Dubai Carnival 2010

Well I couldn't have been more wrong with my predictions!

I think the Dubai goldmine has closed!

:lol: Just watched the replay there. Safe to say he didn't have a few quid on Sir Gerry. Ah Jim Jim Jim...

Anyone else really like Sabotage in the 6.15 today? Still an improving horse, crying out for a return to 14f, went down by a nose when trying to give Group 3 winner Akmal weight on his last start at that trip. Seems to be in against mainly exposed sorts. Likeable as Record Breaker is, I much prefer him going right-handed over 12f. Age of Reason is half the price in some places but I think Dettori would be on Sabotage if he could do the weight. Surprised you can get 6/1, I'd have made him favourite.

Quite like Quai D'Orsay in the race myself, 1m6f is his trip and he's off a low weight. Agree completely about Record Breaker. A watching brief for me today though bar some silly e/w multiples.

Only horse I've backed is Ocean's Minstrel at 66/1, he ran a lot better than his position suggested last week when cutting out the running in a much higher grade.

Only horse I've backed at the moment is Naval Officer in the 17:40. Think for a horse who was badly hampered on his only start on turf in Dubai, has won over the distance and who's been kept for the race he's a big price. He made most people's 6 to follow in the Meydan pull-out last week, is with a top trainer who can often improve a horse no end (see Big City Man last year) and is up against a number of horses who you'd say would have pretty hefty doubts hanging over them (Front House, Frozen Fire, Kalahari Gold) or doubts over form (Crowded House, Oiseau De Feu).

Crowded House's price is laughable to be honest. Oiseau De Feu looks a solid e/w bet in the race.

Alexandros had far too much pace for them though Crowded House ran well without ever being put in the race to win it.

De Kock will be doing wonders to get a decent win out of Frozen Fire. Wonder how much a horse like him would go for.

I think my main bet of the day is Mutheeb in the last - I really liked this horse last year, and his removal (perhaps temporary) from Godolphin isn't a negative what with the amount of horses they let go for the carnival that turn out for another trainer and win.

I think My Indy is the main danger to his stablemate, and at 8 he's well worth a bet.

Mutheeb won very well yesterday i thought - not able topost up beforehand as off work ill but couldnt believe his price compared with Stoic.

Cumani could have a very good day today with the ex-Lyons horses. The ex-Oxx filly should go well as well and i think Judd Street each way is around twice the price i thought he would be at 16.

Not the greatest fare today.

Golden Sword looks very short at around 5/2 (forecast). If he opens up at that, I'd lay him win and place over 1m1.

Looking forward to seeing Mendip in the first - could be something special.

Topclas could go better than last week where the draw didn't help.

Looking forward to seeing Palazzone in the 3:05 (7:05)!! Very competitive race (as most are) but hoping for a place. COME ON THE ZONE!!!

Nope, my cousins. But he lives in Paris and i represent when he's not back in Ireland. Couldnt make Dubai unfortunately, but sure next year Rodney...next year..

Good Luck Hezz :)

Backed Indian Chant @ 66/1 in the big sprint - for a horse who's proven on the surface and has decent form (albeit a couple of years ago) he's a massive price. Reports in the RP suggest the front two will both come on for the run and Tadgh O'Shea expects him to be in the shake up so hoping he retains enough ability to come through (times from his Presque Isle Downs run compare favourably with those for the sprints at Meydan run thus far this year).

Back