Quevega @ 8/13
Pont Alexandre @ 11/4
Dynaste @ 2/1
Sprinter Sacre @ 2/9
Rolling Star @ 5/1
Bobs Worth @ 3/1
9 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

:D

This is possibly the gayest bet every struck.

Can't quite bring myself to back either of the front two in the Arkle, and have instead settled for a couple of haymakers:

£10 avg 109 - Twinlight
£06 avg 106 - Module
module goes jewson

mine updated.....

sprinter sacre 4/7 qm cc (large stake win)
simonsig 5/2 arkle (medium stake win)
jezki 8/1 supreme novices (small stake win)
my tent or yours 4/1 supreme novices (medium stake win)
quevega 20/1 & oscar whisky 25/1 world hurdle (both small stake e/w)
hurricane fly 2/1 champion hurdle (medium stake win)
finians rainbow 9/1 ryanair chase (small stake win) < taken before he ran like a drain at ascot on saturday

Last edited:
Added:
Grand Annual
Kid Cassidy 1pt win 14/1

Pertemps
Close House 0.5pts ew 14/1

Bumper
Captain Cutter 0.2pts win 40/1

No more bets until NRNB :whistle:

Have done a variety of bets; using 4 /8 and 12 inch nails:D

Sir Des Champs ; Gold Cup (12 inch nail):whistle:

Pique Sous ; Supreme NRNB 18/1

Rock On Ruby ; Champion Hurdle 9/1

Moyle Park ; Bumper 14/1

Our Conor ; Triumph 6/1
Swnymor ; Triumph

Pont Alexandre ; Neptune (12 inch nail):<3:
Sam Winner ; Pertemps Final 12/1

Have done a variety of bets; using 4 /8 and 12 inch nails:D

Sir Des Champs ; Gold Cup (12 inch nail):whistle:
I agree with you here. I've never changed my mind on so many races for Chelters as this year, every week I'm thinking a different horse will win a few of the big races, but I did well last year when changing my mind, and I've decided Sir Des Champs will win the GC. Final decision. Will put my bets up on this thread in due course as I know everyone will be dead interested.:)

Last edited:
My complete rather excessive list:

Supreme:
My Tent or Yours £50w @ 6/1

Champion Hurdle:
Grandouet £55w @ 91/10

Arkle:
Arvika Ligeonniere £30w @ 11/1

Cross Country:
Boston's Angel £10w @ 12/1

RSA:
Boston Bob £35w @ 97/10
Our Father £10w @ 14/1

Bumper:
Pure Science £15w @ 16/1

Jewson:
Oscar's Well £35w @ 145/10 and £20w @ 10/1 (NRFB)
Arvika Ligeonniere £25w @ 10/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
First Lieutenant £25w @ 10/1 (NRFB)
Finian's Rainbow £25w @ 105/10

World Hurdle:
Reve De Sivola £15ew @ 10/1

Albert Bartlett:
Coneygree £130w @ 92/10

Gold Cup:
Sir Des Champs £15w @ 8/1

Non Runners - Total of £195 lost (Mainly Flemenstar, Fingal Bay, Spirit Son and Clondaw Kaempfer)

Doubles:
My Tent or Yours (Sup) and Simonsig (Arkle) £10 @ 20/1 and evs

My Tent or Yours (Sup) and Zarkandar (CH) £15 @ 2/1 and 6/1

Overturn (ARK) and Grandouet (CH) £10 @ 4/1 and 7/1

Grandouet (CH) and Sir Des Champs (GC) £10 @ 12/1 and 6/1

Grandouet (CH) and Cue Card (RY) £10 @ 7/1 and 6/1

Grandouet (CH) and Divers (BGP) £10ew @ 7/1 and 33/1

Boston Bob (RSA) and What a Name (1000 Gns) £10 @ 10/1 and 14/1

Pont Alexandre (NEP) and Sizing Europe (Ryan) £10 @ 11/4 and 7/1

Pont Alexandre (NEP) and Far West (Triumph) £10 @ 11/4 and 6/1

Pure Science (Bumper) and Coneygree (AB) £10 @ 16/1 and 8/1

Captain Conan (Jewson) and Silviniaco Conti (Gold Cup) £10 @ 6/1 and 9/1

Oscar's Well (Jewson) and Coneygree (AB) £10 @ 10/1 and 8/1

Coneygree (AB) and What a Name (1000 Gns) £10 @ 12/1 and 4/1

I've done a fair bit of faffing the last couple of weeks, and haven't played in any of the handicaps as yet, so expect to faff about some more before the off. Here's the latest from my portfolio - I've included only those bets I still consider live:

Exchange
Horse/Take-out (no Stake or Commission)

Supreme (Total Stake £57.11)
My Tent Or Yours/£1469.37
Mozoltov/£1311.78

Arkle (£73.90)
Fago/£547.70

Champion Hurdle (£783.42)
Hurricane Fly/£3315.15

Bumper (£70)
Le Vent Dantan/£735

Champion Chase W/O Sacre/£75.05
Mail De Bievre/£933.56

NH Chase/£150
Goulanes/£2296.83

Neptune/£87.46
Pont Alexandre/£795.37

RSA Chase/£104.10
Goulanes/£555.90

Ryanair Chase/£102.46
Cue Card/£555.19

Stayers/£214.70
Oscar Whisky/£621.86
Solwhit/£3333.28

Gold Cup/£731.84
Bobs Worth/£2748.56
Imperial Commander/£1213.16

Multiples
£30 Treble: HF (7/2), BW (3/1), Jezki (7/2)
£7 Treble: HF (4/1), BW (3/1), MTOY (16/1)
£5 4-Timer: HF (5/1), Dynaste (11/2), MTOY (10/1), Arivka (7/1)
£24 Double: HF (5/1), BW (9/2)
£12 Double: HF (5/1), BW (9/2)
£50 Double: HF (5/1), BW (5/1)
£5 EW Yank: Boston Angel (XC - 10/1), Goulanes (NHC - 12/1), Taquin De Seiul (Neptune - 10/1), Cue Card (Ryanair - 11/2)
£70 Win: Champagne Fever - any race (9/1)
£3 Yank & £7 4-Timer: Goulanes (NHC - 10/1), Cue Card (Ryan - 11/2), BW (3/1), Pont Alexandre (3/1)

I think that's it. :whistle:

From RP: bet365 are going non-runner no bet and best odds guaranteed for all races at the Cheltenham Festival from 11pm this evening.

Have added a small bet on courtesy call at 33's for the triumph in case of a big run tomorrow.backed it before I knew about bet 365 nrnb

Have since added:-

Supreme: Un Atout 12/1 - originally thought he would want further but more impressed with him last time.

Champion Hurdle: Cotton Mill 25/1 - definitely the unknown quantity but needs the ground to dry out (would be interesting to know O'Regan's thoughts relative to Countrywide Flame).

Jewson: Argocat 33/1 & 20/1 - solid form and this race looks the ideal target unlike so many others in the market - some concern this race might get tougher with horses running scared of Simonsig and Dynaste.

Albert Bartlett: At Fishers Cross 7/1 - run against The New One probably the best novice form of the season.

Champion Bumper: Le Vent D'Antan 14/1 - travelled like a dream on debut and like so many just a question of what he beat.

RSA: Unioniste 12/1 - already backed to win any race and this now looks the likely target.

Three down already with Pendra surprisingly not even getting a Neptune entry, Buckers Bridge only getting a Jewson entry and Oscars Well having zero chance even if he were to turn up for the Arkle. Expecting bad news about Champagne Fever pretty shortly.

Latest additions - bit concerned I have pretty much run out of ideas before the NRNB has arrived.

Triumph Hurdle - Our Conor 7/1 & 11/2 - certainly put paid to Diakali's hopes and my best of the meeting.

Supreme & Champion Hurdle - My Tent Or Yours 9/4 & 10/1 - for me the one to beat whatever the target but still has to handle the track.

Jewson - Tap Knight 33/1 - looks the logical target so will probably run in the Byrne.

Neptune - Two Rockers 33/1 - would have been better in an Albert Bartlett as less pressure on jumping but has massive ability.

Bumper - Diamond King 20/1 - no idea if this is on the agenda but visually as impressive as any bumper winner this season

Fred Winter - Saphir Du Rheu 10/1 - looks well enough in if jumping holds up.

JLT - Loch Ba 25/1 - very impressive for step up in trip and one of the few bits of value in Bet365 NRNB.

Coral Cup - Master Of The Sea 25/1 & 16/1 - very impressive over longer trip hopefully stiffer track will help with the step back in trip.

Coral Cup - Gevrey Chambertin 14/1 - any number of options but hopefully will end up here.

Pertemps - Close House 14/1 - another pretty obvious chance, looks as if season has been geared towards this race.

Martin Pipe - Edmund Kean 14/1 - presumably they got the quick runs in for a good reason, looks very progressive.

Grand Annual - Ballynagour 16/1 - looks like Pipe is going to win all the handicaps this year.

Even looking better for Oscars Well in the Arkle now - at this rate there might only be three runners, mind you he would need the other two to fall.

10 weeks to go to the festival.

I think there is an angle to be had in the Arkle and Champon Chase markets where the front of the market is dominated by Sprinter Sacre and Simonsig. I'd have thought Overturn and Sanctuaire are both highly likely to take up their engagements in their respective race. Two e/w singles and an e/w double @ 7/1 & 14/1 with Bet365 could look a tidy investment when both races enivatiably cut up because of the hotpots.

Now as for getting the bet on with Bet365...

I posted the above 8 weeks ago but foolishly never had the etc although Santuaire is much longer in the betting. Anyone have an e/w angles in either race? I reall like Baily Green e/w @ 66/1 for the Arkle. The w/o Simonsig market e/w could throw up some seriously good e/w bets where the win part is completely live too.

Last edited:
Assuming he goes to Cheltenham after today I'd be tempted to give Realt Dubh a chance. This habit he has of making at least one major mistake in every race is less likely on a decent surface imo. He jumped fine in his Arkle bid and when he finished behind Captain Chris at Punchestown in his follow up race. Even though he was nowhere in last year's QM it was his first race for a year and his lacklustre effort was the result of fatigue rather than through jumping errors.

I posted the above 8 weeks ago but foolishly never had the etc although Santuaire is much longer in the betting. Anyone have an e/w angles in either race? I reall like Baily Green e/w @ 66/1 for the Arkle. The w/o Simonsig market e/w could throw up some seriously good e/w bets where the win part is completely live too.

Very early in the season I was thinking about Baily Green off a big weight in the Grand Annual. Unfortunately, I think he is better going right-handed.

I was going to back him at 66/1 e/w in the Arkle last night but as soon as I tweeted about it Stan James cut it. Interesting horse.

There is a move for Binocular today. I'm starting to believe the win part of the bet is very much alive. I've up scaled the bet to 'project 5 BAGS' status.

Last edited:
Back