Daily picks.

Will be noting a few for the beginning of the turf season that will be overlooked and overpriced,hasn't been much of noteworthy on the aw this season as progressive but there's a few handicappers that will be a bit of value.

swendab

Swendabs never shown anything on the aw and has been running in very weak handicaps looking tripless over the winter.A 5yr old he has won 4/21 on the turf all 4 wins on straight sprint tracks chepstow,donny and windsor those wins were in 2011 but still showed glimpses of reasonable form in the 70s in some placed efforts last season.I'd like to see him reverting back to similar tracks as his wins, as he's had very few opportunities since 2011 off a now decent mark and will undoubtedly be overlooked in betting early part of the season!

quasi congaree

Now trained by paul fitzimons and running tomorrow at kempton for the first time over 6fs for the stable on 4th start but from the 11 draw.First three runs for the stable has been running over 7fs and one of them when ridden by fanning was a bit of an eyecatcher,coming back on bit over 1/2 furlong out when race was over even though 9/10.Two more runs since and two last places,has taken him down to lowest mark since april 2010,has not won for a long time august 2011 but rated 83 in august 2011 and was still rated 80 december 2012.I will be watching this closely dropped back down in trip off current mark on the aw and turf especially as will undoubtedly be underestimated in betting in future races.

Sole Danser runs at Kempton today. Must be worth a punt each way.

Bad news Benny, I'm going to back it, probably in running if there are any layers for the first few races.

I don't think there has been a h/cap winner of a 6f sprint from his draw for around 15 months, so he's got a tough task.

The upside for me is I don't like the front two in the betting.

Think that Kaylee has a decent chance tmr 5.30K.
6fs looks her best trip and has been drawn in stall 1. Her 2 best races were when a close 4th behind Flamborough Breeze 52, won 3 since now 72, with Lucky Mark 52 in 2nd now 64 with winners Media Jury and Athakeel well behind her. Also when 2nd to Artful Lady, won again since with multiple winners and close 2nds Under Par, Reginald Claude, won twice, Cookie Crumbles, Athakeel, Dixie Gwalia and Burnt Cream all behind.
Has twice this term btn the likely fav Rightcar and has a 3lb pull with Blue Noodles for 2 lengths lto but that was over 7fs. Has found support on last few runs and at 8/1 with 365 looks generous imo.

six silver lane

One of the strangest rides you will see by six silver lane tonight allowed to run free infront and 4 wide all the way over the 1m1 1/2fs at wolves,then restrained entering straight and appeared to be full of running still and gave the impression couldv'e been the best horse in the race.I'm not convinced this was deliberate as i've seen some poor rides by adam mclean before and he's only had one winner.He looks a difficult ride but if allowed to race from the home bend couldv'e still won that race tonight and was still only beaten 3ls actually running straight when allowed to run on under hands n' heels.He's dropped to his lowest mark since july 2011 and now off only 68,looks nicely handicapped for turf and aw has already won 4/25 and won off 76 last september.Could well go unnoticed and these races on the aw for horses rated up to 70 are very weak!

I'm putting up runners that will be overpriced and have reasons for previous poor form whether that be blatant or just bad placement.Quasi congaree already showed an improved run at kempton this week from poor draw hopefully find a few more before the beginning of the season.Will probably pm my full list out as it gets bigger,last seasons i pm'd it out to only a handful on here.There were only 40 runners on it and turned out to be one of the best i've ever done even though it started slowly,25 wins from the 40.

shawkantango

As adam mclean came up on tonights eyecatcher then i looked through some other recent rides and after watching shaws shawkantango ridden by him three out of last four runs.Given very little assistance from the saddle and the race behind mj woodward eyecatcher again after hitting the rail and stil running on.Now dropping down to lowest mark since feb 2011,won 6/35 on the aw 4/9 at swell is an habitual slow starter but now looks value and could well be running in weakest ever races with another drop in class!

swing easy

Class ride today by graham lee on exceptionally easy winner swing easy winning off a mark of 75,but the ease of the win and time of race 2m4.01 fastest 3yr old race over the c/d this sesson.There maybe a lot more to come graham lee made this fella look like a hundred horse although i wouldn't be surprised if hes a somewhere near a 90 horse looking at the ease of the win compared to the time.One to definitely be onside with.

1ppt trade dubawi island 7/1 365!!

Out at 3.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dubawi island and the lockmaster contested a better race than that won by caledonian prince and the time was quicker on the slower surface.Dubawi island has a 10 pound turnaround with the lock master although looking at the way the lockmaster won that 10 pound may still make them closer than the figures suggest.They had piceno and copperwood behind in that race and if not beaten last time out sure dubawi island wouldv'e been nearer 7/2 4/1,no chance of going off 7/1 will be nearer 3/1 i would imagine with rovbert tart riding.

Done 2 ew lucky 15s 365.

bentley 7/2
corn maiden 5/2
dubawi island 7/1

greenhead high 6/1
seamster 9/4.

Time square must be one to follow after that race at Kempton. Couldn't have run into more trouble if he'd tried, was checked about four times.

Swell preview for tomorrows card!!

A poor race and hard to be overconfident in any of the runners,bentley ran a reasonable race after first run back after 12 months second to sir ivor although beaten 6ls was 6ls back to the third.Has not won for 2 seasons although won 8 on the aw and on lowest mark since sept 2006,time of that race was ok for the grade on previous form the trip looks on the short side but the surface riding on the slowside probably suits.Repeats that run will be involved in the finish!
Mango music another on downgrade and now this is her level,brian mchugh seems to be getting the best runs out of her won on her off 59 in september at newcastle over tomorrows trip of 7fs.She had a poor draw last time out when drawn 11 and was nearest finish over the 6fs back up in trip these two look the most likely winners.
bentley,mango music

An impossible looking handiocap with quite a few still open to improvement
sleepy blue ocean drops to a mark of 74 allowing him to run off lowest winning mark on the aw since december 2011 off exact same mark.If the more prominent runners in the market don't show improvement could easily figure with a 4/9 record over the c/d.A more speculative runner would be captain scooby he is also on lowest mark since september 2011 and lowest ever aw mark.Has actually got for that ties ion with sleepy blue ocean on two runs over this c/d,january last season finishing infront of sleepy blue ocean the other behind.Will no doubt be winning again this season off current mark and probably need the run tomorrow but would have a chance on even last seasons form off higher marks.
sleepy blue ocean,captain scooby

Goldmachen will probably win by default has looked an improver but the races she's won have looked very poor,there looks only one danger and thats jack dawkins.Jack dawkins rarely runs a bad race here but beaten 51ls last time out over the 1m4s last season beat transonic by 9ls over the c./d tomorrow in 2m23.61 on that form would be a great bet ew against probavble odds on fav!!

goldmachen,jack dawkins

Meditarranean sea has never won off 75 would be highest winning mark,has run well off this sort of mark and this is a weak race could well win.The two most interesting runners that have formlines through horses such ss veloso,aaman three white socks ties these three formlines in quite closely,brunellos only had 8 races and omid the 11 i think both of these are open to improvement although brunello hasn't run for 378 days.There are some very interesting formlines with these three,somelines favouring brunello t would have to side with mediterranean sea and omid just because of brunellos lay off but i think he's one to follow .The run behind sistine and aaman maybe better form than first appears i wouldn't be surprised iof he won.
mediterranean sea,omid

Corn maiden improved for the surface out of refuse to bend has now been second won last time out poor races but should pick up another race and likes this slower surface as its riding.It's difficult to make a case for the other runners as most have no or little course form the danger looks to be rubi dia another coming back after a long lay off has won on the surface when riding slow winning off 63 tomorrow off 58.Linroyale looks interesting off what could still be a great mark looking at the horses he ran against iover a mile here on first two runs has still only had the 6 runs and maybe just an aw horse!!
corn maiden,rubi dia,linroyale lad

As mentioned with dubawi island has a 10 pound pull for 1/2l with the lockmaster he looked a little bit of value at 7/1 was a false price that day at 11/10 tomorrow looks a 7/2 shot if he repeats that run and with robert tart taking off 7 pound down to a mark of 78.The time of that race fits in well with caledonian prince far quicker and on virtually same going,all depending on how quick he goes and whether piceno takes him on should be involved at the finish.At some point will surely be dropped in trip dubawi island as travels so well looks slightly vulnerable to improvers over the mile but these are similarly exposed.Dubai hills also looks very interesting as he comes back to hos fav track 4/5 here last time he ran here he won off 87 and is only off 82 tomorrow.The ? is the trip although he was second off 85 at donny over the mile in october,another one that looks worth following.

dubawi island,caledonian prince

Will stick with seamster and greenhead high just from the draw aspect and the fact they both made all last time out,although greenhead high seemed to improve for the visor and thats off again tomorrow.Greenhead highs still reasonably well handicapped on last years swell form and seamster won easily enough although very weak race ,if they repeat those runs then will be involved in the finish.

seamster,greenhead high

Last edited:
Hi Andy, thanks for message.
Think that Amtired has a good chance in the 4.10, ran a lot better than finishing position shows over hurdles lto when ran wide all the way around and let coast home when chance gone, previously heavily backed at Wolver behind Honoured on 1st run for 8 months. Had previously run well here over shorter finishing his races off very well, money this morning, had a bet at 13/2 last night. Agree that Dubawi Island must have a great chance.

;)
Swell preview for tomorrows card!!

A poor race and hard to be overconfident in any of the runners,bentley ran a reasonable race after first run back after 12 months second to sir ivor although beaten 6ls was 6ls back to the third.Has not won for 2 seasons although won 8 on the aw and on lowest mark since sept 2006,time of that race was ok for the grade on previous form the trip looks on the short side but the surface riding on the slowside probably suits.Repeats that run will be involved in the finish!
Mango music another on downgrade and now this is her level,brian mchugh seems to be getting the best runs out of her won on her off 59 in september at newcastle over tomorrows trip of 7fs.She had a poor draw last time out when drawn 11 and was nearest finish over the 6fs back up in trip these two look the most likely winners.
bentley,mango music

An impossible looking handiocap with quite a few still open to improvement
sleepy blue ocean drops to a mark of 74 allowing him to run off lowest winning mark on the aw since december 2011 off exact same mark.If the more prominent runners in the market don't show improvement could easily figure with a 4/9 record over the c/d.A more speculative runner would be captain scooby he is also on lowest mark since september 2011 and lowest ever aw mark.Has actually got for that ties ion with sleepy blue ocean on two runs over this c/d,january last season finishing infront of sleepy blue ocean the other behind.Will no doubt be winning again this season off current mark and probably need the run tomorrow but would have a chance on even last seasons form off higher marks.
sleepy blue ocean,captain scooby

Goldmachen will probably win by default has looked an improver but the races she's won have looked very poor,there looks only one danger and thats jack dawkins.Jack dawkins rarely runs a bad race here but beaten 51ls last time out over the 1m4s last season beat transonic by 9ls over the c./d tomorrow in 2m23.61 on that form would be a great bet ew against probavble odds on fav!!

goldmachen,jack dawkins

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM On at 8/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Meditarranean sea has never won off 75 would be highest winning mark,has run well off this sort of mark and this is a weak race could well win.The two most interesting runners that have formlines through horses such ss veloso,aaman three white socks ties these three formlines in quite closely,brunellos only had 8 races and omid the 11 i think both of these are open to improvement although brunello hasn't run for 378 days.There are some very interesting formlines with these three,somelines favouring brunello t would have to side with mediterranean sea and omid just because of brunellos lay off but i think he's one to follow .The run behind sistine and aaman maybe better form than first appears i wouldn't be surprised iof he won.
mediterranean sea,omid

Corn maiden improved for the surface out of refuse to bend has now been second won last time out poor races but should pick up another race and likes this slower surface as its riding.It's difficult to make a case for the other runners as most have no or little course form the danger looks to be rubi dia another coming back after a long lay off has won on the surface when riding slow winning off 63 tomorrow off 58.Linroyale looks interesting off what could still be a great mark looking at the horses he ran against iover a mile here on first two runs has still only had the 6 runs and maybe just an aw horse!!
corn maiden,rubi dia,linroyale lad

As mentioned with dubawi island has a 10 pound pull for 1/2l with the lockmaster he looked a little bit of value at 7/1 was a false price that day at 11/10 tomorrow looks a 7/2 shot if he repeats that run and with robert tart taking off 7 pound down to a mark of 78.The time of that race fits in well with caledonian prince far quicker and on virtually same going,all depending on how quick he goes and whether piceno takes him on should be involved at the finish.At some point will surely be dropped in trip dubawi island as travels so well looks slightly vulnerable to improvers over the mile but these are similarly exposed.Dubai hills also looks very interesting as he comes back to hos fav track 4/5 here last time he ran here he won off 87 and is only off 82 tomorrow.The ? is the trip although he was second off 85 at donny over the mile in october,another one that looks worth following.

dubawi island,caledonian prince

Will stick with seamster and greenhead high just from the draw aspect and the fact they both made all last time out,although greenhead high seemed to improve for the visor and thats off again tomorrow.Greenhead highs still reasonably well handicapped on last years swell form and seamster won easily enough although very weak race ,if they repeat those runs then will be involved in the finish.

seamster,greenhead high

Back