the mark this year--

€100 ew Peddlers 16/1 WH
€100 win Go Native 50/1 CH (dead)
€100 win Minsk 20/1 Supreme ( needs to set off now and only then would he be quick enough)

Will be concentrating on Hurricane Fly and Silvinaco Conti and getting a book together in the next two weeks

I'm happy to be laughed at after the race if wrong..but you Irish guys..please don't lump on HF...i really don't think he will win

don't do your balls on him..hit the other races ..i don't want depressed people to converse with after the first day

remember these words ;)

I think he's almost as bad a fav as Dynaste. The other trainers know how to get him beat now and the race will be run mental fast.

I'm not keen on Dynastes price but I can't see see anything beating him. He was immense on boxing day and is a better horse than Grands Crus. I would not want to lay him at the prices.

Not really got stuck in yet but...

50 EW Reve De Sivola WH @ 12/1
25 EW The Giant Bolster GCup @ 25/1
50 win Countrywide Flame CH @ 12/1
50 win Tammys Hill Foxhunters @ 12/1
50 win Salsify Foxhunters @ 10/1
50 win Oscars Well Arkle @ 10/1 (NR Free Bet)
25 EW Kentford Grey Lady Mares Hurdle @ 14/1
50 win Grandouet CH @ 10/1
50 win Arvika Ligeonniere Any Race 12/1
25 EW Pont Alexandre Supreme @ 25/1 (NR Free Bet)
25 EW Pont Alexandre Neptune @ 25/1 (NR Free Bet)
100 win Champagne Fever Neptune @ 8/1 (NR Free Bet)
20 win Sizing Europe Gold Cup @ about 100

Who are all these NRNB's with? Wish I had one of those because I have already written-off Oscars Well.

Here's mine in points and not ££'s and there’s not much to get excited about this year:

Supreme
Jezki 1pt 8/1
My Tent Or Yours 1pt 20/1
Sizing Rio 1.6pts ew 25-33/1
Snake Eyes 0.4pts ew 33/1

Champion Hurdle
Rock on Ruby 2.5pts 9/1
Zarkander 1.5pts 12/1

RSA
Sire De Collenges 1.5pts 16/1
Ambion Wood 0.5pt 20/1

World Hurdle
Big Bucks 9.4pts 7/4 :(

Albert Bartlett
Coneygree 2pts 12/1

Gold Cup
Flemenstar 2.5pts 10/1
Last Instalment 0.5pt 75/1

To win any race
Dynaste 2.5pts 6/1
Overturn 2pts 7/1
Clandaw Kaempfer 2.5pts 10/1
Don Cossack 2.5pts 7/1
Fingal Bay 3.5pts 7/1

My little ante-post world caved in about an hour ago.

Supreme: Puffin Billy 20/1 - very hopeful if he goes here but now seems unlikely.
Arkle: Oscars Well 12/1 - got too carried away with chase debut; no chance

Neptune: Champagne Fever 14/1 - until about an hour ago would have been very hopeful but now a huge question mark even to appear

Neptune: Pendra 40/1 - always thought he would step up distance and like to see him go on trial at Huntingdon; jumps well and worse longshots if he stays

RSA: Buckers Bridge 40/1 - again got too carried with chasing debut which may have bottomed him; likely to be given time to get career back on track

Bumper: Golantilla 20/1 - impressive yesterday and may improve for better ground; at least you know this race is the target

Albert Bartlett: Champagne Fever 14/1 - at the time was cover for Neptune - see above

Albert Bartlett: Pont Alexandre 10/1 - backed in the expectation Champagne Fever was the number one for the Neptune

Gold Cup: Bobs Worth 12/1 - still remains the one to beat

Foxhunters: Salsify & Tammys Hill 12/1 - two of the best at double figure odds in a market which is only likely to contract

Any Race: Unioniste 8/1 - many options, hopefully will be aimed at one of the easier ones

Aware you have a semi for this one Grassy, see today Shark was saying that he slipped in parade ring pre race and it drove the horse wild.

One more run and is Cheltenham bound

Only a mild semi, granger. :whistle:

Dunno if there's a race for him at the Festival, to be honest. There may be some excuses for the Lexus run, but he appeared to travel and jump well enough, and it was the run of a horse wanting slightly shorter on similar ground, imo. The Ryanair would be the logical Festival target, and the stiff track might also help. He's be a no-hoper in a Gold Cup, in my view.

I'm still hopeful we can be a top-end horse, but confess I'm a bit worried that he might turn out to be like Joncol, and have a very narrow optimum operating window. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Grandouet & Hurricane Fly,
Sprinter Sacre,
Overturn,
Ned Buntline (Both),
Tistory (Both)
Last Instalment,
Monksland
Also backed a couple of JP's

Well Sharp at big odds for the County Hurdle. He wouldn't get in off his current mark as well fine the bookie knew but that'll hopefully change as soon as we get some dry ground.

Had a small bet on Last Shadow at silly odds for the Triumph Hurdle on the machine and managed to get a fair bit on at decent odds with a real bookie after 2 of the so called big boys refused point blank

just a couple of lucky 15s with pp at the moment. ned buntline SN 20/1 binocular CH 20/1 sprinter sacre CC 1/2 bobs worth GC 3/1 finians rainbow RC 9/1 bog warrior WH 12/1 vinstar CB 20/1 Gevrey chambertin AB 10/1we can but dream...............

20/1 Golantilla was a very good price. I think his bumper win was one with a lot of depth he certainly didn't beat trees.

My little ante-post world caved in about an hour ago.

Supreme: Puffin Billy 20/1 - very hopeful if he goes here but now seems unlikely.
Arkle: Oscars Well 12/1 - got too carried away with chase debut; no chance

Neptune: Champagne Fever 14/1 - until about an hour ago would have been very hopeful but now a huge question mark even to appear

Neptune: Pendra 40/1 - always thought he would step up distance and like to see him go on trial at Huntingdon; jumps well and worse longshots if he stays

RSA: Buckers Bridge 40/1 - again got too carried with chasing debut which may have bottomed him; likely to be given time to get career back on track

Bumper: Golantilla 20/1 - impressive yesterday and may improve for better ground; at least you know this race is the target

Albert Bartlett: Champagne Fever 14/1 - at the time was cover for Neptune - see above

Albert Bartlett: Pont Alexandre 10/1 - backed in the expectation Champagne Fever was the number one for the Neptune

Gold Cup: Bobs Worth 12/1 - still remains the one to beat

Foxhunters: Salsify & Tammys Hill 12/1 - two of the best at double figure odds in a market which is only likely to contract

Any Race: Unioniste 8/1 - many options, hopefully will be aimed at one of the easier ones

Added:-

National Hunt Chase: Back In Focus 14/1 - A thorough stayer so I would have thought this and something like a Scottish National would be suitable targets leaving Boston Bob for the RSA - I would guess he would be 3/1 or shorter if taking his chance.

Vesper Bell is the Mullins horse for the National Hunt Chase

Not sure what you are basing that judgement on as you haven't 'shown your working' but if it's a quote from Mullins I wouldn't be so confident. We'll see but highly unlikely both Boston Bob and Back In Focus will run in the RSA and he would have a much better chance of winning the National Hunt Chase with Back In Focus than Vesper Bell.

After reviewing last years ante-post performance at Cheltenham I have restricted myself to a strong EW patent on

Overturn - Arkle 6/1
Grandueot CH 7/1
Silviniaco Conti GC 7/1

Second AP bet - I like a speculative punt at this stage of the season:

Forgotten Voice - £10 win @ 100 Supreme Novices

One of the highest rated flat horses to go over hurdles this year and seems to be under the radar a little as he ran in a couple of non-events in late summer. Clearly needs better ground but what impressed me most was his hurdling when they were going full tilt in both races. Needs to settle but the pace of the Supreme will allow him to do that. If its good ground and he's there on the day I can't see him going off anywhere near that price - Obvious question marks over stamina but he's a big strong galloper with a turn of foot so if he does he has to be dangerous.

Also backed Peddlers Cross for the World Hurdle at 16's after Big Bucks was announced as a NR.

Second AP bet - I like a speculative punt at this stage of the season:

Forgotten Voice - £10 win @ 100 Supreme Novices

One of the highest rated flat horses to go over hurdles this year and seems to be under the radar a little as he ran in a couple of non-events in late summer. Clearly needs better ground but what impressed me most was his hurdling when they were going full tilt in both races. Needs to settle but the pace of the Supreme will allow him to do that. If its good ground and he's there on the day I can't see him going off anywhere near that price - Obvious question marks over stamina but he's a big strong galloper with a turn of foot so if he does he has to be dangerous.

Also backed Peddlers Cross for the World Hurdle at 16's after Big Bucks was announced as a NR.

Someone listened - £8 available to lay at 55 now.

:lol:

I have ante-posters scattered all over the parish; with several nonsense tilts at crazy prices in the mix. I've not played in many races but rather have had a combination of cover/crazy bets in fewer races. Summary as follows:

Race/Committed then Selection/Return no Stake or Commission

Supreme Novices/£103
My Tent Or Yours/£1770

Arkle/£10
So Young/£690
Fingal Bay/£1130

Champion Hurdle/£785
Hurricane Fly/£3,324
Darlan/£1737
Solwhit/£3630
Esmondo/£7515
Oscar Whisky/£777
Thousand Stars/£1662

Neptune/£88
Pont Alexandre/£795

RSA/£54
Champagne Fever/£656
Simonsig/£1245

World Hurdle/£104
Oscar Whisky/£737
Quevega/£230

Ryanair/£15
Cue Card/£112

Gold Cup/£600
Bobs Worth/£2522
Soll/£1998
Cue Card/£642
Wishfull Thinking/£2510
Hidden Cyclone/£1930

I also have a £50 double Hurricane Fly (5/1) and Bobs Worth (5/1), and both in Trixies with My Tent Or Yours (16/1).

I've added the following since I originally posted:

RSA
Aupcharlie/£30/£577

Stayers
Solwhit/£40/£1660

Gold Cup
Imperial Commander/£35/£1910

Back