Daily picks.

Looks to be plenty of pace from the lows camache queen won the race from the one draw last season and oneladyowners drawn 2,most of the field look pretty exposed the favourite cheworee isn't guaranteed to get the trip over this 6fs on this ground.Oneladyowner is starting to look well handicapped and although he hasn't had many winners lately david brown i like following his sprinters,damika ran well today no headgear and the trip to short at wolves.

He's run over the 6fs 13 times already won 3,last win was off 81 last august race was full of mid 80 90 horses better race than tomorrows,followed that up with a third to tagula night off 85 hasn't shown a great deal this seasson but did run second in again a better race at goodwood when second to chilli green.Last two runs has enabled him to drop in cklass slightly and is off lowest mark since the win last year!!!

Last edited:
I can see why you've backed cumber place stew certainly looks like shortening,very little form to go on probably be a nice trade at worst with lee on it.If there's a good angle with his rides they all seem to get backed something i will be using a lot as long as he keeps riding winners,gl with it anyway.

Thanks for looking Andy, all its wins have come in Sept/Oct, 2 C/D wins and a sh/hd 2nd, loves it soft, surely has to go close 7/2 now.

Looks way overpriced and even though raised in class can't see hiom going off 20/1 especially as the going at ascot is currently gd/sft 10mm expected friday and further 7mm on saturday,it looks like its going to be verging on heavy ground.

A 2l second to bonnie brae looks better than handicapper on soft ground at newmarket looks rock solid form had captain ramius behind the favourite on saturday and also jamsie and is better in at the weights with captain ramius this is another step up in class but when the ground looks desperate he looks a differrent horse.Even when 11th of 30 at ascot when ground was totally against him was still running on and with ? against some of the runners on what hopefully will be desperate ground.I would be amazed if he went off 20/1 on the fcast ground and with four books going 20/1 looks a decent trade,regardless of result hopefully will go off around the 10/1 mark if all the rain materializes.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on All right now in the 5.30 giggs, could hack up from this mark but must have had a problem to run so bad last time, been off since and DHJ yard has been right out of form.:confused:

What are your thoughts on All right now in the 5.30 giggs, could hack up from this mark but must have had a problem to run so bad last time, been off since and DHJ yard has been right out of form.

I traded on it myself when it went 22.0. Strange how Bentley kept his whip in right hand all the way down the straight, making sure he stayed on the slow ground.

Hayden jones has had a nightmare season 1 winner plus the lay off as well so left the race alone,should be worth watching closely now though as soon as the stable has a winner or two.

Ionwy is interesting if she gets in on the 8th Oct.

Ran in same Chepstow race in 2011/12, beaten 32 lths last season, but just 29 lths this season.

Followed that desperate run last year, running in nursery on the 8th October, just getting touched off @ 66/1.

4lbs lower this time if she gets in.

Taro tywood has only had the 8 lifetime runs,had won at thirsk over 6fs september 2011 ran off 67 at chester 6/17 beaten 3 3/4ls has now dropped to a mark of 55 enabling her to creep into this race for horses rated only up to 55.She was a big eyecatcher last time out laid up with the pace,given a strange ride dropped out to the back as turning into the straight yet apparently full of running.She was then alllowed to run on in here own time easily passing the runners infront of her,that race dropped her another 3 pound,i will follow her for a couple of runs but i would exopect her to be backed if she;s a tryer as this looks a really poor race.The obvious pick in the rasce is rhossili bay on the ckock ,but taro wood is the most interesting at the prices she is worth following for a couple of runs,she could well be a big gamble trained by local trainer mark brisbourne.

Back