Curragh

To be fair, she travelled just as well last time out and found nothing. Easy to put down to fitness now.

Wouldn't be getting carried away with the form of the Gladness. Dohasa has run a cracking race on ground which would have been against him, whilst the Oxx horse ran as if the trip was on the sharp side. Jumbajukiba wasn't able to dominate as he has so often when making all in the past and I always felt he was going a shade quicker than Fran Berry would have ideally liked. That said, Mad About You travelled like the best horse in the race and was well on top at the finish. Will be interesting how she fares in the top-class fillies contests throughout year; personally, I'm yet to be totally convinced she's genuine Group 1 class.

Fergus McIvor looks a decent prospect BTW, Colin. Travelled well into the straight and picked up nicely despie looking a touch green (carried his head a shade high). Difficult to gauge the strength of the maiden, but the first two home both look decent sorts to me.

Whatever about his name, his pedigree suggests he has every right to thrive over further (and there is no reason to think otherwise) as well as hold his own in much higher company.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be getting carried away with the form of the Gladness. Dohasa has run a cracking race on ground which would have been against him, whilst the Oxx horse ran as if the trip was on the sharp side. Jumbajukiba wasn't able to dominate as she has so often when making all in the past and I always felt she was going a shade quicker than Fran Berry would have ideally liked. That said, Mad About You travelled like the best horse in the race and was well on top at the finish. Will be interesting how she fares in the top-class fillies contests throughout year; personally, I'm yet to be totally convinced she's genuine Group 1 class.

Fergus McIvor looks a decent prospect BTW, Colin. Travelled well into the straight and picked up nicely despie looking a touch green (carried his head a shade high). Difficult to gauge the strength of the maiden, but the first two home both look decent sorts to me.

Whatever about his name, his pedigree suggests he has every right to thrive over further (and there is no reason to think otherwise) as well as hold his own in much higher company.

Top post Trackside, I would like to add to this but you've coverd everything and Fergus was availble at around 12.5 on Betfair considering the stables form and the horses pedigree I couldn't help but treat myself.

Regarding Mad About You, I have had a quick look at the times and she has recorded something pretty decent what do you think?

Thank you for the video, Galileo.

I noticed that Chief Lone Eagle, who won a good maiden at the back end of last season, wasn't there. Do you have any news of this horse? I was looking forward to his 3 year old season (half brother to Virginia Waters I think).

Runs tomorrow against Vocalised and co at The Curragh.

Thanks for pointing that out, Galileo. I've had a look at tomorrow's (very interesting) card.

Was surprised to see Vocalised in the Tetrarch - thought he would go with Intense Focus to the Poulains - maybe he will anyway? I hope Chief Lone Eagle goes well here and will be aimed at the Irish 2000.

Famous Name and Curtain Call reappear in the G3 Mooresbridge against the in-form Kargali. It would do my TTF entry a world of good if FN won here and went on to triumph in the Tattersalls. (Wishful thinking.)

Also looking forward to the Oratorio colt Beethoven in the maiden race (I think it's the one Mastercraftsman won last year).

Alfred Noble runs in the maiden, not Beethoven. Will be interesting to see how Chief Lone Eagle gets on.

Vocalised is going for the Irish Guineas; Intense Focus goes to Longchamp.

At least that was the plan last I read :D

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. For someone who is correcting spelling - it's of course Air Chief Marshal - looked very smart today. Perhaps just a tad early to talk about Coventry favourite though.

Vocalised is going for the Irish Guineas; Intense Focus goes to Longchamp.

At least that was the plan last I read :D

:confused: I just can't keep up! I'm sure Vocalised was going for the French after the Greenham?

If he's 6/4 tomorrow, it's buying money to be honest.

Decent card at the Curragh tomorrow, too tired to go through it in much depth after my weekend at HQ but Mad About You looks as good a cert as you'll see although Emily Blake interests me at a price. Also hoping Kargali will be some value against Famous Name and Curtain Call with the form Oxx is in.

Back