Cheltenham Festival: Tuesday Races

Salvador Ziggy out to 10/1 with three places on offer in plenty of places. I presume the drift is down to the ground but it was soft enough when it ran in the Pertemps last year so I'm hoping its class will see it through safely enough. I've taken the 10/1 again, ew, with the three places and BOG. If they decide the ground is too soft and pull it then there's no harm done and the original bet was NRNB too.

They'll let it run, wouldn't want to dissapoint the Kid on board now would they..tailed off after a circuit...pulled up..

I got 12's but give up it, you don't send a mud lover to America for the hurdles national.

Last edited:
No, you don't, but he blew out there. Was it too good for him?

Plenty of soft ground form in his CV so I remain hopeful now, rather than the confident of recent weeks.

Smashing race to open proceedings.

I was counting my money going to the last but I have to say I thought he ducked out of the challenge up the hill.

That could be a big pointer to the De Bromhead horses for the week.

Well done all the Slade Steel backers.

good race. nice form boost for Ballyburn ahead of tomorrow.

Jeriko getting pulled up will do nothing to quieten the alarm bells around Henderson's yard.

I think probably upgrade that performance as the winner was keen early, didn’t get the best jump at the last but still battled back. Like the second but he doesn’t look the finished article to me yet.

Jeriko may have not liked the ground but he was beaten a long way out. He looked great in the paddock and that would be a worry to me if I were Hendo.

Last edited:
Oh man he is in big trouble.

Thanks to Granger I dutched the winner 5/1 with Firefox 6/1 a couple of day ago..

Never had him on mind till he mentioned him

That was ice cool from Paul Townend, let Found A Fifty take the lead and never panicked, knew exactly what he had under him and let the race unfold a bit. Awesome ride and cracking horse.

That was ice cool from Paul Townend, let Found A Fifty take the lead and never panicked, knew exactly what he had under him and let the race unfold a bit. Awesome ride and cracking horse.
yeah probably just wanted the lead for as long as possible too

a very talented horse in a substandard renewal

I could do with a boost myself:lol: let's not kid ourselves this is going to be tough going today. I reckon a safety first approach is best....Back a double State Man and Lossiemouth calculate whet profit you can make from that and have 80% of that amount on Gaelic Warrior at worst I expect you will make a small profit if the double comes up and if Gaelic Warrior wins you win a lollypop ,No more bets that day

That'll do nicely:)

Fact to File walked all over him the last day as well albeit over further. Must be some serious horse.

Easy peasy for Gaelic Warrior. Easily the best of these over hurdles and entitled to be by far the best over fences now.

No problem with his jumping either.

No idea what the fvck Jacob was laying at on Hunters Yarn. Too far back off what wasn't an over-fast pace and I'm not sure the horse enjoyed horses jumping in front of him.

Still, I wanted Gaelic Warrior to win and well done all those who kept the faith with him.

That was sublime :<3:

Ive been a huge fan of this horse since standing next to Richi when he didn't win the Boodles. I got the feeling then he was one of his very best and he was my dark horse last year in the Ten to Follow.

Just to say....the feeling is coming back! :lol:

I backed him at 4.90 at 2am on the machine so they have had a right touch........I don't think we know the whole story about his last run. Horse was cantering landed awkwardly 4 out and to me as I said before he wrapped himself.

He looked to have improved a stone since last season before that.....I wouldn't oppose him against El Fabiolo next season tbh

Fact to File walked all over him the last day as well albeit over further. Must be some serious horse.

I would throw that form in the bin tbh......horse wasn't travelling after 4 out and PT just wanted to get him home.

Not saying fact To file isn't a good horse but he is very inexperienced to be backing at Cheltenham so I have left him alone

Good luck anyone who is crazy enough to have a bet in the next.....jonjo's could run a race but I'll have a bottle of Leo Beer and just watch,,,,,na I can't do that

ok I have a few quid on Jonjo's @9/4 to be in the first 6..so I am as crazy as the rest of you

Last edited:
Back