Coral Eclipse

Originally posted by Euronymous+Jun 26 2008, 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Jun 26 2008, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rorydelargy@Jun 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Older fillies are such a difficult business ~ easier to keep a G3 class filly in training at 4 to hope she wins a G2 or G1 than try to keep a top class filly sweet when all they want to do is make babies!
I accept that, but we`ve had plenty of top class fillies kept in training over the last few years who have done the business so to speak, it`s just that for me Ballydoyle`s strike rate in that sphere is very poor in comparison to say Gosden or Stoute. [/b][/quote]
He also can't train sprinters, but it merely highlights how good he is at what he does well.

Mount Nelson 3-1 fav :eek: reminds me of US Ranger price in Golden Jubilee

More to do with connections, than what it's achieved on racecourse

God I hope he comes over that would be heaven.... I have a press pass :eek:
I long to see him in the flesh, I really have been captivated by this horse

PS It's up on the RP website that he definitely will NOT be running in the Eclipse :what: :(

Thank God for that.

He's got a month to get better for the King George. Hopefully that'll be the aim now.

Hmmm maybe this is just an ideal time to give him a break and then bring him back for the Irish Champion and Arc.

Agreed, and I'm sure that's what the thinking was, to back off for now and get him fully sound and fit again.

Reading that piece in the RP, the horse has not responded to the treatment suggesting very much it is not a stone bruise as first suspected. Further tests this week including x-rays etc...lets home this is not the last we see of the horse.

Pretty ironic that the horse will miss the Derby he was being aimed at but ran in the one the trainer seemed to be avoiding!

5 day stage:

Campanologist (USA) 3.c
Hattan (IRE) 6.h
King of Rome (IRE) 3.c
Literato (FR) 4.c
Maraahel (IRE) 7.h
Mount Nelson 4.c
Multidimensional (IRE) 5.h
Phoenix Tower (USA) 4.c
Pipedreamer 4.c
Plan (USA) 3.c
Rob Roy (USA) 6.h
Stotsfold 5.g

Corals prices. If I knew for sure Plan was a runner, a 100/1 him over 7/2 Mount Nelson any day. Phoenix Tower looks the winner.

Mount Nelson 7/2

Phoenix Tower 4/1

Multidimensional 4/1

Pipedreamer 11/2

Literato 7/1

Maraahel 10/1

Rob Roy 14/1

Stotsfold 20/1

Hattan 40/1

Plan 100/1

this will be demoted to G2 status.

No chance of that and anyway, they've had good fields for the last few years; Authorized, George Washington and Notnowcato, David Junior and Ouija Board, Oratorio and Motivator etc.

What a brutal Eclipse.

Sandown need to get their sh!t together, or this will be demoted to G2 status.

At least it should be demoted.

What a pile of crap

There has hardly been a problem with the field the last couple of years has there?

The Eclipse is a race that has been killed by 2 reasons:

the upgrade of the Prince Of Wales (one of the best races in the world nowdays)
and the decline of the King George VI.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 30 2008, 11:56 AM
Corals prices. If I knew for sure Plan was a runner, a 100/1 him over 7/2 Mount Nelson any day.
For God's sake, man, pull your finger out. Corals are non-runner no-bet with no Rule 4 deductions and a quarter the odds 1-2-3. The 100/1 is still available.

Originally posted by sunybay@Jun 30 2008, 01:22 PM
The Eclipse is a race that has been killed by 2 reasons:

the upgrade of the Prince Of Wales (one of the best races in the world nowdays)
and the decline of the King George VI.
You might add the decison to run the prix jockey club at 10F's too, although I'm not convinced it has a massive deterent effect, but could persuade a few erstwhile 3yo's to route Chantily?

I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with the Eclipse. See Gareth's reference of recent renewals, which have been very strong.

This year there just doesn't seem to be any high quality (Duke of Marmalade aside) in the 1m2 division among the older horses.

It's most likely just a cyclical thing.

And, re the Prince of Wales factor, I don't think so - most horses can run in both, and it seems natural to do so.

Also, Galileo - agree about Plan. Backed him yesterday and pleased to see him stay on very strongly.

IF he runs on his own merits, he has a decent chance of being placed at least, as this is no more than a Group 3.

Originally posted by gus+Jun 30 2008, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gus @ Jun 30 2008, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Jun 30 2008, 11:56 AM
Corals prices. If I knew for sure Plan was a runner, a 100/1 him over 7/2 Mount Nelson any day.
For God's sake, man, pull your finger out. Corals are non-runner no-bet with no Rule 4 deductions and a quarter the odds 1-2-3. The 100/1 is still available. [/b][/quote]
:D Well said Gus!!!

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@Jun 30 2008, 05:57 PM
I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with the Eclipse. See Gareth's reference of recent renewals, which have been very strong.

This year there just doesn't seem to be any high quality (Duke of Marmalade aside) in the 1m2 division among the older horses.
Duke of Marmalade, Ramonti, Sageburg, Finsceal Beo and Haradasun should all be going for this. Feck knows what Godolphin have done with Ramonti.

Back