Cheltenham Bumper

JP Magnier gets slated on places like this because of who he is. He wouldn't be my first choice amateur but he is capable of riding plenty of winners in these races.

He wouldn't be my second, third, fourth............choice either. He used to be ok when he was riding regularly but he was appalling on Defy Logic. I think he would have won handy with a decent jock on. He's a serious horse. As I said, where they end up no-one knows as they are different types. But for the time being Defy Logic is a machine!!

He wouldn't be my first choice amateur but he is capable of riding plenty of winners in these races.

That's rich coming form you. Yourself and Cantoris have pulled off more jockeys that a Newmarket stable lass.

Last edited:
:lol: ...a fair few then?

Cantoris threw Barry Cash off an aeroplane after a ride on Brave Inca in Aintree.
On The Bridle has jocked off Ronan Whelan, Ben Curtis and the much underrated Chris Hayes for not winning on his well handicapped aeroplane this year alone.

Like I said, a bit rich...

Last edited:
Lads i thought the jockey probably didnt help Defy Logic a lot but these bumpers are an education for horses anyway. He will be some horse with the toe he showed after never really settling properly if he can jump a hurdle or fence and has a pro jock on board. Personally i was waiting to see what he would do as i had heard a good bit about him and have to say that despite the defeat i was very very impressed with this introduction. Literally could be anything.

There's been a move for Utopian, who was an impressive winner at Fontwell today. He looks a very good prospect, but bear in mind he'll be ridden by David Dunsdon in the big one, which may make you think twice about supporting him. Dunsdon is slightly more stylish than JP Magnier and Barry Connell, but he's very much an amateur's amateur.

There's been a move for Utopian, who was an impressive winner at Fontwell today. He looks a very good prospect, but bear in mind he'll be ridden by David Dunsdon in the big one, which may make you think twice about supporting him. Dunsdon is slightly more stylish than JP Magnier and Barry Connell, but he's very much an amateur's amateur.

There hasn't been any move for him - bookmakers just put him in very short after his very impressive win. The comments from the trainer and the fact Stan James have shunted him out to 20/1 would suggest he is most unlikely to run. Sorry to say but the steady move over the past few days has been for Royal Guardsman.

Back