Cheltenham handicaps

just watched a horse called PRINCE SIEGFRIED he has some top form from his race where he fell at the last against the supreme favourite IRVING where there was not much between them imo, next time against ROYAL BOY he was given a very tame ride indeed, he was kept at the back and was allowed to leisurely coast home, this made me think they are setting him up for a handicap.

I see he is entered in 4 races at cheltenham and I do not have a scooby doo which race he will go for but I would favour him going for either the coral cup or the martin pipe.

This horse could be massively underrated given his high class form was tarnished after his apparent poor showing against the ROYAL BOY, and at prices of 33/1 for the martin pipe look very good i would say. he is 40/1 for the coral cup but is showing 104/1 on betfair

Glad to see that you agree with me handsofstone. I'm on e/w single bets and included him in my hand'cp e/w multis, which I did yesterday. Get on!

Lol, I'm not complaining at all. Just think the sensible thing to do would have been at least send them the same way round.....
The other option was to add an extra day to the Festival to accomodate the initiative, so count yourself lucky. At least for the time being.....

Lol, well why not.... The first time I went there it was the very first fourth day, way before they made it an official part of the festival - would be about 93ish? Was Red Nose Day and my horse came 3rd in the handicap hurdle (and I won my first best turned out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cockney Mackem and Edmund Kean other fancies- I'm giving these away!

Last edited:
Glad to see that you agree with me handsofstone. I'm on e/w single bets and included him in my hand'cp e/w multis, which I did yesterday. Get on!

Great minds think alike ;). It,s number 43 in the weights so hopefully it will get in, it,s always good to have someone back up what you can see, it gives me a bit more confidence. It looks 1 of my strongest picks I have spotted thus far.

good luck:)

Let's have some handicap fancies then...
Pendra is getting some positive shouts
Dawalan in the Fred winter
Indian castle in the Kim muir

And I'm sure pipe will win the conditionals with maybe gold legacy

Don't fancy Pendra. Expensive failure in the Coral.

Think you'll get a good run from Bayan in the Coral and Inis Meain in the Pertemps. Indian Castle in the Kim Muir looks likely to start shorter.

Last edited:
Let's have some handicap fancies then...
Pendra is getting some positive shouts
Dawalan in the Fred winter
Indian castle in the Kim muir

And I'm sure pipe will win the conditionals with maybe gold legacy

Im keen on Cause of Causes in the 3m handicap on the Tuesday

Alfie Sherrin for the Kim Muir , Should be a nice prep for the National :ninja:

Yep Bayan is on my radar too. The others mentioned on the thread are prominent in the betting and they are well handicapped on obvious form lines.

Surprised to read Willie Mullins so bullish about one of his in an interview with attheraces:

Gitane Du Berlais - Triumph Hurdle

“She now definitely goes for the Triumph Hurdle. We were going to go a different direction with her but she definitely goes for the Triumph now. I said to Mr Munir that she is next year’s filly; she is a big talent that is going to mature. She has matured more in the last month than in her whole time her and I love the way she is going now.”

Im keen on Cause of Causes in the 3m handicap on the Tuesday

Alfie Sherrin for the Kim Muir , Should be a nice prep for the National :ninja:

I'd be shocked if Cause of Causes runs in that Fonz. 41.0 on Betfair if you disagree.

I'd be shocked if Cause of Causes runs in that Fonz. 41.0 on Betfair if you disagree.

Havn't actually got involved financially with it yet just a bit of an eyecatcher at the mo.
Don't usually get involved with the handicaps at the festival until the day

haven't looked in depth but there are some interesting novices (as usual ) don cossack would interest me in the byrne, also art of payroll in the county but not sure he's going for it.

Back