Daily picks.

Sitting in the car waiting for the wife to leave her Xmas party - had a dabble on He's Our Music for something to do as much as anything. Raise the Beat in the last would cap a good day for me.

I hope a few did those fcasts in the last at kempton,they were the best bets of the day,nailed on just a nice drift on winner made a massive bonus!

I was itching to post about the fcasts last night as sometimes on the aw races like this are just massive standouts,you don't see them often but on all known form and times even though only rated so lowly,it was impossible to not do them.It was lucky the winner drifted but it just shows that even 50 rated runners sometimes can be standouts in the right races!!

bajan bear

Bajan bear looked unlucky at lingfield when not getting a clear run,looked like a winner without a penalty going to wolves on friday,looked very onepaced.The post have it down as a non stayer yet the race was only run in 1m50.71 standard time slow by(4.61) a very slowly run race over 1.2 seconds slower than the second division.I can't see the trip beat it,providing there's plenty of pace on and perhaps running at lingfield then it will be worth a bet as its going to be an even bigger price next time out.

temple roadwon 9/2:cool:

Temple road looked like one to follow when running a nice race off 57 at lingfield on the turf from the worst draw in 1,5th of 11 to steelcut the first three were rated 68,70,68 and mostly 60+ runners in behind him.Next time out was 9/1 in a worse race and i expected him to be heavily backed after the lingfield run,i presume after such a lay off of 136 days he's had some problems.If he could repeat that lingield run now off revised mark of 55 allowing him to sneak into tomorrows race then he would be winning these races,he's only had 5 lifetime runs and is probably worth following for a while as he will be going off massive prices compared to ability!!
That was from the 16th of november was in a poor race but long time off the track but ran ok running on fourth,there maybe more to come yet and again compared to ability will be overpriced off a mark of just 55.

waabel
passionada
won 4/1:cool:

These two both came out of the same race behind gung ho jack on the 5th of november run in a reasonjable time of 1m13.82 good time comparitively on the card beaten two nks,the most interesting thing being the time .63 quicker than the second division that night won by dark lane off 63.Passionadas only off 62 and waabel may drop a pound or two after saturdays run was on a mark of 65,ran over 7fs on saturday going off strangely extremely quick finishing last.Waabels lowest ever mark was when winning off 61 and usually runs well for a period of time when hitting form,trainer violets jordans had a couple of winners recently and should be overpriced after saturdays run.Passionadas only had the 7 runs so could still be loads of improvement switched to the aw,the fact gung ho jacks won again last night off 67 in better class race and it was the faster of the two divisions further franks the form!

little garcon
Getting hard to predict little garcon and still tumbling down the weights was rated 96 march 2011,but has not been placed since september 2010 but was an eyecatcher admittedly in much lower grade race ridden hands 'n heels when 6th behind blanc de chine finishing full of running.Not one to take a short price about,but the run behind muhdiq is forgivable as there was no pace in the race at lingfield o next run providing he gets that he maybe worth a couple of chances as he's now nearing that mark of 80,his last winning mark was off 83 april 2010 winning at lingfioeld over 6fs

ready

Ready looks like a massive improver,winning over the 7fs at lingfield on the 24th of november,was squeezed out 2fs out yet picked up and ended up looking completely different class.A really good time on the clock of 1m23.79 and looking good for another couple of lengths on top of that run and only .22 slower than the previous quickest run over 7fs over c/d this season by older handicapper hamaatt winning off 87.Ready goes up 4 pound to 82 that looks a nice mark still can't remember to many 2yr old races being this quick by horses only rated in the low 80s.Ready may well be a 90+ horse on the aw and looks one to follow through the aw season!!

In all probability nora looby will just not give this the ride it needs but on its run over 7fs here in september when only beaten 1 3/4ls in a decent claimer compared to the handicap race over c/d.Time of the race was 1m27.59 compared to the handicap won by atlantis crossing winning off 64 in 1m28.78 topweight travis countys only rated 65 tomorrow and 5/2 jf with pelmanism.Pravda street won that claimer has since been runner up off 70 to lucky dan and the third jouster was 4th to copper dock last night in a far better race.The 12/1 would be massively overpriced on that run and eastern hills only off 62 with 7 pound off lowest mark for 16 months,nora looby obviously a big negative but worth a small bet at these weights.

Taken 10/1 with books after pelmanism taken out,no chance this going off 10/1 should get a little trade out of this!!

Still 10s with totesport!!

Last edited:
I'm on Faffa tomorrow - first race at Wolves - got beaten 1 1/2 lengths by Small Fury two rides ago (upped to 7f since, now back at 5f). For that 1 1/2 lengths it now receives an 11lb swing in the weights.

bajan bear

Bajan bear looked unlucky at lingfield when not getting a clear run,looked like a winner without a penalty going to wolves on friday,looked very onepaced.The post have it down as a non stayer yet the race was only run in 1m50.71 standard time slow by(4.61) a very slowly run race over 1.2 seconds slower than the second division.I can't see the trip beat it,providing there's plenty of pace on and perhaps running at lingfield then it will be worth a bet as its going to be an even bigger price next time out.

temple road won 9/2:cool:

Temple road looked like one to follow when running a nice race off 57 at lingfield on the turf from the worst draw in 1,5th of 11 to steelcut the first three were rated 68,70,68 and mostly 60+ runners in behind him.Next time out was 9/1 in a worse race and i expected him to be heavily backed after the lingfield run,i presume after such a lay off of 136 days he's had some problems.If he could repeat that lingield run now off revised mark of 55 allowing him to sneak into tomorrows race then he would be winning these races,he's only had 5 lifetime runs and is probably worth following for a while as he will be going off massive prices compared to ability!!
That was from the 16th of november was in a poor race but long time off the track but ran ok running on fourth,there maybe more to come yet and again compared to ability will be overpriced off a mark of just 55.

waabel
passionada won 4/1:cool:

These two both came out of the same race behind gung ho jack on the 5th of november run in a reasonjable time of 1m13.82 good time comparitively on the card beaten two nks,the most interesting thing being the time .63 quicker than the second division that night won by dark lane off 63.Passionadas only off 62 and waabel may drop a pound or two after saturdays run was on a mark of 65,ran over 7fs on saturday going off strangely extremely quick finishing last.Waabels lowest ever mark was when winning off 61 and usually runs well for a period of time when hitting form,trainer violets jordans had a couple of winners recently and should be overpriced after saturdays run.Passionadas only had the 7 runs so could still be loads of improvement switched to the aw,the fact gung ho jacks won again last night off 67 in better class race and it was the faster of the two divisions further franks the form!

little garcon
Getting hard to predict little garcon and still tumbling down the weights was rated 96 march 2011,but has not been placed since september 2010 but was an eyecatcher admittedly in much lower grade race ridden hands 'n heels when 6th behind blanc de chine finishing full of running.Not one to take a short price about,but the run behind muhdiq is forgivable as there was no pace in the race at lingfield o next run providing he gets that he maybe worth a couple of chances as he's now nearing that mark of 80,his last winning mark was off 83 april 2010 winning at lingfioeld over 6fs

ready

Ready looks like a massive improver,winning over the 7fs at lingfield on the 24th of november,was squeezed out 2fs out yet picked up and ended up looking completely different class.A really good time on the clock of 1m23.79 and looking good for another couple of lengths on top of that run and only .22 slower than the previous quickest run over 7fs over c/d this season by older handicapper hamaatt winning off 87.Ready goes up 4 pound to 82 that looks a nice mark still can't remember to many 2yr old races being this quick by horses only rated in the low 80s.Ready may well be a 90+ horse on the aw and looks one to follow through the aw season.

desert strike

Will add this on although a little disappointing on monday,was drawn badly and over 5fs was probably going to struggle.His previous run over the 6fs at wolves was encouraging beaten 2 3/4ls behind gung ho jack form thats working out really well through that horse already passionada yesterday i put up won and franked that form again.That day at wolves restrained by kirby probably costing him being involved in the finish and finished with a bit in hand and also far quicker than the first div won by mother jones,qualifies for races horses only rated up to 65 now.That takes him to lowest aw mark since feb 2011,has won mostly over 5fs but goes equally over the 6fs,dore hasn't been in great form so he's worth following for a while and at some point might just run up a sequence.Was rated 80 on the aw last season and won off 75 last season as well.

generalyse

There's a possibility that generalyse maybe open to improvement looked exposed off marks in the low 70s after 11 runs but the win at wolves on the 9th of november looks interesting.Winning in a time of 1m14.90 carrying 9-3 with first time blinkers but running .12 quicker than diman waters rated 70 off 8-13 in the handicap and also .34 quicker tha living leader in the other maiden,sluiced up off 67 next time out.Some nice comparisons on that card he was off 70 then raised a pound,he was allowed to go from the front in that race and had first time blinkers.He then ran over 5fs on next run from a wide draw finishing strongly,i think he's worth giving another chance or two,trainer said they'd diosappointed him buy dropping him in.Back to 6fs from a decent draw may just be a few pounds ahead of the handicapper and at least short term will keep my eye on the prices

beat route

Beat route may have been uinlucky on last two runs although wther he wouldv'e won the races would be a bit speculative,but he wouldv'e finished close up on last two runs and may have even gone up in the weights.The last two runs,penultimate run looked to be running on when eased and yesterday stuck on inside rail when appearing full of running.He actually has never won beyond 1m,3fs at kempton so there maybe a possibility he could be better at lingfield,he should get a drop in the weights now even after those two runs in which case he will look well handicapped again.

Midnight Chase looks a solid back to lay for me at Cheltenham-currently about 5.4 on the machine- should be easy enough to get out at 4.1 or lower.

Was going to put a little preview of some of the races,i don't really like anything everythings to short,plus the ones i've marked off have already been backed.Far far to short for me to write up on so i will probably not bother!!Unless they drift of course!:p

bajan bear

temple road won 9/2:cool:

waabel
passionada won 4/1:cool:

little garcon

ready

Ready looks like a massive improver,winning over the 7fs at lingfield on the 24th of november,was squeezed out 2fs out yet picked up and ended up looking completely different class.A really good time on the clock of 1m23.79 and looking good for another couple of lengths on top of that run and only .22 slower than the previous quickest run over 7fs over c/d this season by older handicapper hamaatt winning off 87.Ready goes up 4 pound to 82 that looks a nice mark still can't remember to many 2yr old races being this quick by horses only rated in the low 80s.Ready may well be a 90+ horse on the aw and looks one to follow through the aw season.

desert strike

Will add this on although a little disappointing on monday,was drawn badly and over 5fs was probably going to struggle.His previous run over the 6fs at wolves was encouraging beaten 2 3/4ls behind gung ho jack form thats working out really well through that horse already passionada yesterday i put up won and franked that form again.That day at wolves restrained by kirby probably costing him being involved in the finish and finished with a bit in hand and also far quicker than the first div won by mother jones,qualifies for races horses only rated up to 65 now.That takes him to lowest aw mark since feb 2011,has won mostly over 5fs but goes equally over the 6fs,dore hasn't been in great form so he's worth following for a while and at some point might just run up a sequence.Was rated 80 on the aw last season and won off 75 last season as well.

generalyse

There's a possibility that generalyse maybe open to improvement looked exposed off marks in the low 70s after 11 runs but the win at wolves on the 9th of november looks interesting.Winning in a time of 1m14.90 carrying 9-3 with first time blinkers but running .12 quicker than diman waters rated 70 off 8-13 in the handicap and also .34 quicker tha living leader in the other maiden,sluiced up off 67 next time out.Some nice comparisons on that card he was off 70 then raised a pound,he was allowed to go from the front in that race and had first time blinkers.He then ran over 5fs on next run from a wide draw finishing strongly,i think he's worth giving another chance or two,trainer said they'd diosappointed him buy dropping him in.Back to 6fs from a decent draw may just be a few pounds ahead of the handicapper and at least short term will keep my eye on the prices

beat route

Beat route may have been uinlucky on last two runs although wther he wouldv'e won the races would be a bit speculative,but he wouldv'e finished close up on last two runs and may have even gone up in the weights.The last two runs,penultimate run looked to be running on when eased and yesterday stuck on inside rail when appearing full of running.He actually has never won beyond 1m,3fs at kempton so there maybe a possibility he could be better at lingfield,he should get a drop in the weights now even after those two runs in which case he will look well handicapped again.

kames park

At 10 years of age and no win for 12 months doesn't look like one to follow but has been running extremely well in races not run to suit this season on the aw since late august.Has run 3/2/7/5/4/4/2/5 in some reasonable handicaps for the grades and everyone of those races he has been finishing well off a slow pace.He actually travelled like the winner today ito the straight at lingfield but was done for toe,the time of the race backed up again being slowly run.When he gets the ideal conditons it looks inevitable and it maybe that he can win in a slightly better race at a bigger price.December last year he was in fortm running 4th to tornado force running against horses in the 70s and then followed that up by winning in a reasonable time off 63 over 1m4fs at lingfield.The time was the quickest race he had run in over that distance in the last 12 months showing the necessity for some pace in the race for him to win.He's nearly won all his aw races in either december april/march and io will keep looking at the entries as he could keep slipping down the weights but still look a good bet,depending on make up of race.The way he's been running i would be very surprised if he doesn't win this season at a decent price,he's now off lowest mark since december 2009 and maybe dropping again down the weights.

Last edited:
kames park

Gone up 2lb today.

I backed it in the place market yesterday, in the hope of some early pace and thought Quinn ( had 3 wins on the horse) would be able to get a decent early pitch. Once he aimed for the inside rail I knew my fate.

I've noticed Robert Losing Butler has vanished.

The rise won't make any difference 2 pound the way its running is meaningless as its capable of beating 70 horses and the probability is will be entered in another 2/3 races with no pace before winning.

Diabolical racing on two cards today,nothing really looks worth doing i've backed kimbali at 7/4 and dozy joe at 11/4 in the 3.15.Don't know if kimbali will stay,but ran a good time over 7fs over c/d if bold marc doesn't go off set a decent pace it could be these two fighting oput the finish,if he does go quicker than i'm hoping dozy joe will pick the race up.Just a small interest!!

Diabolical racing on two cards today,nothing really looks worth doing i've backed kimbali at 7/4 and dozy joe at 11/4 in the 3.15.Don't know if kimbali will stay,but ran a good time over 7fs over c/d if bold marc doesn't go off set a decent pace it could be these two fighting oput the finish,if he does go quicker than i'm hoping dozy joe will pick the race up.Just a small interest!!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!:cool:

Gigilo,

Bet365 have finally shut me down. I would like to take this oppurtunity to extend my gratitude for all the steamers and a lot of winners I ploughed into with the Stoke firm on your advice. It was fun while it lasted.

Thats why i havn't mentioned it the last twice stew trainers not winning any races,he put milczarek on it another negative and the bias for front runners looks huge at wolves.I won't be backing it till he has a winner or at least runs without a disadvantageous draw.

honeyhaven

Rated just 40 honeyhaven so a speculative one at the lowest level,caught the eye today in the seller having been under pressure for most of the race fully 7/8ls behind coming into the straight.She suddenly really picked up under hands n' heels in the last couple of furlongs only 4ls behind 60 rated horses.That was a poor race,but there will be even weaker races around on the aw and if that run wasn't a one off could pick up one of these or even a very weak handicap.She may just get overlooked pricewise and i will give her a couple of chances.

Back