Cheltenham Handicaps

Bet365 pushed Mister Coffey out to 33's for the county following the betfair. I've took some of that, was never put in the race yesterday at all which makes me think Hendo knew Soaring Glory was chucked in & save MC for another day.

Bet365 pushed Mister Coffey out to 33's for the county following the betfair. I've took some of that, was never put in the race yesterday at all which makes me think Hendo knew Soaring Glory was chucked in & save MC for another day.

Totally agree....

Yes, I was thinking about the race last night again. Did JP have anything in yesterday's race? Had he been told he would have been wasting his time?

Wish this thought had occurred to me before the race.

This is a reach. The horse just isn't that good.

Yes, I was thinking about the race last night again. Did JP have anything in yesterday's race? Had he been told he would have been wasting his time?

Wish this thought had occurred to me before the race.

JP has all chasers this year. He has no young hurdlers.

I agree with you but the one that won at the DRF? Drop the Anchor?

Maybe but the fact they'd need 1 horse to attempt to win two pots paints the picture. The handicaps JP will win at the festival will be chases.

Last edited:
Maybe but the fact they'd need 1 horse to attempt to win two pots paints the picture. The handicaps JP will win at the festival will be chases.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the Coral Cup again with Dame De Compagnie. There will also be a few of the hcap hurdlers that ran down the park at the DRF showing their true form in March.

And he could also win the Pertemps final with Champagne Platinum.

All on top of the chases :)

Coral Cup - Grand Roi 20/1
Martin Pipe - Wide Receiver 11/1 / Eskylane 25/1
Boodles - Glorious Zoff 33/1
Kim Muir - Run Wild Fred 8/1

Last edited:
Coral Cup - Grand Roi 20/1
Martin Pipe - Wide Receiver 11/1 / Eskylane 25/1
Boodles - Glorious Zoff 33/1
Kim Muir - Run Wild Fred 8/1

Im glad you’ve come round to the Fred idea after dismissing it at first.

Fred, Wide Receiver double pays me a lot of money. Unfortunately after Powers stinker of a ride on Wide Receiver, he may not even be rated high enough to get in.

Might not be Cheltenham, but first big pot handicap Darasso runs in, he’s carrying my money.

Im glad you’ve come round to the Fred idea after dismissing it at first.

Fred, Wide Receiver double pays me a lot of money. Unfortunately after Powers stinker of a ride on Wide Receiver, he may not even be rated high enough to get in.

Might not be Cheltenham, but first big pot handicap Darasso runs in, he’s carrying my money.

I bet Fred after the Thyestes and the Escaria Ten debacle at 12s. Case to be made he is still too big.

Last edited:
Is there a more overrated horse than Darasso. He's rated 154 and I feel like I'm hearing whispers about him for two years.

Is there a more overrated horse than Darasso. He's rated 154 and I feel like I'm hearing whispers about him for two years.

He possibly is, But the campaigning of him is mind boggling.

Convinced he’s being prepped for something, whether he’s good enough to win it though is a different question.

But on that mark what would you want to back him in? Strikes me a nothing horse. Too high for handicaps and not good enough to win meaningful graded races.

Saw on Twitter there the no. of entries for each H'cap race at the festival. Numbers very low based on recent years.

No doubt Slim is all over this already.

Do we get the List of horses entered for each race today and then the weights next week - or do we only see the list of horses once weights are published?

I thought we get the entries first. Today or tomorrow.

This is some carry on this. Come on Cheltenham.

Get those entries out.

If you can log into the BHA, later today, but anyone who publishes them before tomorrow's media release would be in their bad books.

Back