Cheltenham Festival:Thursday Races

I'm just pleased Kyntara placed!

Old Bold Endeavour ran a screamer with the yard out of form at a huge price aswell.

I could do with GA Law just placing for a nice wee three figure sum on my super heinz.

Come on...

Last edited:
Pertemps - Prairie Dancer 50/1, 6 places - Sky wouldn't let me take the SP in their 8-place market and I didn't want to take their 33s. The chance isn't obvious but it's a second-season novice and could improve as much as many in the field.

The jock gave him a chance at least! Dear God.

I tough I am going to back Harry Cobden s mount till he gets a winner thinking Stage Star has a big chance....never even saw he was on Monminal till he crossed the line:mad:

Last edited:
Skeltons don't just train handicappers apparently.
Dan put up a spirited defence with Lydia just now.
Quite right too; anyone that cannot rejoice in a little 'un like Langar Dan coming good needs counselling imo

I dont really like it when they say a master trainer of handicappers. Surely it should be a master manipulator of handicappers? If he does it too many times will the powers that be take any action? Id imagine he could find an excuse for poor performance if he was ever questioned.

Good trainer though, clearly.

Last edited:
I think he'll run a race Marb vg horse on his day g/l

Cheers fella. I'd already have the 400 bagged in the bank if I'd simply stuck Djelo in my bet.

Djelo I mentioned months ago for the Turners aswell. So what did I do instead? Le Patron who came nowhere.

I really need my head examined sometimes.

Nevermind.

GA Law to finish in the four for a few hundred back. I'd more than settle for that.

Come on.

Last edited:
Cheers fella. I'd already have the 400 bagged in the bank if I'd simply stuck Djelo in my bet.

Djelo I mentioned months ago for the Turners aswell. So what did I do instead? Le Patron who came nowhere.

I really need my head examined sometimes.

Nevermind.

GA Law to finish in the four for a few hundred back. I'd more than settle for that.

Come on.

Djelo is one of those horses who always seen so run well for a long was is why I had a bet on him..unl mate

Well done anyone who backed Monmiral. I kept wondering about whether this was the aim but came to the conclusion the horse just wasn't as good as he used to be. I'm pretty sure the brother will have backed it but I have to admit I was urging Kyntara home just because I didn't want to see Monmiral!

Is anyone interrogating Nicholls the way they are Skelton?

I don't think so...

Sick of backing Protektorat can't believe he won that...Skeltons seem to have been keeping everything for tis meeting. Good on them.....

At! A race today in which I didn't lose money!!

I didn't have a bet!!!

:lol:

The brother and I talked about balking Protektorat last night but it was just shaping up to me like a total dog's dinner of a race and I decided no bet was the best bet.

Well done all Protektorat backers.

strong pace turned that into a test of stamina and suited the winner. hell of a week for skelton so far.

Well done anyone who backed Monmiral. I kept wondering about whether this was the aim but came to the conclusion the horse just wasn't as good as he used to be. I'm pretty sure the brother will have backed it but I have to admit I was urging Kyntara home just because I didn't want to see Monmiral!

Is anyone interrogating Nicholls the way they are Skelton?

I don't think so...

One of my first thoughts was Dessie will have backed that ..Didn't you have him top rated for a race a while back?

That was absolute wank. Envoi Allen too old, Banbridge hated the ground. Lucked out. Horse had no form, always hate it when that happens.

Back