Cheltenham Handicaps

Tizzard I don't mind, DJ. Power is usually a negative for me unless riding for Harrington, so I take those points but it was JJON Jr aboard the other day.

I didn't check back through his individual runs last season, Slim, so can't comment on those for now. However, he was a 152 [OR] hurdler so could easily have been expected to make up into a 160+ novice chaser. My figure for him the other day suggests he's there but he's off 149.

I haven't backed him yet so haven't done ma dough but right now I do want him onside.

The horse is very talented but he throws in some flat runs that I've yet to see any excuses for.

If they were going to cheat with EA the time to stop him was Sandown last year. He was on a mark tn win a big pot and ruined it in a Saturday handicap.

I'm not suggesting he's been plotted, though. I'm not convinced he's being trained for the GA. I think they still harboured hoped for the G1s.

I'm suggesting circumstances have dealt him a kind hand for the GA.

I'm not suggesting he's been plotted, though. I'm not convinced he's being trained for the GA. I think they still harboured hoped for the G1s.

I'm suggesting circumstances have dealt him a kind hand for the GA.

If Plotting is the game, then he's plotting the whole stable...Tizzard's can't buy a winner....

Escaria Ten given 147 in Ireland. You need to be a very optomistic person to believe the UK handicapper is going to make a fool of himself and not revise the 145.

Some of the others

Envoi Allen 163,Energumene 159,Monkfish 158,Franco De Port 156,Felix Desjy 155, Darver Star 155,Appreciate It 153, Latest Exhibition 153,Pencilfulloflead 151, Eklat De Rire 151,Bob Olinger 150, Captain Guiness 150, Andy Dufresne 149,Colreevy 148, Ballyadam 145

Last edited:
Escaria Ten given 147 in Ireland. You need to be a very optomistic person to believe the UK handicapper is going to make a fool of himself and not revise the 145.

The UK handicapper has now got to decide which decision make him look the bigger fool.

On balance leaving his mark below the Irish handicapper and watching him bolt up is worse than eatin humble pie now and moving him to 147.

I think he'll do the latter, and it may be wise to cash out.

The UK handicapper has now got to decide which decision make him look the bigger fool.

On balance leaving his mark below the Irish handicapper and watching him bolt up is worse than eatin humble pie now and moving him to 147.

I think he'll do the latter, and it may be wise to cash out.

The sight of it hacking up off 145 would be unforgivable in their game. He shits up in the Irish National off 147.

Last edited:

Things you love to see.

Absolutely no way they leave him on 145. Agree about the Irish National, can’t imagine he’ll be much of a price though

I know it was a Pertemps race but does that 3m hcap hurdle at Leopardstown this afternoon count as a qualifier for Cheltenham?

There are three more before Cheltenham

[TABLE="width: 247"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]14/02/2021[/TD]
[TD]Exeter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]20/02/2021[/TD]
[TD]Haydock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]25/02/2021[/TD]
[TD]Chepstow[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

No, I meant the Leopardstown race, DG.

My fault. I've notice my error in the original post.

Should read, "I know it wasn't a Pertemps race..."

Brain fart on my part.

Last edited:
No, I meant the Leopardstown race, DG.

Pertemps qualifiers

Date Venue
24/10/2020 Cheltenham
05/11/2020 Newbury (0-145)
07/11/2020 Aintree
09/11/2020 Kempton
19/11/2020 Market Rasen (0-145)
04/12/2020 Sandown
13/12/2020 Carlisle
26/12/2020 Wincanton
16/01/2021 Warwick
29/01/2021 Huntingdon
07/02/2021 Musselburgh
14/02/2021 Exeter
20/02/2021 Haydock
25/02/2021 Chepstow
18/03/2021 Cheltenham

I trawl through the races tonight tonight for Cheltenham. Without watching back, Wide Reciever Martin Pipe is still on.

Chosen Mate, but god knows what for.

Youmdor?

I trawl through the races tonight tonight for Cheltenham. Without watching back, Wide Reciever Martin Pipe is still on.

Chosen Mate, but god knows what for.

Youmdor?
A few I'm monitoring. Some quite obvious, some a bit more left field!

Saint Sam - Boodles
Destrier - Grand Annual
Gabynako - Martin Pipe
Coko Beach - Ultima

Back