Daily Picks Comments

Marble, Tanlic is a lunatic and has left, joined and been thrown off/let back in to loads of forums!! He'd probably just had a fall out on TRF and decided to post here for a while. I like him but he can become a complete pain. Grassy and a few others will vouch for me on the subject of the fist.

I'm gonna hold my hand up here and say I was the first person to question Gigilo and there's part of me that still thinks the mechanics of this approach mean that making money on the trading side is not quite as easy as it appears. Gigilo also said originally that this wasn't about backing winners but about trades so without a P&L and confirmation of amounts etc I found this difficult to follow and therefore advocate. Gigilo also benefits nicely from people following him in on BF and forcing down the trade position. I still stand by some of those reservations.

However, despite my reservations I think a) he doesn't have to give out his tips, which he clearly puts a lot of effort into and deserves some reward for as they are apparently hitting the mark more often than not b) i've got a lot of respect for his general nous and ability to spot market anomalies c) it's a great thread to have on the board because it does generate debate and clearly for some makes them a few quid. Personally i'm not interested in backing other peoples selections as this is one of my hobbies and the process of picking horses is the best bit!!!! But each to their own.

And my final point - despite the fact that he can be a smart arse know it all at times (Sorry Slim), I actually thought Slim was a supporter of this thread and most of his comments are trying to understand why gigilo takes certain positions and what some people are taking as attacks I thought were constructive. In fact i'm pretty sure he's had a pop at me for having a pop at Gigilo before.

Either way this whole thing should have been conducted on another thread rather than fecking this one up.

Now Gigilo - that phone number you promised me........

quagmirebigarm1.jpg

Marble, Tanlic is a lunatic and has left, joined and been thrown off/let back in to loads of forums!! He'd probably just had a fall out on TRF and decided to post here for a while. I like him but he can become a complete pain. Grassy and a few others will vouch for me on the subject of the fist.

I'm gonna hold my hand up here and say I was the first person to question Gigilo and there's part of me that still thinks the mechanics of this approach mean that making money on the trading side is not quite as easy as it appears. Gigilo also said originally that this wasn't about backing winners but about trades so without a P&L and confirmation of amounts etc I found this difficult to follow and therefore advocate. Gigilo also benefits nicely from people following him in on BF and forcing down the trade position. I still stand by some of those reservations.

However, despite my reservations I think a) he doesn't have to give out his tips, which he clearly puts a lot of effort into and deserves some reward for as they are apparently hitting the mark more often than not b) i've got a lot of respect for his general nous and ability to spot market anomalies c) it's a great thread to have on the board because it does generate debate and clearly for some makes them a few quid. Personally i'm not interested in backing other peoples selections as this is one of my hobbies and the process of picking horses is the best bit!!!! But each to their own.

And my final point - despite the fact that he can be a smart arse know it all at times (Sorry Slim), I actually thought Slim was a supporter of this thread and most of his comments are trying to understand why gigilo takes certain positions and what some people are taking as attacks I thought were constructive. In fact i'm pretty sure he's had a pop at me for having a pop at Gigilo before.

Either way this whole thing should have been conducted on another thread rather than fecking this one up.

Now Gigilo - that phone number you promised me........

A sensible post Aragorn.

Is Aragorn in the clique...?:blink:

God knows.

Could a moderator possibly transfer the last 6 pages of this thread (or where it fell to pieces) to a separate thread? File it under "Daily Picks Comments" thread.

Last edited:
Are you by any chance the same Andy who used the moniker "pro punter" on the BOTB racing site several years back and did a season long detailed daily log of his bets.
Big advocate of speed figures and a good knowledge of French racing.

No i'm not fella,never been on an open forum before.

I think slims posts speak for themselves its called being a bad loser,wether on my picks or his own i don't really care,one thing i cannot abide off anyone and thats trying to blame anyone else but themselves.And for the back tracking saying it's banter etc,everyone can look back at the posts and see,this happens on every forum i go on like clockwork strange coincidence eh!!

Gigilo, I am confused

Private forums with limited numbers mainly owners,same old thing info about odds on shots and doing their balls!!:blink:

Marble, Tanlic is a lunatic and has left, joined and been thrown off/let back in to loads of forums!!

I've had plenty of interactions with him on the Private Message facility. Don't know him personally but seemed perfectly reasonable to me. He had a few bust ups with people didn't he, but you often do if your passion overrides your logic on these forums. I wouldn't know him from Adam on the steet, but isn't 'lunatic' a bit harsh?

Maybe Grasshopper could substantiate this then if he is the man in the know?

Last edited:
Marble, Tanlic is a lunatic and has left, joined and been thrown off/let back in to loads of forums!!QUOTE]

I've had plenty of interactions with him on the Private Message facility. Don't know him personally but seemed perfectly reasonable to me. He had a few bust ups with people didn't he, but you often do if your passion overrides your logic on these forums. I wouldn't know him from Adam on the steet, but isn't 'lunatic' a bit harsh?

Maybe Grasshopper could substantiate this then if he is the man in the know?

Tanlic/Fist/George is ok by me, for all he's had his moments. Like most people, you need to know how to take him, and that's the problem with forums generally, in that we don't always know how to interpret the written word, which leads to the silliness that has happened on this thread. It really is a non-issue as far as I can see, fuelled largely by misunderstanding. Pity.

Back