Daily picks.

There is a bigger issue here. Winning on your own is soulless, Money is just money. The comradery of putting the inferiors on here into winners is intoxicating although I admit my initial motiviation was to bed an capall's first born.

I don't disagree and I am generally happy to share my figures and thoughts. I get a kick out of other people getting a return from horses I've told them I'm backing just as much as it disturbs me to an extent when I realise they may have lost money through 'following' me.

It's that when certain people take every opportunity to have a dig at me I don't think it's unreasonable for me to decide not to share my stuff widely. So one or two have left but for all I know they may be lurking.

One thing I have noticed, I have to say, is that since I stopped posting on the other forum the prices of my selections have held up a bit better but I don't know whether that's pure coincidence or if there are some serious hitters over there who agree with what I've said or whether I'm just not picking as many springers as then.

As far as usefulness is concerned..this thread is head and shoulders above other threads..ie..oh i think this will be a future star etc,,but at end of day i always believe that popularity on a racing form is mainly based on you being useless re providing winners...no one likes a winner,,people who lose will always pair up with those who lose similarily...and avoid anyone they think is good at the game..thats sort of born out on this thread...very few members actually post here as they don't really like winners

you can see the same thing on the "what you backing thread"....someone could post 10 x 20/1 winners on the trot..but losing punters (95% of punters apparently).....will only reply to someone who loses like they do..they actually resent the person putting the 20/1 winners up..and will only acknowledge someone they see the same as them

the best way to get on on a forum..is to be a loser..that way you will get treated like a person..once you show you can win..people resent it and pull away..so best post a load of losers up..and be popular

Spot on

The problem with the forums is that many people who dont know anything participate, it is like democracy, too many people voting......

wondering when someone will start a new topic with the weight for age affair

At the end of the day Gig has felt aggrieved about what has happened and will not post his picks anymore (for the moment anyway). I get the feeling that there are a few residents of this board who are very happy about that!

I wonder why?

thats pretty easy to answer..jealousy

this game is rife with it

it taints people's views..and as i posted earlier..people hate winners..it fooks their heads up..they want folk to lose so they are at a level with them

over the years..the most "popular" posters on forums are those who try hard but fail..like many punters do..so they have affinity with that type of poster.

obviously there are normal people out there who love to see someone do well and hopefully gain from their success themselves..but most attitude towards succes in this game is to ignore them..and possibly detest them for their success.... or try to run them down..you will see this played out on a lot of forums..its particularly prevalent on here unfortunately..you know who they are if you read this board regular..they not clever at hiding it..its like a badge with glowing lights

Last edited:
i understand your meaning..or i wouldn't post selections at all..but i'm not sure about the souless business if you don't share..money in account is paramount re survival for me personally

but i don't post my heart and soul..and i have a feeling G posts his whole repetoire..i feel thats a mistake if its the case

just throw crusts out G..keep the really big stuff close..especially if you have a way only you knows to gain that knowledge..because if you throwing your full repetoire out..then if prices shorten..you only have yourself to blame

the problem with forums generally is that no one really wants to reveal anything..but then again most punters lose over a period of time..so probably think they have no great angle to keep secret

this threads looks like someone (Gigilo) imo who actually lacks a little pre race confidence..but is a very good race reader..

As far as usefulness is concerned..this thread is head and shoulders above other threads..ie..oh i think this will be a future star etc,,but at end of day i always believe that popularity on a racing form is mainly based on you being useless re providing winners...no one likes a winner,,people who lose will always pair up with those who lose similarily...and avoid anyone they think is good at the game..thats sort of born out on this thread...very few members actually post here as they don't really like winners

you can see the same thing on the "what you backing thread"....someone could post 10 x 20/1 winners on the trot..but losing punters (95% of punters apparently).....will only reply to someone who loses like they do..they actually resent the person putting the 20/1 winners up..and will only acknowledge someone they see the same as them

the best way to get on on a forum..is to be a loser..that way you will get treated like a person..once you show you can win..people resent it and pull away..so best post a load of losers up..and be popular

Think this needs challenging, to be honest.

Speaking only for myself, I rarely have the time to study form mid-week, and very rarely venture into this thread; for two pricipal reasons; I have zero interest in what anyone else is backing, and I don't seek any kind of validation through these pages. I used to want to be respected when I was younger (and a much more frequent and enthusiastic forum contributor), but age was chiselled-away that part of my ego, and I frankly don't care if I'm considered a judge, a clown, or somewhere in between.

I used to plow a lone furrow on the F1 thread, but after a lean-run stretching over a couple of seasons, I can assure you that - as DO has hinted at - you do eventually tire of tipping losers that might cost other people money.

Insofar as the racing threads are concerned, I don't have a day-to-day outlook. As I've said, I don't have the time to look at cards every day, let alone do detailed research, and whilst I find the time :whistle: the deeper we get into the NH season, I'm still often limited to big races or meetings. My contribution is therefore more heavily-loaded towards these type of threads, and I frankly see nothing wrong with that as an approach.

Different people want different things from a forum. You can't compel people to post, and berating them for failing to contribute to your favourite threads, will achieve the reverse of what you want; people who feel brow-beaten will vote with their feet, and simply not contribute.

I hope and think that Gigilo will continue posting in the thread

his work is brilliant and i find amazing how someone can post so many winners , especially at this level.

but the forum has 2 positive things for him:

after posting so many winners, many people follows him in market with not high liquidity and he is able to lay some bets

and also we all know what a satisfaction is to provide winners to people and be recognized for it. We all have Our ego

the fact you will challenge that post Grass but never ever take time out to post on here with a positive outcome for the person whose thread it is (Gigilo)tells me a lot really.

to be honest..i don't really care who challenges anything i say on here anymore..i'll speak my mind..and if it don't go down well..tough

i've had plenty of folk shite on stuff i spent a long time posting on..now..i don't give a fook..you will see that over the coming months..i'll be speaking my mind..if it don't go down well..best choke on it then..i'll post whatever i feel..whenever i feel like it..and those with a gripe against me who never post when they agree..but are quick to post when they disagree... can go swing.

get used to it

Last edited:
Jesus this has turned into some monologue...if we expect gigolo to post again I'd suggest we cut down on the clutter on his thread.

i'll post what i want when i want Treffich..so don't be telling me to cut down,,who the fook are you anyway?..just a name on here to me..usually with little to say that has any interest to me...look at your post above..its so fawning i'm sorry for you

if your life revolves around relying on someone to post winners for you to the point where you are scared to "clutter up someone's thread"..then i'd be getting another life..really quickly..because that is pitiful lad if its your best posting..i really hope it ain't as it don't reflect well on you.....it isn't is it?..really?...oh dear

what are you?..some kind of scarety cat...ffs..where are we when we get to this point?...ooooh we better not clutter up G's thread he might not post anymopre..i'll have to throw mesen under a train if that happens..or stick me head in a oven

if i can guess..Gig will be enjoying some of this..the truth will out

Last edited:

Wilde inspiration might be worth a small bet off current mark,the ground might be on the quick side for him which would be a negative really needs some jiuce was 6th in the spring mile off 89 followed that up with a 3rd to you're fired at haydock off 89.He hasn't been at best since and mark has dropped to 81 lowest since august 2014 was 6th of 14 at haydock last time out for horses rated upto 90,tomorrow drops into this grade for first time since july 2014.If ground is a bit slower than haydock could run well with adam mcnamara taking him dowb to just 76...

Wilde inspiration 16/1 365 A big price is ground has juice in it,could well go off 10s tops a decent trade..

7/1 ran a cracker on ground to quick..nice profit..;)

7.45 Kempton

Another speculative bet but more obviously so major crispies usyally a runner you can discount especially at short prices have backed him at big prices before as has ability was rated 89 2015 and won off 85 but does tend to throw races away by his start and hanging he's one of those horses that at huge prices worth playing as has decent times on the clock.He's now also looking on downbgrade down to just a mark of 80 lowest since february 2014,he might be worth a toke bet tomorrow in this grade runs over 7fs at kemopton but last 4 runs over a mile on the aw has been 4/5/3/3 off 85 three of those runs at this track.He's only ever won twice from 42 races and trainers had a nightmare season but iof he's ever going to run well will be in this grade..The fav looks obvious as only improver in race and likely front runner..

Major crispies 20/1 365 looks massive rick despite poor trainer form,decent trade

Chinned another nice profit even hgave you the forecast!!£18..:cool:

G

you know if i clutter your thread up with truths?..will you stop posting?...let me know as i have the oven ready just in case:)..or i can nip down to train station and get under next northbound intercity125..do they still run?:)

Last edited:
8.15 Kempton

Red rannagh has gone off very short pricves last two runs did run exteemely well in a hot handicap at goodwood 6th of 15 off 87 staying on strongly has run twice since in weaker races 3rd to quebee although respectable run and last time out 3rd to mengli khan going off 11/4fav.
The time of that race was ok nothing special for horses with these ratings so would be hard to say much value in price again,but as slightly bigger than previous runs plus this does look slightly weaker then worth a small bet with only eight lifetime runs with three for david simcock..

Red rannagh 7/2 lads 3/1 365

Goes off 11/8 and of course ruins the multiples being unplaced although still returned stake,decent day with no winners...

G

you know if i clutter your thread up with truths?..will you stop posting?...let me know as i have the oven ready just in case:)..or i can nip down to train station and get under next northbound intercity125..do they still run?:)

Thought I was on wrong thread for a minute:blink: you are right about lack of replys cand when they are it always when it's around something negative to be honest that's the way most forums are since I've been on any I thibnk it's the nature of a lot of gamblers attitudes you only have to read betfair to see it.I expect it anyway,as long as the winners keeop going in then the thread stays quiet...:ninja:

yeah..it fooks me off when people find the time to be negative,,but are always really short of time when a positive is required..funny that int it?

keep going G...you good at it..folk enjoy reading and getting on..and the jealous ones only post when times are like today..the badge is easy to read..keep going chap

I don`t think your thread has ever had so many postings in one day Giggsy ,good luck and thanks for your efforts ,:cool:

Back