Curragh

Harbinger

At the Start
How's the ground looking at the moment? Usually pretty bottomless at this meeting; has the decent weather in the last few days affected it much?

Ground still officially soft but expect it to ride better than that come Sunday. Best ground you could hope for this time of year.

Has to be nearer yielding given the current spell of nice weather we've had.

Looks a weak enough card tbh, but I'm just glad to have the Flat back!

Interesting to note that not a single AP O'Brien entry to be found.

O' Brien's horses will arrive after the last race.

Some nicely bred newcomers in the last race including a full brother to Refuse To Bend.

I've spent longer looking at the form for the first race than I did for 99% of races through the winter!

Gone for a Lucky15 today gents,

Rock And Roll Kid
Croi Mo Ri
Mr Topaz
Mad About You

Any bets from you guys?

Sharp two year old that...yard always have their horses looking the part. Grassicks horse is one to take out for the next day.

After timing would be to say that I backed the winner of the first and the Bolger horse to place in the second. No bet in the handicap.

Welcome back flat racing!

Word from the Curragh today is that Cluain Alainn is a very, very nice horse. Expected to win today and run a big race in the Derby. I had a few quid @ 66/1 EW for the Derby (Betfred restricted me to €13EW
icon_eek.gif
)

Word from the Curragh today is that Cluain Alainn is a very, very nice horse. Expected to win today and run a big race in the Derby. I had a few quid @ 66/1 EW for the Derby (Betfred restricted me to €13EW
icon_eek.gif
)

It looks a good maiden. The joys of living near the Curragh is I am going to head to the racecourse shortly to see that one race and the gallops afterwards.

icon_eek.gif
)

Is he entered at Epsom?

Rough race just there. Rock and Roll Kid travelled really well and had to barge his way through before only staying on for fourth.

Back