Cheltenham Handicaps

Well if he gets in at the bottom of the weights it will be hard to see how he can be 20/1. On his last run he chased a sucidal pace and paid for it.

Last edited:
The Shunter #33

The vibes seem to be he came out of Kelso like the hard race it looked. Will be some blow if he's not ready to run when he'll be thrown in off bottom weight.

The Shunters chase mark looks far more exploitable to me, I'd be expecting him to run in the 2m4f H'cap on the Thursday if he runs at the festival.

The Shunters chase mark looks far more exploitable to me, I'd be expecting him to run in the 2m4f H'cap on the Thursday if he runs at the festival.

No. Coral Cup was the plan. 0% he runs Thursday. If the horse needs time they'll run Friday in the county.

I've gone from excitement to despondency.
Willie has ten in the coral cup and took out the one I thought might win.at least koshari is still in it.last night I watched a replay of that race and decided maze runner was the one.shows how much I know.at least I got my money back.

Aye Right has an obvious chance but is weighted as a result. He’ll be a good horse to win off 154.

That’s only a pound shy of UTPT’s second win in the race.

Farouk D'alene out of Cheltenham ( entry in Martin Pipe)
That Naas novice where he jumped to the right continually - Fakiera, Champagne Gold and Fire Attack all come from it, all entered wherever next week and the latter is interesting in the MP if he lines up. This season he's either been held up in slowly run races or asked to chase that daft pace in the Moscow Flyer. Mid div in a strongly run race ideal for him.

Last edited:
Need to start looking at the Kim Muir form again. Need a 10/1 plus winner now minimum. Fred was a certainty :ninja:

Anyone know if Eskylane is out? Christ, only had a little snooze, wake up and they’re all dropping like flies

Martin Brassil's stable in right form this past week so his handicap runners worth a second look, You Raised Me Up in Coral Cup.
D K Weld's Coltor being smashed up for Boodles Hurdle, price has halved according to Laddies.

Martin Brassil's stable in right form this past week so his handicap runners worth a second look, You Raised Me Up in Coral Cup.
D K Weld's Coltor being smashed up for Boodles Hurdle, price has halved according to Laddies.

Good luck, Edgt.

I feel anything in the top ten in the betting could be potential winners in the boodles, or miles ahead of their respective marks. I was on Coltor the last day I remember. I've nailed my colours to Zoffenien now. It does look very open though. Interesting race.

Last edited:
I've just 'done' the Coral Cup and Grand Annual.

I'll need to have another look at the latter race. At the moment, setting the bar just slightly high, I'm still getting a 'short' list of 12, ranging at current best odds from 7/1 to 33s. I expect some of them to be 50-66s on the day so I'm happy to hold off on them. Ideally, I'd like to try and keep bets in the race to five max.

Setting the bar a bit higher (cos I think that's how it will work out) in the Coral Cup gives me a fairly strong-looking short list of 4, all of which are 33-50s, which really did surprise me. I might even combine them for the trifecta at those prices! A couple are a bit left-field but nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Again, I see no reason for them to shorten up before the race but I'll keep an eye out for them just in case a gamble starts as I don't want to be the punting equivalent of Mad Moose.

Last edited:
Boodles

Take the plot job theory out of the equation and the fact that he has only had one run in the UK.

But how can Hous Gris be 5/1 best price for the boodles finishing 23 lengths behind Adagio lto and Historic Heart be 33/1 having finished 4 lengths behind the same horse giving away 3lbs...

Edit: Think I’m down to 3. Main fancy would be Rivière D’etel supported by a saver on Historic Heart but quite like Busselton as well

Last edited:

Coltor is a disgrace of a price. Weld (the worst punter in the world to ever hold a trainers licence) and the owner have backed it and everyone is tagging along with them. That will be ran over.

Last edited:
Boodles

Take the plot job theory out of the equation and the fact that he has only had one run in the UK.

But how can Hous Gris be 5/1 best price for the boodles finishing 23 lengths behind Adagio lto and Historic Heart be 33/1 having finished 4 lengths behind the same horse giving away 3lbs...

Edit: Think I’m down to 3. Main fancy would be Rivière D’etel supported by a saver on Historic Heart but quite like Busselton as well

With this, at Auteuil HG beat Homme Public by a neck off levels. In the Boodles, HP gets 2lbs and is 20/1. I must be missing Nicholls saying that Hous Gris is working like Kauto used to.

Back