Daily picks.

Also Gigglo, when rating a cars do you use the fastest time on te card and work out that horses rating then work down from that using how slow the others were off your fastest horse

Honeymoon Express off the to-follows couldn't have been found a much easier race today - taken 6-4.

Hadaj is the other one but he's essentially been disappointing since he went on the list and has changed stables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilo View Post

Wouldn't have much confidence in amenable till it gets soft ground,the run at catterick was different class that's what I was waiting to see.Did you do the two I sent youyesterday and the fcast!!

May as well put this up but from slightly different angle stew as i've never quite understood the running of it on poly when all its best form is at swell and on soft/heavy ground.Now dropped to 68 has won at swell off 77 and looks like another violet jordan horse running in wrong conditions just to get mark down,actually beat horseradish in september 2009 on that surface.The end of this month will be interesting when swell re opens

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOO OOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Lovely drift for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only been waoting 9 months for the right conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win number 2 I wonder how much higher this will get!!!:lol::lol:;) KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM NO.3 WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:Might see another one yet still off reasonable mark!!:lol::lol:

Top work again gigs.

I wanted to ask whether u believe certain speed ratings only work at select tracks, it might mean finding a good time but then waiting 5 runs untill it runs on a significant track?

I kno ascot and Kempton speed ratings are the ultimate gold mine going.

.Sylvia Pankhurst was a good example ran a really quick time at chester but most of her form was on turning tracks the second red explorer similarly on turning tracks.They both have been beaten since although under very dubious rides but on straight tracks making the form look dubious,the third red refraction though has absolutely hacked uop at ascot and may have now made the other two value.The times in maiden races are always interesting especially on the aw as they get overlooked,the good thing about the aw you can look at the result and know instantly that you're on to something decent.

Forgive 8-1 just saw her past the post ! had I remembered to back her that would have been a present and a half - the Godolphin horse was absurdly short on the weights . Magic of Reality needs 10f and Forgive really started to roll this time last year as well .

Got 12s wish i'd had more on but the times yesterday were looking like the ground could be quick although to be honest the race was utter garbage looked a two horse race.Was a cracking ew bet even at shorter prices trouble is now it'll be 4/1 instead of 12/1 so all the value will be gone.

Broxbourne

Massive eyecatcher given a really poor ride by lisa allpress way off a sedate pace throughout the race was only beaten 2 1/2ls nearest finish and almost definitely the best horse in the race.Tracks such as goodwood and ascot seem to suit and should win another handicap off this mark,although may not be much value.

Bushel

Similar to Broxbourne race another slowly run race bushel looked beat 2fs out then started to pick up again to be nearest finish just needing a faster run race.Hard to know the value of the form when run at this pace but only sits on 81 with the 4 runs and open to improvement,although like Broxbourne trained by Johnston maybe not much value.

Another try

An 8yr old now but becoming well handicapped lowest mark since may 2011,ran at brighton Friday on a track that wouldn't suit most form in recent times coming on straight tracks on gd or gd/fm.The ground at briighton on Friday was on the soft side and the form of that race looks suspect but showed another try maybe coming into form.Last season won off 78 at haydiock this time last year and then was 4th to Amadeus wolftone off 83 in a decent handicap.On his day he's capable of sluicing up off current marks and could win a couple off this mark of only 73!!

mountiger

A couple of obvious ones mountiger winning at wolves today in a decent time of 1m47.50 although it has to be said the track was extremely quick but was only second run and open to loads of improvement.It's always worth keeping these onside as if they don't show on turf they can return to the aw and be far superior on the surfaces sometimes in comparison to their turf form!!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH On at 13/2 and 6/1:lol::lol::lol:these books are mad on holi=day now got there 5 mins before the race roker park cost me 50/1 double!!Paid for the holiday and a bit more!!!!Absolutely relentless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Beau mistral

Beau mistral hasn't hit form this season although showed a glimmer of maybe coming back yesterday at haydock,all her best form has been there or chester her favourite track.She doesn't have much form on faster ground so a lot of her form this sesson can be discounted,i've been waiting for her to run at chester preferably on gd/gdsft.She's fallen to a mark of 67 now lowest ever mark,previous lowest was 68 august 2011,last season she won at chester off 69,79 and was runner up off 83 come august September there will 6 fixtures i'm sure she will be aimed at and off this ridiculous looking mark looks the time to bet I wouldn't be surprised if she ran up a few wins at those fixtures in a short period.She may yet run again on the faster ground somewhere and get down to 65 allowing her to win maybe at haydock before running in the chester races but probably unlikely.Have to put her up now as I will be away for a few weeks in august/September so may as well put her up now!;),she ran ok yesterday on ground to quick and still only beaten 3ls.She doesn't get to lead on the faster ground and pretty sure that will change with some siofter ground.:ninja:

KABBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Not much value but notung to beat WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOSSSHHHH Going on holiday most profitable thing I've done!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::ninja:

:eek:
captain scooby
phoenix nights
ambitious icarus

Nothing that was hugely eyecatching in yesterdays sprint although guests horse amitious icarus was left 15ls made that ground up to be back of the field.Fitzpatrick wasn't urgent on his ride msybe one to keep a close eye on as lightedly raced.Captain scooby holds no secrets but has got down to a mnew mark,now off lowest since sepember 2011 when wuinning off 76 off present mark of 69 looks well handicapped and nice intrioduction back.
Also the ride from phoenix clubs was quite inyteresting,prominent and then allowed to drop back was beat but the jock made sure he never gave it a race.These races are very competitive as they are so weak but you may see double figure prices on thezse and wortj a few bets.

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oFF 59!!:eek:;)I've got a very good memory!!!!

Fitz flyer

Exposed now and handicappers been unrelenting even though only won 1/38 has now just been dropped a couple of pound enabling him to run in races for horses rated just up to 85.He looked a little unlucky yesterday travelling really well but never getting much of a run in this grade he should be winning as these races will be by far the weakest ever contested.Not even sure Beverley suited all his best form has been on straight tracks even this season 4th to magical macey at newcastel and a 4th to ancient cross at York,loads of good form last season 4th to singeur off 90,3rds to kingsgate choice and tax free last season as well at York and ascot off 89 and 90.Could well get overpriced being on such a long losing run.

Lovesome,liberty. jack

A maiden stakes race yesterday at Leicester these two 11ls clear of the third rated 69 and the time .34 quicker than older handicapper winner askaud rated 80 earlier on the card.A few reasons these could be well handicapped both off 70,they both only have had little racing lovesome the 6 runs,liberty jack the 5 runs.The Newmarket race lovesome contested over a furlong further is working out well mushaakis has come out of lovesomes Newmarket run and run well in better grade.The 6th napindas won,11th not riggs won they both drifted over to the far rail at liecester travelling further than askaud and were also ridden by two very average jockeys in Louis steward and William twiston davis.This form may go underestimated as they could be improvers and off current marks would be very competitive in weak races.

Silverware

Remember putting up silverware last season when he won,ran today at ayr off 75 same last winning mark although had shown promise up to previous wins whereas today was coming back after a break and had been out of form.Off this mark he becomes one to watch out for has three wins on gd/fm all off a mark of 75still only has the 19 runs on turf so reasonable strike rate,going to be overpriced now especially if he can get an uncontested lead!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM On at 16s:lol::lol::lol:left a multi running on as well WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!On a bit of a roll!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::ninja:

It's non stop winners,i#ve done these to follows every season this one is leagues infront of previous ones hundreds of points up!!I said a few weeks ago there was loads to come and there will be a lot more yet actually being in holiday has cost me money as I've missed a few others as well!!

Maybe, but I havn't mentioned the other winners that have won as well probably about anoyher dozen:eek:ya numbskull.Oh and 16/1 price taken ;)......RELENTLESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And who gives a phuck what you think,the baits to tasty for the fools.

Last edited:
I'd include the runner-up, Inchila in future calculations too, didn't have a clear run but would say she was as superior to the rest of the field as AM was to her.

I really did get the impression that Inchila was value to be further clear of the rest of the field behind Amazing Maria at Goodwood, runs tonight in the first at Newmarket, 10/11 is the best price but I wouldn't be surprised to see a comfortable victory.

Hadaj

Hadaj was a big eyecatcher in this race last season and looked like he would go on and be at least top class handicapper,held up last to be nearest finish.The form was one of the strongest early season handicaps that worked out through the season 1st now rated 101,2nd 103,3rd verse of love placed today in listed race now rated 86 hadaj conceding a stone,4th solar deity todays winner of that listed race off 95,5th 97,9th 104.Hadaj showed absolutely nothing after this race had four runs two you could excuse two on tracks goodwood,chester and maybe the desperate ground at yarmouth he will be massive prices on that donny run this season.He still only has 9 lifetime runs and with clive brittains horses always underestimated will be worth having a few bets as if he captures the donny form off current mark would be virtually unbeatable!!

On and on it goes KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Took7s look at the run at York drawn 1 when the highs came up she picked hadaj up for 12k and been running decet races WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!Wasn't sure of ground as away but looked nailed on for one these may even step up on this betting blind and still been skinning them all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool:;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Crew cut was a massive eyecatcher at ascot on penultimate run giving the field 4/5ls start ran an incredible race to be switched right round the field and still running on not quite getting there nearest finish to be third to yeow and democretes.That was off a mark of 84 and he's now on a mark of 85 on that run there's more races to be won as he must've conceded 7/8ls to that field by the end of the race.He looks one to follow,have watched the race before but only noticed last night on replay.Obviously he went to Epsom showed nothing but easily enough to forgive that run especially back over c/d,probably the other most interesting runner is signor sassi 8th on seasonal debut to hallelujah form that now looks very good.Hallelujahs been third to city girl in conditions race,2nd poole harbour 4th to tropics in hot handicap at Windsor,the 3rd seeking magic been third at Epsom in class 2,the 4th burn the boats has won 30 runner handicap at the curragh.The ffth Harrison George has won twice on the bounce and the 6th khubalas won and been 4th to York glory in the Wokingham.Signor sassis only had the eight runs and open to improvement after that debut run as well.

crew cut

Will add on todays runner for to follows,sedate pace in this race and the complete opposite of previous ascot run pretty keen and with the pace.I'd be looking for bigger fields for crew cut with guaranteed pace and looks as though likes running through them.Was also quite a drifter considering previous run there inj a far better race than todays,even just watching the finish today was obvious the race was the complete opposite of what he needs.

That didn't take long KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM The ascot form was different class WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Just popped in to watch a few races took the 8/1!!!

mountiger

A couple of obvious ones mountiger winning at wolves today in a decent time of 1m47.50 although it has to be said the track was extremely quick but was only second run and open to loads of improvement.It's always worth keeping these onside as if they don't show on turf they can return to the aw and be far superior on the surfaces sometimes in comparison to their turf form!!

Hiking

Easy winner at Windsor and by 6ls on debut with loads of improvement to come add in the time only .78 slower than ribot boy winning off 83 but more than likely a 100 horse looking at its previous haydiock time the run of the 2yr old could be even better than first appears.

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM The clock never lies evens:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::ninja:Absoluitely relentless!!!!:lol::lol:Has to be close to best ever week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if I were a boy

Two very strange rides by martin lane recently riding the mare and eyecatching both times,she had been running well on the aw this was her grade tonight and she should be competitive in these races.She's currently running off 65 and although she doesn't win often is usually overpriced because of trainer .She sluiced up off 63 last season in august over windsors 1m2fs spread-eagling a field of 70 horses behind her and heavily backed,she's worth looking out for in decent ground races at the track as she's up to winning one of these when allowed to run her race!!

Last edited:
15:15 Wolverhampton (A.W.), 12 Aug 20135f 216y
British Stallion Studs E.b.f. Maiden Fillies' Stakes (Class 5) (2YO only)
Winner £2,911 - 11 ran
Standard

Archive Video
Weighed In

Result Future Form Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 Maroon, grey epaulets 11. Simple Magic (IRE) (4)ATR Tracker 4/5 Fav 2 9 - 0 William Buick
J H M Gosden
-
made all, clear over 1f out, easily
2 8 Pink, grey chevron, pink sleeves, grey stars, pink cap, grey star 8. Palace Princess (FR) (8)ATR Tracker 10/1 2 9 - 0 A Kirby
E A L Dunlop
-
towards rear, headway over 1f out, stayed on to take 2nd place near finish, no chance with winner
3 shd Dark blue, red disc, diabolo on sleeves, quartered cap 9. Rocksee (IRE) (6)ATR Tracker 28/1 2 9 - 0 Stephen Craine
Tom Dascombe
-
held up mid-division, headway over 2f out, ridden to go 2nd inside final furlong until close home
4 nk Yellow, black sash, black sleeves, yellow armlets, yellow cap, black star 5. Exceed Areeda (IRE) (5)ATR Tracker 12/1 2 9 - 0 N Callan
J Tate
-
tracked winner, ridden inside final furlong, lost 2 places near finish
5 2¾ Mauve and pink check, white sleeves, pink cap 1. Alquimia (IRE) (7)ATR Tracker 5/1 2Fav 2 9 - 0 S De Sousa
E A L Dunlop
-
mid-division, ridden over 1f out, one pace
6 1 Black, red disc, black and white check sleeves, white cap 3. Elite Freedom (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker 8/1 2 9 - 0 Catherine Gannon
Jo Hughes
-
tracked leaders, ridden over 2f out, weakened over 1f out
7 hd Yellow, dark blue epaulets, yellow sleeves, dark blue spots 2. Division Belle (3)ATR Tracker 80/1 2 9 - 0 M Dwyer
W R Muir
-
chased leaders, ridden over 1f out, faded entering final furlong
8 1½ Black, white diamond, white sleeves, black stars 12. Whispering Star (USA) (10)ATR Tracker 14/1 2 9 - 0 Martin Lane
D M Simcock
-
held up towards rear, effort over 1f out, never dangerous
9 ½ Light blue, royal blue stars 6. Maysville (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 28/1 2 9 - 0 F Norton
C Hills
-
always towards rear
10 4 White, emerald green sleeves, white armlets, emerald green cap 10. Shamouti (IRE) (1)ATR Tracker 33/1 2 9 - 0 J P Spencer
K A Ryan
-
held up mid-division, pushed along and weakened over 1f out
11 13 White, purple armlets, purple cap 4. Emerald Breeze (IRE) (12)ATR Tracker 66/1 2 9 - 0 William Carson
C Hills
-
in rear and outpaced
Pink, emerald green chevron, halved sleeves, quartered cap 7. Merry Me (IRE) (11)ATR Tracker Non Runner -

Off Time:15:16:21
Winning Time:1m 13.60s

Simple magic

A very fast time of 1m13.60 on the aw eased and hacking up by the filly,can't remember anything quicker 2yr old wise and considering the ease of the win probably one of the most impressive winners seen on the aw in recent times.Her form on the turf over 5fs previous looked average she may yet get a nice mark for nurserys,even if she doesn't repeat this run on turf she looks a top class aw horse.

Be ready

I got to watch this race while away and thought be readys run was pretty impressive for debut run behind somewhat the first two look group horses and the time of the race only .29 slower than gken moss winning later on the card.There looks loads to work with be ready and would imagine is a group horse although might not be a great deal of value such a good debut hard to ignore.

Barley mow,yuften

Two more that were outstanding on the newbury cards on the two days coming 1st and 2nd not sure how the ground compared on the two days but this race was 1.14 seconds slower than somewhats on the following day but lots of improvement to come from the pair.The time of the race also compared well to the very decent claimer on the card win by tatlisu beating balty boys .50 slower.Again hard to at least not have them noted with decent debuts.

Hors de combat

Another impressive winner from the fanshawe stable time looked ok for debut run,although the races on the straight weren't run at true pace but wasn't far off askauds time .42 rated 86 in the older handicap.The following day the nursery won by dancealot rated 73 running off 8-1 yet only .20 quicker than debut run of hors de combat the times aren't really comparable due to pace but the debutant carried 9-5 in the maiden so can only see it as a positive with improvement to come.

18:30 Thirsk, 12 Aug 20135f
British Stallion Studs E.b.f. Maiden Stakes (Class 4) (2YO only)
Winner £4,205 - 7 ran
Good to Soft

Weighed In

Result Future Form Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 White, light green epaulets and sleeves, red cap 3. Racing Mate (IRE) (8)ATR Tracker 14/1 2 9 - 5 F Tylicki
P W D'Arcy
-
in touch, headway and switched left final furlong, led last 100 yards, kept on well
2 1½ Yellow, purple hoops and armlets, hooped cap 1. Dutch Breeze (4)ATR Tracker 6/4 Fav 2 9 - 5 D Allan
T D Easterby
-
with leader, ridden over 2f out, led 1f out, kept on and headed last 100 yards
3 3 Royal blue 5. Wickhambrook (IRE) (6)ATR Tracker 7/4 2Fav 2 9 - 5 M Barzalona
Charlie Appleby
led, ridden over 1f out, headed 1f out, one pace inside final furlong
4 2 Claret, gold braid, claret sleeves, claret cap, gold tassel 9. Rock N Rouge (IRE) (3)ATR Tracker 8/1 2 9 - 0 Jim Crowley
D H Brown
-
dwelt, went left start, towards rear, headway 2f out, ridden over 1f out, kept on same pace
5 2½ Royal blue, light green stars on sleeves, royal blue cap, light green star 8. Lazy Sioux (7)ATR Tracker 25/1 2 9 - 0 R Fitzpatrick
R C Guest
-
dwelt, in rear, effort over 1f out, never dangerous
6 1¾ Black, pink spots, armlets and spots on cap 4. The Grumpy Gnome (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 6/1 2 9 - 5 T Hamilton
R A Fahey
-
always towards rear
7 6 Light blue and yellow check, light blue sleeves and cap 7. Lady Dancer (IRE) (1)ATR Tracker 100/1 2 9 - 0 A Elliott
G M Moore
-
close up, weakened over 2f out
Red, black seams, white sleeves, black armlets, black cap 2. Northern Water (5)ATR Tracker Non Runner -

Yellow, black triple diamond and armlets 6. City Zen (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker Non Runner -

Off Time:18:32:42
Winning Time:1m .54s

Racing mate

One of the most interesting of the weeks racing as trained by paul d'arcy so there is more chance of getting overlooked in the betting.Racing mates seasonal debut and only .47 slower than the winner of the 3yr old handicap angus og winning off 81 but carrying 8-10 racing mate off 9-5.With normal improvement nurseries would look a formality so the mark would be very interesting as could well be listed class and with slightly unfashionable trainer would be more than likely overlooked stepped up into that class.

Talented kid

Another horse Johnston has turned around fromlooking slow in bumpers to hacking up tonight at Windsor conceding the 82 rated 3yr old vanity rules 11 pound and a 3ls beating.The time of the race was fast by 1.08 seconds good considering ease of win and over a second quicker than al jamal winning off 76 in following race,that winner carrying 9-1 winning easily.Looks yet another Johnston horse to follow and the mark given will be very interesting.

Just back and myself and partner have been sick since coming back so I've just had brief look through with the above don't know how accurate the times etc are above but they should still be worth at least watching out for.

Last edited:
Back