Cheltenham Handicaps

Thanks Marb.... He is in which is amazing, some feeling. We’ve booked Oakley Brown claiming 7lbs which we are really chuffed about. We are considering taking the cheekpieces off and putting a visor on. Anyone’s thoughts are welcome!
Forgive my lack of awareness, but haven't been able to keep up as much as I'd like on the forum recently. What's the horse, Flaggers?

*Edit* just saw your screenshot at the same time I asked.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Best of luck to your horse. What a thrill it must be watching a horse you own run round Cheltenham at the festival.

Absolutely! Crazy, was saying to WilsonL, I just can’t stop laughing and smiling about it. Just a huge shame that we can’t be there. Thanks guys!

I'll copy this one to the Longshot Thread.

I've taken one at a price in the Kim Muir, NRNB/BOG, just in case it doesn't actually run or, worse still, tries his hand in the NHC.

Macgiloney 33/1 - it's a slightly left-field selection but there has to be a chance he's been plotted up for over 18 months for this, since he went close in a decent novices' hurdle at Galway. He later came over to Cheltenham rated 137 but didn't run well behind Ramses De Teillee although the balance of his form suggests the heavy ground would have been against him.

A 137 novice then should have become a 147 second-season hurdler or first-season novice chaser, going on to become a 157 second-season chaser.

It looks to me like he's been kept largely to diddy races in which he can have a doddle around to gain experience but when the money's down he can run well. He beat Doctor Duffy (odds-on, 12L clear of the third, now rated 147) last July. He was also pitched in against Monkfish last month at 200/1 so an ideal opportunity to suffer a hefty doing but he ended up being brought down early. He then took in a weak novice chase, which he won despite a slipping saddle in ground that wouldn't have suited.

He looks like having every chance of making the cut at #30 on the current card and is off 131.

Thanks Marb.... He is in which is amazing, some feeling. We’ve booked Oakley Brown claiming 7lbs which we are really chuffed about. We are considering taking the cheekpieces off and putting a visor on. Anyone’s thoughts are welcome!

Leave the blinkers on. Visor won't make any difference.

ZOFFANIEN rated 130 I put up at 14/1 forthe Fred Winter...terrific turn of foot I have seen nothing to put me off going in EW again if he turns up

Just noticed Eskylane no longer in the Martin Pipe.

An absolutely brutal few days for my bets. Playing massive catch up before a race has been run

I've had a very close look at the Coral Cup.

Blue Sari might just be a certainty if it's over its breathing problems. It wears a tongue tie for the first time and carries JP's first colours. I've taken 16/1 and wouldn't be surprised if a gamble developed.

Blue Sari might just be a certainty if it's over its breathing problems. It wears a tongue tie for the first time and carries JP's first colours. I've taken 16/1 and wouldn't be surprised if a gamble developed.

I wanted him in the County, nice horse. Got a feeling the form of this Coral Cup going forward will he very strong

Gamble has been developing all morning

I put Palmers Hill forward on our live chat last night Grassy if you remember, I see you put it forward too.

The gamble started on Page 20 post #389. :ninja::lol:

I got it at 33/1, with Durasso at 40's for the County...and Flouer at 50's for the Martin pipe and a few others at cracking prices that are still in at the moment.

Flouer is my biggest winner, should he accommodate...I was alerted to it when you started raving Koshari...watched the race and saw Flouer schooling round on the bridal...

Back