Curragh

Thanks for posting Gal, really enjoyed watching this.

Maybe Yeats will be more likely to behave if handler can offer a mare to him! :) That did not look like Davy Hickey leading him round or am I imagining things?

People were running around, and swapping horses etc when one lot would come back etc...so might not have been.

Having seen the gallops on ATR this morning, it's hard to justify the market move for Black Bear Island on that evidence, despite the fact he travelled best in his group. Of course the bookmakers will latch on to anything.

Having seen the gallops on ATR this morning, it's hard to justify the market move for Black Bear Island on that evidence, despite the fact he travelled best in his group. Of course the bookmakers will latch on to anything.

Grasping at straws...the way most of the horses travelled through the race suggest the Ballydoyle string are even further behind than usual.

Thanks Galileo for the video and info. I enjoyed it.

It would be folly to make any assumptions, betting wise, based on those gallops.

It was just a day out for the horses.

Thank you for the video, Galileo.

I noticed that Chief Lone Eagle, who won a good maiden at the back end of last season, wasn't there. Do you have any news of this horse? I was looking forward to his 3 year old season (half brother to Virginia Waters I think).

Thank you for the video, Galileo.

I noticed that Chief Lone Eagle, who won a good maiden at the back end of last season, wasn't there. Do you have any news of this horse? I was looking forward to his 3 year old season (half brother to Virginia Waters I think).

Hi Nefertiti, welcome to the forum. I noticed that myself, will try and find out what the story is.

Just bringing this thread to the fore again.

Thanks, Galileo, for the welcome. Have you heard any news of Chief Lone Eagle yet? If he didn't work with the Ballydoyle two year olds at the racecourse yesterday, something must be amiss.

Thanks, Galileo, for the welcome. Have you heard any news of Chief Lone Eagle yet? If he didn't work with the Ballydoyle two year olds at the racecourse yesterday, something must be amiss.

I do not know if he worked after racing, but expect him to be entered up in a few races shortly enough. Definitely in full training.

Last edited:

Entered on Sunday at The Curragh.

Thanks, Galileo. Sunday's is another interesting early season card in Ireland.

Chief Lone Eagle's race looks very competitive - hope he runs well. I assume if Westphalia runs he'll be Ballydoyle's No. 1.

Also noticed that Famous Name is entered in the listed 10f race. He should readily account for these if Dermot Weld sends him out this early. Where would he go next? The Ganay? Lockinge? Tattersalls Gold Cup? I'm hoping for big things from this horse.

Would be inclined to take on Mad About You in the Gladness; 7f looks to be on the sharp side for her. Jumbajukiba has a smashing record at 7-8f at the Curragh (4111211; 11 over 7f alone), goes on any ground and won this last year with the same penalty in what was arguably better company.

In the Alleged, Fiery Lad has been mixing it in very good company out in Dubai and, along with the likely fitness advantage that will bring, might be able to win despite his penalty. Dangers are She's Our Mark (who has a worrying 9 second places to her name) and Poet (still relatively unexposed; who knows what's expected of him here).

Gareth I agree with you about Jumbajukiba a proper good horse but theres one in here that interests me and its Noesda's Express Wish, I don't think this will be too far out the frame today.

The softer the better for jumbajukiba, I don't think he can win today on goodish ground.
It has to be mad about you with Kargali hopefully showing some of his early promise.

Last edited:
Having a few bets today here, fancy these

2.15 Stand & Fight
2.45 Gluteus Maximus
3.45 Kargali
4.15 Celtic Dane
4.45 Final Approach

left the other races out as they look way too easy to solve
sigs-cartoon-013.gif

Stand & Fight has been the talking horse this morning...meant to be a very smart/fast sort and Prendergast will have him ready for this and should be tough to beat.

Gluteus Maximus had a stone bruise yesterday so that is not a good prep. I think Vocalised is a fascinating horse and is a potential top notcher...disappointed if he does not win this well.

Could not trust Mad About You even with the blinkers back on and the yard's win record at the course is frightening. I think Duff is the interesting runner....really impressed with him on the all weather towards the back of last year and think he is the value.

Poet should be up to landing the Alleged Stakes, looks a weak enough renewal and a reproduction of his effort behind Famous Name should see him land this and he is probably capable of improving again.

The softer the better for jumbajukiba, I don't think he can win today on goodish ground.

I think he'll run his race on this ground; the advantage of softer ground being that it usually inconveniences his opponents. I would prefer if the Good/Yielding description was closer to Yielding, though - by the looks of the round course description it's on the other side.

It has to be mad about you with Kargali hopefully showing some of his early promise.

The last thing I expected after her previous run was that they'd drop Mad About You in trip. Honestly think she'd be better off in the Alleged today - her Pretty Polly run is still clearly her best form to me. Kargali could well be anything still.

Certainly changed since Friday but not sure when. There was plenty of rain on Friday and Friday night...dry since.

Could see Vocalised running for Godolphin in time.

He might be a better horse on the dirt. Lots of options for him.

Forum members who met me at Navan will not be surprised to know that I was plunging on Stand And Fight this morning @ 9/4 - SP 9/10. Be thankfull I forgot to post on here!

Back