Daily picks.

You'd be more profitable if no firm proced up overnight in my opinion.

Not so sure about that as you still have Betfair to contend with. Personally I'd rather have firms pricing up over night. If they get it wrong you can get on and if they don't you can hope that they drift next day. Otherwise there is such a thing as not having a bet if the price is not right. Seems like in the main it has been working pretty well for G with overnight prices.

What i was actually doing was moaning about pearl blue 9/2,i was hoping i was going to see 10/1 off my to follows from last year i think its probably a mid 90s horse.They're going 9/2 rafaf and blue pearl absolute joke.

You're probably right but PB is tissued at 6/1 and is the spotlight selection. Be very surprised if it sp was not bigger than 9/2.

The trouble is brendan there's no way of ever getting any decent multiples on and thats where i used to get big hits even just driving round.Now the only multis i can do are on a saturday and then most of those end up like last saturdays if i'm lucky on shorter prices doing half adozen of the same bet with different firms.:blink:

Bring back tote trios,dual fcasts and hills special tricast races on 6 horse handicap chases!:<3:

It had occurred to me that potentially your selections would be dynamite in multiples rather than working hard on the trades.

Last edited:
Everything brendan but mostly on the aw as you can see the bets in advance on just two aw cards,as opposed to having 15-20 picks on the turf daily when there's 5/6 meetings.It's hard to have the foresight to narrow them down,because once the turf has started i can be betting in most races.

Not so sure about that as you still have Betfair to contend with. Personally I'd rather have firms pricing up over night. If they get it wrong you can get on and if they don't you can hope that they drift next day. Otherwise there is such a thing as not having a bet if the price is not right. Seems like in the main it has been working pretty well for G with overnight prices.
Sadly I only have a limited number of accounts with Boylesports so it's more a case of if the price is wrong overnight you can't get on and if it's wrong in the morning you don't back it as it's too short.

I agree with you on that SC and remember it well - some of the EP's are at best guesses (take the Down Royal horse last year) and the prices about Never Forget when PP priced her up for the amateur riders race at Saint-Cloud.

Why don't you have an account with B365, they price overnight and allow reasonable sums to back?

Pearl Blue was available at 7/1 briefly this morning before the bet down began.

Sadly only have a limited number of accounts with them Brendan - the account in my own name lasted about 12 months longer than it should have mind.

Bet365 prices are for show; not for dough.
In my experience anyway.
They're very quick to hit you with "account closed" stick ........... 'specially if you have backed a couple at higher-than-SP odds.
(Saying that, I do regret not being able to have an account with them.).

1pt trade oojooba 9/2 hills
.05ptew
Out just now at 3.75. Lovely trade.

Out 3.9 will do me today,i havn't backed pearl blue probably be another 4/5 non runners will end up 3/1.:blink:

Last edited:
Bet365 prices are for show; not for dough.
In my experience anyway.
They're very quick to hit you with "account closed" stick ........... 'specially if you have backed a couple at higher-than-SP odds.
(Saying that, I do regret not being able to have an account with them.).

Out just now at 3.75. Lovely trade.

Not sure what constitutes dough but I'm usually able to get my bets on. I do a lot of my business with them though to include US sports and poker so maybe I get a "house" bonus as long as I dont get too greedy.

some of the EP's are at best guesses (take the Down Royal horse last year) and the prices about Never Forget when PP priced her up for the amateur riders race at Saint-Cloud.

With hindsight we shouldn't have backed it with Bet365 and left all the firms go 33/1. The problem is that paranoia wins the day and you assume if you don't take the price someone else will. The horse should never have been a general 10/1 chance when all the firms priced up with the connections it had.

Fair enough. I have no doubt that the closure of both my Bet365 accounts ( consecutive accounts, I should add -- not both at the same time) was undoubtedly initiated by me arbing the bejasus out of them (primarily horseracing), and embracing every offer they had going -- 4/1+ Ch4 free bets etc.
Not sure what constitutes dough but I'm usually able to get my bets on.
My bets were always €40 a time -- never more. Even so, neither account lasted long.
I'm of the opinion that an account will be "gubbed" by most bookmakers sooner-or-later. It's the one immutable law of the universe. :)
May as well just "rape" the account while you still have it.

Arbing can only been done long term through the shops. I would never arb with Bet365 because the day I need to back an unraced 2yo where else can I go?

On The Bridle has no friends anywhere so Martin will be fine...

I am not the snitch and am the proud holder of a very well protected Boyles telephone account that I am just about holding on to. I use it to back the odd live one with them but never before 11:pm and throw them a few bones with Del Boy's rags :lol:. Stan James closed, Bet365 closed, now open in wife's maiden name but my prized possession is a 12 year old Powers phone account that they will take buckets on....

Did you back pearl blue brendan different class will be nearer the hundred mark soon!

1pt trade spas dancer 14/1 lads

Out at 9.8!!!!

Last edited:
Back