Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

Absolutely brilliant, delighted for connections. Brave decision, great ride, great jumping.

There can't be many broodmares who have produced two different horses to win the Hennessey and the GC, or many breeders who have done it. Will raise a glass to Lord Oaksey tonight.

Great result for racing

Not if it encourages anyone else to run a novice in the Gold Cup .

The rain helped no end and Holywell might well have gone much closer yesterday .

For all that unlike past novices who have run in it recently Coneygree is 8 and an extraordinarily good jumper . He was also given a brilliantly well judged ride .

All credit to them , especially for such a small stable and that it came off but very few novices have his attributes and maturity .

Magnificent result for the sport
What a weeks Horse racing we have had, Its been a belter.

Fantastic, better performance than vautour.

i got it wrong about the novice in this for sure..nothing ever got to him..incredible incredible performance

DO..you were right about djacadam..ran a blinder..got that form totally wrong

Vautour ran from 3 out faster than the Champion Chase..that is a gobsmacking performance..so i wouldn't be to keen to compare them..this is an amazing feat..i think Vautour will be producing something that will thrill us as well in the future too

lots to look forward to

I wonder if it might spark a few into pitching novices against elders? Lady Oaksey seemed to be hinting that she was ducking Vautour and Don Poli and going for the more winable race!!! Tees up next years Gold Cup if they all stay fit

if there's a hard luck story with the ground its probably road to riches given his proximity in the finish...amazing improvement from that horse

but coneygree is the story - stunning stuff from a horse few runs and it would have been cruel if he was pipped up the run-in. did it the hard way and you couldn't begrudge him that. good news is that after a lean enough spell we could have a vintage staying chase division next term...mullins will have to keep his apart..ricci likes kempton....don poli for leop and vautour v coneygree in the king george? not to mention a maturing djakadam. brilliant for racing

Just taken a few minutes to take stock but will check how the numbers crunch in due course.

Immediate reaction is that is must be one of the best ever renewals. Certainly one of the most exciting and I didn't win a bean.

...someone on here was talking about the horse ages ago right at the start of his career. Hope they were on today.

Just taken a few minutes to take stock but will check how the numbers crunch in due course.

Immediate reaction is that is must be one of the best ever renewals. Certainly one of the most exciting and I didn't win a bean.

Me neither, Conti not placing cost me a packet
Didn't hinder my enjoyment of a wonderful spectacle though.

Fantastic round of jumping,stood off 5 or 6 like a real good un.fantastic story and great for racing.Hope Trainer uses some of his % to invest in a hairbrush.

More to come from coneygree for sure.

Horses ridden prominent or front
Conagree
SC
Many Clouds
Djakadam
Road to Riches
Holywell

Not very obvious but looks like the protagonists will be there. I might reverse tricast them. The rest if held up particularly Lord Windermere will struggle to get involved imo

£750

Back