Cheltenham Handicaps

Anyone else have a problem evaluating the Venetia Williams entries? Wouldn't be a surprise if one of them went in but the vast majority have form in small fields and or/at tracks that bear no resemblance to Cheltenham.

Kid Cassidy is a lunatic according to Charlie Morlock (asst trainer) at West Berks Preview night at Newbury . Still can't get him settled.

Yes I agree KID CASSIDY does look like a tricky ride, I will stick with my first impression, that they are up to no good dropping the handicap mark ( or at least making sure it does not rise). Aragorn right saying its only 2 pound lower than last year, but he is a year stronger. I am surprised its around the 10/1 mark I was expecting much better value.

Seeing the Imperial Cup today, I will be looking well outside the usual suspects of Henderson / Nicholls etc.
Minefields again

With it being general knowledge that jonjo is a top festival trainer im interested in the chances of its a gimme in the county hurdle,since pulling up in the ladbroke in attrocious conditions he looks to have been kept away from the worst of the winter ground and fits in to the age and ratings band of recent winners.

Ladbrokes surely fecked up by offering their enhanced odds until 11:00 - just after the decs.

The withdrawal of Cantlow, Alfie Sherrin and co made the 8/1 Our Mick a superb price.

Site was running slow unsurprisingly though and it became quite tight timing wise.

Helped soften the blow of Melodic Rendezvous' withdrawal.

Lee

Hey Big Spender has had a mention already, I'm happy to give him a go at 33/1. Rajdhani Express & Johns Spirit in the last would have chances.

Plenty of firms going 1/4 first 5 in the JLT. Tantamount to an offer.

Pretty much forces me to play. I'll probably back 2 or 3 by the time the tape goes up.

I am interested by

Hey Big Spender (ran very well lto, on a very nice mark) 33/1
Summery Justice (unexposed, will love the ground) 50/1

In the JLT. Any thoughts?

I am interested by

i looked closely at Summery Justice, but thought Tenor Nivernais might be the yards main hope.

I am interested by

Summery justice won't jump well enough IMO. That was certainly the case last year at Cheltenham. I should know, I backed him!

Merry King's form is very solid but having backed him I'm a little worried that he's drifting a bit. I also have a couple of small e/w bets on Pete the Feat and Monkerty Tunkerty.

White star line for me,he's not won in a long time but he's on a nice mark.looks a bit too obvious though.

Last edited:
Fruity O'Rooney went out a full half point in the place market, even though stayed same in win market and shortened on the boards....

Back