Cheltenham Ante Post Portfolio

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
You can add Another Senstaion EW at 20/1 for the Fred Winter to my list of thingies

Is this a shot in the dark or is there any stable confidence? I would have thought most people would have the concern that he appeared to be outpaced (on soft ground) in what was a pretty ordinary novice. Having said that it was his first start for connections and no doubt he could improve significantly. Unfortunately, that same tag could be applied to several of the potential opposition.

I had another £40 at 10/1 BOG-NRNB with Bet365 this morning (Goulanes - RSA Chase)

Last edited:
Handicap Update. I haven't had a real dash - more a few early markers before I get stuck in at the 5-days.

Coral Cup
Fiverforthree (£25 @ 23/1 - OCD qualifier)
Art Professor (£10 at 90)

Pertemps Final
Art Professor (£25 @ 27.5)

Grand Annual
Rody (£40 @ 13.5)

Martin Pipe
Art Professor (£36 @ 29)

Added:
Supreme:
Jezki £25w @ 58/10

Champion Hurdle:
Zarkandar £20w @ 5/1

Jewson:
Module £20w @ 10/1

Ryanair:
For Non Stop £10ew @ 20/1 (NRNB)

Foxhunters:
Chapoturgeon £40w @ 5/1

Martin Pipe Conditional Hurdle:
Barbatos £15ew @ 33/1 (NRNB)

Chapoturgeon (Fox) and Cristoforo Colombo (2000 (Gns) £10 @ 5/1 and 12/1

Zarkandar (CH) and Pendra (Coral Cup) £10ew @ 5/1 and 14/1

Bostons Angel (XC) and Module (Jewson) £10ew @ 10/1 and 10/1

For Non Stop (Ryan) and Kid Cassidy (GA) £5ew @ 20/1 and 14/1

todays additions :cool:

hurricane fly champ hurdle 3/1 NRNB
chatterbox neptune 16/1 NRNB
dynaste jewson 11/4 NRNB

I just had to back Taquin Du Seuil again. Jonjo is unusually enthusiastic about this horse and has even said he could be the best he's ever trained.

I've backed him on his own and had several doubles around the place with him and Far West.

If they both win I'll be looking for a bigger yacht:D

I'm doing e/w multis.

Benefficient 25/1 / Bailey Green 40/1 Arkle
Kentfort Grey Lady 9/1 - Mares
Sanctuaire 20/1 - Queen Mother
Cape Tribulation 20/1 Gold Cup
Gevrey Chambertin 10/1 Martin Pipe
Nine Realms 7/1 The Lincoln

Hopefully I've got them combined right. Given that Imperial Commander and Katenko are out Cape Tribulation really is the joker in the pack. Can see him going off around 12/1.

Last edited:
Have added recently

Ataglance EW 10/1 nrnb bog handicap last race first day name always changes
Le Vent Daltan 10/1 nrnb
Pont Alexander AGAIN 5/2 nrnb
Melodic Rendevous 10/1 nrnb this years Cinders & Ashes

Last pieces will be ew yokes in handicaps when decs are put and more ew yokes against the skinny ones in Arkle and Champion Chase for cash.

My AP portfolio is a mullins of a mess. I seem to have a lot of horses in the wrong races. I won't list these as it hurts.

Champagne Fever's last win enabled to cover my bets on that horse to win the RSA but I remain seriously exposed particularly as I have decent bets on others in all the races he is entered for.
My big hope is Cape Tribulation where I have good few ew bets ranging from 150/1 to 33/1. I took account of possible withdrawals in doing ew
I keep backing and laying Jezki and thus added a few points to my average which is now appox 14/1. MTOY would be a nightmare start to the week for me.

Other backed in singles are Edeymi in the Coral 13/1 average; Balthazar King 7s and 8s. Hunt Ball in the Bryne 7s and 8s He was imperious winning last year and is built to carry weight; Ballycasey in the Potato race average 7/1. Countrywide Flame CH roughly 22/1 ew

I also have various £5 or £10 unit multiples including all mentioned above( ex MTOY).

€200 @ 100+ Staying Article (Champion Hurdle)
€200 @ 40+ Cue Card (Gold Cup)
€250 @ 7/1 Grandouet (Champion Hurdle)
€1000 @ 9/4 Simonsig (Arkle Chase)
€136 e/w @ 16/1 Rolling Star (Triumph Hurdle)
€160 e/w @ 25/1 Binocular (Champion Hurdle)
€100 @ 10/1 Un Atout (Supreme Novice)
€70 e/w @ 12/1 Kid Cassidy (Grand Annual)
€120 e/w & 22/1 Cape Tribulation (Gold Cup)

€2,722 staked not including some multis so around €3k all told. It's all a bit mental but I managed to get my money in good overall and I could probably sell the portfolio for over around €4.5k right now.

Last edited:
I'd bring a spare pair of underpants with you wherever you go to watch the Arkle. A bag at 9/4 is a great bet on SS - pivotal to your week. Am considering ploughing in at 4/6......

I'd bring a spare pair of underpants with you wherever you go to watch the Arkle. A bag at 9/4 is a great bet on SS - pivotal to your week. Am considering ploughing in at 4/6......

Yes it's pivotal but I fear for Overturn. The only other play I see and it's. sound angle is backing Benefficient and Bailey Green w/o Simonsig. We can be turned over in that market.

Last edited:
Lost my bottle and did a MTOY and Simonsig double to take a bag. Also ew saver on Rule the World Neptune and For Non Stop ew in Ryanair.

Lost my bottle and did a MTOY and Simonsig double to take a bag. Also ew saver on Rule the World Neptune and For Non Stop ew in Ryanair.

Yeah I have that double, only small though at 20s and evs.

For Non Stop is the best value left in any graded race at this point.

The best value is e/w multiples! Champion Hurdle is going be 9 runners and the Supreme is usually 4 places. Add that to the Mares Hurdle and the Arkle and an e/w Lucky 15 should be be child's play.

Back