Cheltenham Longshots

If you think that the Champion Hurdle is a poor renewal this year, as I do, then one would look for an improver. I can't see a better improver than Clerk's Choice. Started the season rated I31, BHA wins at Cheltenham then is rated I65 and following 2 defeats is rated 159. Those defefeats were on good to soft, this is a horse that win son G/F. Depending on the going tomorrow, he could be another Make a Stand. It is noticeable that he faded in the final furlong LTO at Cheltenham in a 17f race. Good ground 16f and the horse has a place chance at least. At current prices worth a punt with a tenner or two.

You nicking my gags. I want full credit if clerks choice wins he was my puck about 2 months ago and still is now. Like you said the quicker the ground and the faster they go the more he may shock.

I have no problem giving you your dues although Gearoid and I were also debating CC some months back. But as to giving credit it is against my nature as a former banker.

Not a recommendation but sometime ago and after discussion with along term forum adviser I put on an AP trixie Clerk's Choice, Weird Al, and Captain Ceebee. Later I added Raise the Beat to the list and had a yankee. I had given up on Weird Al but the price he is now is some way below the prices I got on those and on Betfair. Whilst I would be amazed if WA won the earlier success of the other 3 would generate a serious in running play

I've had no bet on the Champion Hurdke but I have to have a bet e/w on Clerks Choice at 66/1 tomorrow. My ante post e/w Lucky 31 amazingly has 5 runners going to post - Clerks Choice (CH) Captain Cee Bee (CC) Sam Winner (Triumph) Time For Rupert (RSA) Weird Al (Gold Cup).

Last edited:
Back