Cheltenham Bumper

Didn't look at the bumper until about 10 minutes before the race and for some reason I cant explain I had a throway tenner on the winner -averaging 105 for my money.
Respect to treetangle -serious bit of analysis.

Impressive work for a 4 year old. Nice to see Tizzards having a nice winner too. Thought Colin was almost lost for words afterwards.

Well done those that backed him!

Thanks. When I was in the chatroom the other night I said that I thought time would eventually show him to be the best horse in the race but on the day nobody could have expected him to win as he did. Despite the starting price he was at least as impressive as Dunguib and he looks a real prospect for next year - hopefully he will continue to progress.

I will try and post a little more regularly on here as there seems to be a more friendly 'atmosphere' compared to other forums which I am finding too easily degenerate into a 'battleground'.

Despite the starting price he was at least as impressive as Dunguib and he looks a real prospect for next year - hopefully he will continue to progress.

Might even be good enough to win a Supreme. :ninja:

Seriously though, very well done. As long as you keep tipping 40/1 winners, you won't have many enemies on this forum! :D

No point in stepping him up unless he needs to. He has bolted up in two bumpers (one over 1m6f) and despite his pegigree looks to have plenty of pace.

I'd stick to 2m - he had the pace to bolt up in a 1m6f bumper before frankly pissing in today. As treetangle says, he's plenty of pace and the pedigree doesn't necessarily shout that he'll be desperate to be stepped up in trip, not yet at least.

Good winner of the race by a sire I really like (on my shopping list for this Summer) but the Irish horses were not well fancied and still can't believe the gamble on Shot from The Hip. Very few got into the race. It will be interesting to see how the form works out next year.

Back