Derby weekend at the Curragh

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
its relevant to your post - suggesting that when Queally gets beat folk will just knock him for sake of it

Exactly. Who mentioned Queally today? No-one.

As jockeys go, he has been the embarassment of the season. Blaming Cecil in public after the SJP (when SHC said very clearly what the plan was, making Queally look foolish, or perhaps unable to understand basic english) can't have gone down well either. He is living on borrowed time. He's be exposed as the level he's really at quite quickly should he not ride Cecil's horses anymore.

Last edited:
Carlton House looks a strong lay looking at the sire stats

Street Cry
13% overall strike rate
8% stiff tracks
4% 12f+
7% Right Handed
8% Easy ground [only 3% on soft]

Yes, all correct - but you are missing out on the fact this horse is really special. I am not betting, but trust me, this horse is something out of the ordinary.

The Railway Stakes is a good contest. The early 7/2 and 10/3 Tough As Nails is gone but it would not surprise me to see those prices available tomorrow. Richard Hannon's Lilbourne Lad and Aiden O'Brien's Choir are certain to be supported. Choir will obviously improve from the it's first run which in terms of form adds up to nothing. Don't forget B Fifty Two who beat Lilbourne Lad in Newmarket was well held by Power at Royal Ascot in 5th. On the formbook Tough As Nails is very much the one to beat. Any 3/1 or bigger looks the best bet on the card for me tomorrow.

Any strong opinions on the handicaps would be good!

The Railway Stakes is a good contest. The early 7/2 and 10/3 Tough As Nails is gone but it would not surprise me to see those prices available tomorrow. Richard Hannon's Lilbourne Lad and Aiden O'Brien's Choir are certain to be supported. Choir will obviously improve from the it's first run which in terms of form adds up to nothing. Don't forget B Fifty Two who beat Lilbourne Lad in Newmarket was well held by Power at Royal Ascot in 5th. On the formbook Tough As Nails is very much the one to beat. Any 3/1 or bigger looks the best bet on the card for me tomorrow.

Any strong opinions on the handicaps would be good!

5:30 – Jim Bolgers – Toraidhe 20/1 – 4 runs over C/D – 1st, 6th, 3rd & 2nd although he’d probably prefer cut – worth an e/way dabble at the price as he clearly likes the track.

Owners Ballylinch Stud runners trained by Jim Bolger at the Curragh last 5 years

Janey Muddles 1st
Spinning Well 2nd
Majestic Dancer 3rd
Kayd Kodaun 9th
Modeeroch 4runs 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd.
Priority Rock 2runs 6th & 7th
Danielli 2runs 6th & 18th
Faraday Light – last of 24
Requested Pleasure – 3runs 4th, 1st, 10th.

Ballylinch Stud Curragh Record All Trainers(5years)
3wins from 19runs

Record trained by Bolger(5years)
2wins & 6places from 16runs

They run Lady Wingfoot in the 1:40 – with After(A P O’Brien/Moore) likely to be fav or 2nd fav and has already been btn easily twice by Bolger 2yo’s, including Janey Muddles also owned by Ballylinch Stud and from the same sire (Lawman) as Lady Wingfoot.
Lawman has also produced 4winners from 9 runners who have raced.

The plot thickens in my mind anyway. :ninja:

any rain in the night?

No Sunybay and it's a fine drying day today - going changed to good to yielding before second last yesterday. Colin who ride our yoke in the maiden said it was still very much on the soft side of good bit with the wind will get very close to good ground today. Still sweet on TB??

My main bet of the day has been a speculative EW lump on Lechavalier Choisi in the Scurry at 25/1, paying first 5. Amazingly enough 3 year olds have w decent record here with 6 of the last ten winners being of the classic generation.

He hosed up in a maiden over 5 at Navan and got some fancy entries after that. He then tried to give Geraldine's Lass 2 stone at Tipp only beaten a neck. In both these runs he looked to be crying out for further. He was then over faced over 5f against Inexile at the very easy Cork. He is drawn very well in 26 and only has the 50/1 shot Tornado Dancer to beat...:whistle:

You now want to be drawn high up against the stands rail. I have to double check myself.

Speaking of the draw - Lechevalier Cross in the 2.40 in of interest from a draw of 26. I noticed Kevin Blake had napped it in the Irish Field. I can see why he has gone for it looking at his Tipperary. 25/1 around but 20/1 with 6 places with Ladbrokes.

I think the stiff track point against the favourite in the Derby and have backed Seville. He's not useless as the Dante form has been boosted and today's race will be more suitable for him than Epsom. There is a history of Aiden's supposed second strings running well in the race as well.

Speaking of the draw - Lechevalier Cross in the 2.40 in of interest from a draw of 26. I noticed Kevin Blake had napped it in the Irish Field. I can see why he has gone for it looking at his Tipperary. 25/1 around but 20/1 with 6 places with Ladbrokes.

See about five posts up - the ultimate insult, even Gearoid won't read my posts anymore....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
SHUKHOV should go very well in the first! Dis-regard his first run, he missed the break and will be a much improved horse today.

I like Seville in the Derby and Croisultan in the Premier.

Sorry Swedish, I did read your post. I got a text and just put it straight on here. Who needs a text when you had the hard work done for us :lol:

No problem the only thing lacking was the win :( I was on 9/2 early hours but made the fatal mistake of not trading.

I've gone for Tough As Nails and Glor Na Mara(e/way Ladbrokes) in next two races - hope for better luck.

Back