Coral Eclipse

Workforce was 4/5 lb better than Rewilding. Are we in danger of failing to give him due credit for an improved performance? The first 2 were well clear at Ascot after all. If anything, So You Think proved at Ascot he's as good as he had been rated previously.

He may have the edge at 10f on drying ground, but I'd rather back Workforce at the prices and have done so, because in terms of ability and achievement at their best, there's nothing between them.

Achievement?!!

Workforce won arguably the 2 most important Turf middle distance races in the world.

So you think has won nothing of great prestige (on a world wide scale) and has yet to beat a top horse.

How good was that Arc last year?

Nakayama Festa can go suck my flute if he thinks he is top brass. Beaten by Duncan in the previous race, beaten on home turf next time out.

Sarafina was nearly brought down.

Bekhabad was hampered, and probably isn't all that anyway.

Two mile 4furlong horse in fifth. Never heard of the horse who came sixth.

Apart from his Derby, which doesn't read right.......he doesn't do it for me.

No thanks.

To be fair to AOB he did admit that he forgot the horse was in the stable and hadnt galloped him since he had arrived.

Horse was wandering around Ballydoyle looking for the barbie and some tinnies by all accounts

I think its a pretty fair bet that any arc at any time in any conditions with any runners is a lot stronger race than an aussie middle distance group one.

How many of those aussie middle distance beasts have won anything of significance outside oz? I had a brief scan but i couldnt see anything. Its not a division where they have had much strength at all from what i can see

1L ahead of Poet? If that's what floats your boat, good luck to you.

This is grossly unfair Barry. That was a very solid performance. People were saying he was vulnerable before the race and he clobbered them. Only Poet could go with him and he ran the race of his life. The rest (good horses) were nowhere. For a horse that was not wound up he did very well. He’ll come on a ton for that.

I couldn’t resist the 2s in the end and have also backed Snow Fairy at 8s. I’m feeling fairly confident as I’ve got a Derby/Arc winner and a Oaks/HK Cup winner running for me against a horse that was placed in the Melbourne Cup and beaten by Rewilding at Royal Ascot.

Last edited:
With a penalty Bar and they were well clear.

I'm not Workforce's biggest fan but I did think his reappearance run was top class and has made me think but his form last year is not as good as it looks imo.

Out of the Derby Rewilding is the only one who has done anything and on the day Frankie was asleep and gave him way to much to do. The Arc field, imho, was also pretty average and the two Aga Khan horses got a nightmare run (Workforce, as in the Derby got all the splits he needed). I think this years Arc will confirm that.

Whilst I think Workforce is a very good horse I don't think he's a special horse. Question is therefore, is SYT a special horse? So, far i'd say he's a very good horse much like Workforce. Given all that I don't think there's much between them, and despite my concerns, at the prices Workforce looks the better bet.

Fair enough. I was being smart alecky. That was a very good performance.

I guess I agree with almost all of what Aragorn says, but I believe that So You Think is a superstar. He looked it in Australia, he looked it at the start of the year. The market says he is. He got a shite ride at Ascot.

I am going to put my forum reputation on this one. He will smash them to pieces tomorrow.

Workforce is a highly talented colt that flopped notably in the KG. His level of form is superior to SYT who is a much more exposed horse. In order to smash them up SYT needs to improve half a stone. I don't know where he's going to find that from given his exposure.

Last edited:
I don't remember him being unfit in his first couple of runs.

O'Brien is claiming that he wasn't fit because he did nothing between the Tattersalls Gold Cup and Ascot.

"I will take responsibility for this personally. After he won his first two races so easily I had gone easy on him"

There's a difference.

The difference is that on the basis of that comment you have to take 4/5. See the light Barry and take the 7/4.

I don't remember him being unfit in his first couple of runs.

O'Brien is claiming that he wasn't fit because he did nothing between the Tattersalls Gold Cup and Ascot.

There's a difference.

It came out before the Prince of Wales that SYT apparently did a 'wonder' gallop. How is that possible if he wasn't fit? There was nothing wrong with that horse..

Even if SYT may have a fractional theorectical edge at trip and going (and I'm not totally convinced he does) at the odds he has to be taken on.

It came out before the Prince of Wales that SYT apparently did a 'wonder' gallop. How is that possible if he wasn't fit? There was nothing wrong with that horse..

I agree.... They wouldn't have backed him into 4/11 otherwise....

Imo they went too early and either he is not as good as they thought or Rewilding is much better than everyone thinks. I think its possibly a combination of the two. I'm a big fan of the Godolphin horse.

I agree.... They wouldn't have backed him into 4/11 otherwise....

Imo they went too early and either he is not as good as they thought or Rewilding is much better than everyone thinks. I think its possibly a combination of the two. I'm a big fan of the Godolphin horse.

So am I, and I am the most blinded person on here with horses I like. But, even I am very clear on who would win between Rewilding and Workforce over 10 furlongs..

Back