Cheltenham Festival 2012: DAY 1

i've no problem with folk being in the know..its how the fookin game works..what i can't stand is someone lazily getting info and making out they found it in the form book..its lazy, pretentious and encapsulates everything thats wrong with how these fakes get bulled up

the guy is a total fake imo

Gigilo does what Pricewise gets credit for..and he's a lot better at it..and without the nods that champagne Tom gets

Fair enough.

Last edited:
Big Mac going on and on and on about every winning selection and how he implies who anyone who didn't follow Tom on a winner is a complete clueless **** gets me sometimes, especially when i've backed the second, so no worries EC!

As a bit of an off topic, we are approaching the record users ever online, 95 at the moment (compared to TRF's 32), wonder if we will beat the record today, just shows how popular we are getting :)

As a bit of an off topic, we are approaching the record users ever online, 95 at the moment (compared to TRF's 32), wonder if we will beat the record today, just shows how popular we are getting :)

Congratulations. :)

What is TRF?

pricewise gets the nod again Hamm..just like the Williams one a few weeks ago..he reckons he spotted it making ground in that last race..what a load of old ****..hardly form to be of interest in a contest like this...he gets the nod then makes it fit..what a charlatan

He spotted the name Jonjo O'Neill, his record with big priced winners and took a chance. He wouldn't get a nod of hello from Jonjo :lol:

I've taken a potshot a Charminster in the novice handicap; came from a long way back off what looked a slow gallop in the novice handicap on Trials day in what was his first effort in a big field handicap. If that experience stands to him and his jumping holds up I could see him running a big race.

With regards to Tom Segal, I don't understand why connections would give him the nod when they know the effect he has on the market. I think his antepost record speaks for itself.

I've taken a potshot a Charminster in the novice handicap; came from a long way back off what looked a slow gallop in the novice handicap on Trials day in what was his first effort in a big field handicap. If that experience stands to him and his jumping holds up I could see him running a big race.

With regards to Tom Segal, I don't understand why connections would give him the nod when they know the effect he has on the market. I think his antepost record speaks for itself.

i'm not saying they directly give him the nod..3rd party

either way..he gets it..there are too many times when it happens..and his actual analysis is rubbish..just made to fit

Last edited:
On a different tack...Sadler's Wells is the grandsire of 4 out of the 5 winners so far today, and all different stallion sons (Beat Hollow, Kayf Tara, Oscar and King's Theatre). Wonder if that's some sort of record?

I rarely bet at odds on but Quevega at 4/7 is almost value. She has 20+ pounds on everything. Not bad as 4/7 shots go...

Back