Daily picks.

bajan bear

Bajan bear looked unlucky at lingfield when not getting a clear run,looked like a winner without a penalty going to wolves on friday,looked very onepaced.The post have it down as a non stayer yet the race was only run in 1m50.71 standard time slow by(4.61) a very slowly run race over 1.2 seconds slower than the second division.I can't see the trip beat it,providing there's plenty of pace on and perhaps running at lingfield then it will be worth a bet as its going to be an even bigger price next time out.

temple road

Temple road looked like one to follow when running a nice race off 57 at lingfield on the turf from the worst draw in 1,5th of 11 to steelcut the first three were rated 68,70,68 and mostly 60+ runners in behind him.Next time out was 9/1 in a worse race and i expected him to be heavily backed after the lingfield run,i presume after such a lay off of 136 days he's had some problems.If he could repeat that lingield run now off revised mark of 55 allowing him to sneak into tomorrows race then he would be winning these races,he's only had 5 lifetime runs and is probably worth following for a while as he will be going off massive prices compared to ability!!
That was from the 16th of november was in a poor race but long time off the track but ran ok running on fourth,there maybe more to come yet and again compared to ability will be overpriced off a mark of just 55.

waabel
passionada
won 4/1

These two both came out of the same race behind gung ho jack on the 5th of november run in a reasonjable time of 1m13.82 good time comparitively on the card beaten two nks,the most interesting thing being the time .63 quicker than the second division that night won by dark lane off 63.Passionadas only off 62 and waabel may drop a pound or two after saturdays run was on a mark of 65,ran over 7fs on saturday going off strangely extremely quick finishing last.Waabels lowest ever mark was when winning off 61 and usually runs well for a period of time when hitting form,trainer violets jordans had a couple of winners recently and should be overpriced after saturdays run.Passionadas only had the 7 runs so could still be loads of improvement switched to the aw,the fact gung ho jacks won again last night off 67 in better class race and it was the faster of the two divisions further franks the form!

little garcon
Getting hard to predict little garcon and still tumbling down the weights was rated 96 march 2011,but has not been placed since september 2010 but was an eyecatcher admittedly in much lower grade race ridden hands 'n heels when 6th behind blanc de chine finishing full of running.Not one to take a short price about,but the run behind muhdiq is forgivable as there was no pace in the race at lingfield o next run providing he gets that he maybe worth a couple of chances as he's now nearing that mark of 80,his last winning mark was off 83 april 2010 winning at lingfioeld over 6fs

ready

Ready looks like a massive improver,winning over the 7fs at lingfield on the 24th of november,was squeezed out 2fs out yet picked up and ended up looking completely different class.A really good time on the clock of 1m23.79 and looking good for another couple of lengths on top of that run and only .22 slower than the previous quickest run over 7fs over c/d this season by older handicapper hamaatt winning off 87.Ready goes up 4 pound to 82 that looks a nice mark still can't remember to many 2yr old races being this quick by horses only rated in the low 80s.Ready may well be a 90+ horse on the aw and looks one to follow through the aw season!!

desert strike

Will add this on although a little disappointing on monday,was drawn badly and over 5fs was probably going to struggle.His previous run over the 6fs at wolves was encouraging beaten 2 3/4ls behind gung ho jack form thats working out really well through that horse already passionada yesterday i put up won and franked that form again.That day at wolves restrained by kirby probably costing him being involved in the finish and finished with a bit in hand and also far quicker than the first div won by mother jones,qualifies for races horses only rated up to 65 now.That takes him to lowest aw mark since feb 2011,has won mostly over 5fs but goes equally over the 6fs,dore hasn't been in great form so he's worth following for a while and at some point might just run up a sequence.Was rated 80 on the aw last season and won off 75 last season as well.

Last edited:
Took threes on Lyric Piece last night, would have won or possibly got beat by EMulating as both ran really wide and finished like trains to not quite get up. Slightly nervous about the Botti Horse in that race though.

Botti has another one, Canary Wharf formally of O'Briens. Had a break after leaving AOB's in January having run over 8 and 9f and was seen a few weeks ago over 12f - came nowhere but will be a bit handier this time if it gets the trip, maybe quite speculative but the fact they are persisting with the trip and De Souza on board again suggests may be doing some good work at home.

waabel
passionada

These two both came out of the same race behind gung ho jack on the 5th of november run in a reasonjable time of 1m13.82 good time comparitively on the card beaten two nks,the most interesting thing being the time .63 quicker than the second division that night won by dark lane off 63.Passionadas only off 62 and waabel may drop a pound or two after saturdays run was on a mark of 65,ran over 7fs on saturday going off strangely extremely quick finishing last.Waabels lowest ever mark was when winning off 61 and usually runs well for a period of time when hitting form,trainer violets jordans had a couple of winners recently and should be overpriced after saturdays run.Passionadas only had the 7 runs so could still be loads of improvement switched to the aw,the fact gung ho jacks won again last night off 67 in better class race and it was the faster of the two divisions further franks the form!

Waabel entered in a seller Saturday

One was for Reggie as per horses to follow.

Reginald Claude- M Usher-6/7fs

This horse absolutely hacked up at Wolverhampton in a class 6 ridden by Rachel Kneller and i expected it to follow up on friday night but the amateur rider status of the race was the concern and i'm afraid the inexperienced lady on board had a very poor run around so i'll ignore that run for the future.
This horse was backed into 4/1 from a huge price on Betfair and was obviously fully expected to win that race and i don't think a 6lb higher mark should have btn it. As a 2 yo beat Krypton Factor,(which had won previous race) rec 9lb by a hd at Nottm 6fs with 8 lengths to the 3rd. That horse has hardly been btn since and runs in Maydan now in the 120s!
Not suggesting Reginald is anywhere near that but has run 2 decent 2nds at Kempton from 70 since, would expect this horse to be well capeable of winning from marks in the 60s and look forward to Rachel Kneller being back on board over 7fs nto.
Different jockey but has ridden him before and has 2 decent runs over C/D from 70.

Other was for Tyrur Ted, a big eyecatcher over C/D lto and heavily backed last night, also heavily backed last week when race abandoned.

I think he's the type that needs plenty of space SJ. Looked to be travelling as well as anything until trying to thread through a gap and found nothing.

The gaps opened up for him when he won at Wolver.

waabel
passionada

Waabel entered in a seller Saturday

Would probably take a couple of them to come out to realistically win plus looking for a reasonable draw as well.The entries will be interesting though as there are a couple in there that would make waabel a decent price on ratings while they wouldn't be reliable themselves.

I've been waiting for moody to reappear after its last run qnd typically in same race as waabel at present. lost about twelve lengths at start and finished like a train.

desert strike

Will add this on although a little disappointing on monday,was drawn badly and over 5fs was probably going to struggle.His previous run over the 6fs at wolves was encouraging beaten 2 3/4ls behind gung ho jack form thats working out really well through that horse already passionada yesterday i put up won and franked that form again.That day at wolves restrained by kirby probably costing him being involved in the finish and finished with a bit in hand and also far quicker than the first div won by mother jones,qualifies for races horses only rated up to 65 now.That takes him to lowest aw mark since feb 2011,has won mostly over 5fs but goes equally over the 6fs,dore hasn't been in great form so he's worth following for a while and at some point might just run up a sequence.Was rated 80 on the aw last season and won off 75 last season as well.

generalyse

There's a possibility that generalyse maybe open to improvement looked exposed off marks in the low 70s after 11 runs but the win at wolves on the 9th of november looks interesting.Winning in a time of 1m14.90 carrying 9-3 with first time blinkers but running .12 quicker than diman waters rated 70 off 8-13 in the handicap and also .34 quicker tha living leader in the other maiden,sluiced up off 67 next time out.Some nice comparisons on that card he was off 70 then raised a pound,he was allowed to go from the front in that race and had first time blinkers.He then ran over 5fs on next run from a wide draw finishing strongly,i think he's worth giving another chance or two,trainer said they'd diosappointed him buy dropping him in.Back to 6fs from a decent draw may just be a few pounds ahead of the handicapper and at least short term will keep my eye on the prices!

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if shaunas spirit isn't backed at this price as i thought she would be 7/1 tops,she sluiced up at wolves off 59 then was styepped up into this class.I thought she looked unlucky last time out she was badly hampered halfway through the race and again at the finish but was still running on,spin again and frognal finishing fast infront of her at the end of the race but her momentum was stopped throughout.She was drawn ten that day and dropped in behind and met trouble,she never got a chance to get in a decent position and from the 1 draw unless the removal of the cps is a negative i'd expect her to be ridden more handily and at l;east try and go from the front a couple of furlongs out.At the very worst i'm hoping to get a trade out of her she's over twice the price of spin again,if she runs to that form and gets a run she should be the same price!!

9/1 ppower!!

Last edited:
10/1 sjames
10/1 victor!!

Got a fair bit on at 9s and 10/1 out at 8.6!!!

Last edited:
Take it you've backed him again Tmr Andy 16/1-6/1:whistle:

Mccabe i'm sure will have some races in mind for azrael has chose to bring him out again after 114 days off i wouldn't be surprised to see him sluice up in a race for horses rated up to 75 tomorrow off 78 but will have a small interest as twice he's come back from a break he's run well.April 2011 on comeback run after 6 months off was 3rd to belgian bill off 95 and this year came back on the 1st april to be 4th of 21 off 85.Tomorrow he runs off 78 lowest ever mark,has only ever run once on the aw going off 13/2 off 85 against my freedom now rated 97,that was at lingfield over the 7fs and again i will be watching this one closely on the aw.Hss proven itself at lingfield,is free falling doewn the weights and will be overprioced on his turf form in future races!![/QUOTE]

Some terrible racing on the lingfield cards and tomorrows is no better tomorrow but as mentioned before graham lee seems to get more out of these poorer horses and the other bonus is they are nearly always overbet.The 12/1 about bramshill lass looks very big she's double the price of some of the runners yet her form is very comparable,staying on one paced third over this trip at kempton behind porcini,time compares favourably with the runners in this race that have rin over that c/d.She then went off to quick over 1m2fs at kempton trying to make all setting the race up for finishers.She looks slow but so do the others i think she looks a nice trade at worst can see her going off half the current 12/1.

Back