Coral Eclipse Stakes

i wasn't sure it was that truly run..they ignored the pacemakers..I thought the stayers had it all to do due to being too far off the main body of the main racing group.

RVW did amazingly well for a dog pulling several lengths clear of a Breeders Cup winner .

STS just was dossing in front - RVW tried his best but was just nowhere near good enough and STS picked up again.

King George would be brilliant.

Last edited:
just look at todays race though it looked like he came to win..STS found more..not RVW not finding..I would like to see RVW again over 10

you may be right..50/50 imo :)

Last edited:
Anyone else really surprised by how Conduit was ridden? Thought he would have been much more aggressively ridden.

Regardless...it was an odd ride.

I would agree..surely they should have been between STS and the pacemakers..not sitting off the main body..I'll do some sectionals comapred to the later 10f handicap later..it will be interesting to see just how fast all bar the pacemakers went...the stayers looked to be held up off just a medium main body pace

If Rip Van Winkle could run in a straight line, or Jimmy Fortune could correct him quicker, I thought he might have given him a bit more of a race. Two very good colts though.

Sea the Stars would have won regardless but Rip van Winkle seemed to get hit with Mick Kinane's whip before he went off his line.

Sea the Stars would have won regardless but Rip van Winkle seemed to get hit with Mick Kinane's whip before he went off his line.

It appeared to me to be the other way round he was at full tilt and lugged in not sure he was actually hit on the nose .

I don't think RVW needs a belt on the nose to run off a straight line. Runs around under pressure and a high head carraige....not to be trusted. Compared to the winner who looks bomb proof.

I don't think RVW needs a belt on the nose to run off a straight line. Runs around under pressure and a high head carraige....not to be trusted. Compared to the winner who looks bomb proof.

Interesting to hear Moore then , shuffled back at bit further than they wanted but thought he was coming to mow them down and the winner took off again .

Rip Van Winkle came back at Sea The Stars who was out in front like is this all you can give? but the horse found extra when RVW challenged and was just toying with Ballydoyle to be honest, would of beat it with another 4 furlongs to go.

So you'd like to see him go to York for a proper test yeah?

I thought you wanted to see him over 12f again ? If he goes to Ascot lets see Fame and Glory turn up . If it is wet at York we won't see STS at all .

Last edited:
I thought you wanted to see him over 12f again ? If he goes to Ascot lets see Fame and Glory turn up .

Fame And Glory is on his break in preparation for the Arc. I doubt we will ever see the top Ballydoyle three year old take in the King George again.

I think we need to see Rip Van Winkle in a 10f race without the mighty STS to know whether or not we can trust him to give his best. Not much chance of that happening in Britain or Ireland this summer it would appear. I think AOB should send him to the US to have a chance for his day in the sun in the Secretariat Stakes because he has little chance of ever besting STS.

By the way, does anyone else think RVW shies away from the whip? He seemed to go straight enough before the whip was applied.

Some horse - SEA THE STARS. As they say, we're lucky to have him.

Fame And Glory is on his break in preparation for the Arc. I doubt we will ever see the top Ballydoyle three year old take in the King George again.

No doubt as they know STS will stuff him on fast ground at any distance :p - they have to wait to autumn and pray for rain

Back