Coral Eclipse Stakes

they have had heavy rain this morning..depending on just how fast it dries up there..the going could be... Good/Soft now.

Fanjura's time yesterday was the only time that pointed to slightly faster than middle Good..but the first 3 home ran way better than the rest of the field so that could be misleading...all the other times pointed to ground that wouldn't take much to make it Good Soft.

Even the straight course wasn't faster than Good..a check against the Course record alone shows that..bit basic but an indicator all the same..cse record held by Palacegate Touch when winning a claimer...58.82...Canadian Danehills race yesterday..a better race than that ...was run in 61.42...over 5f thats slow enough to point to Good ground again

they have had heavy rain this morning..depending on just how fast it dries up there..the going could be... Good/Soft now.

I don't think it rained that much....RUK reporting it probably has not made that much of a difference.

got it

straight course is faster than yesterday..the going there is approx 5 lb per mile faster than middle Good

the ground on the round can't be slower than yesterday so it should also be Good ground..maybe a touch faster

The 3 year olds are better than I thought they were. RVW looks a 125+ horse and was flattered to get as close as he did, everything was set up for him.

If Rip Van Winkle could run in a straight line, or Jimmy Fortune could correct him quicker, I thought he might have given him a bit more of a race. Two very good colts though.

If Rip Van Winkle could run in a straight line, or Jimmy Fortune could correct him quicker, I thought he might have given him a bit more of a race. Two very good colts though.

I thought he gave him plenty to think (he did not win easy or toyed with the opposition as some are saying) about today....but the winner has the better attitude. Sets the rest of the season up nicely.

Last edited:
Toyed with RVW - pure class....:)

Absolutely - dossing in front as ever . RVW shaken off imperiously though a terrific run from him in defeat. As Gal has pointed out though very much shows the 4 year olds are going to struggle this year . Race was perfectly run for Conduit and Cima de Triomphe but they were utterly outpaced in the final two furlongs

Back