Dubai Carnival 2010

His last run was so impressive and the time was exceptional, the field is weaker this time. Take a brave man to lay him but best of luck to you Luke.

He's not my price to back either.

A very decent run from Palazzone, Hezz. It would be interesting to see a head on view, looks like he might have got squeezed up a bit, but for which would have been a couple of places nearer.

I presume war artist was beaten looking at the betdaq screen on my iPhone.laid him at 1.97-sometimes it pays to be a cynic.

A very decent run from Palazzone, Hezz. It would be interesting to see a head on view, looks like he might have got squeezed up a bit, but for which would have been a couple of places nearer.

Indeed, a cracker Grey. Top 6 was the ultimate aim/hope and so it proved. Top run. He definitely got squeezed alright, whether it cost him a place or more i'm not sure. Initial thought would be i doubt it, but i haven't seen a replay.

Cavalryman was a colt of huge potential, they should stop buying horses from elsewhere, they simply fuck them up.

I think Skysurfers bounced and will be a nice price on WC night for the Godolphin Mile now.

An absurd decision which has no racing sense about it whatsoever. He was a "typical" Fabre horse, moronic stuff from them.

No sense at all - particularly when I believe they've left at least one of last seasons 3yos in the "Godolphin SNC" colours to be trained by Fabre (Cutlas Bay)

Dar re mi 10/1 for the Sheema - surely this must be the bet of the meeting? She has shown she is perfectly capable of performing well early season the last 2 years, and looked likely to place in the Arc until outstayed right at the end. The Sheema shouldn't place as much emphasis on stamina due to the Arc being run at a faster pace than most 1m4 Group 1s, and with Youmzain never performing in Dubai and Cavalryman not at his last year best 3 weeks ago, she must go close.

I would expect her to beat Spanish Moon, as she did in the States, and behind her are only Group 2/3 animals. I think she has a cracking chance each way at 10s.

I don't think Youmzain "never performs" in Dubai. He's run ok, just usually up the arse of others. It's a shorter straight at Meydan than Nad Al Sheba, isn't it? Not going to get any better....

Dar Re Mi certainly does look a nice bet at 10s, assuming the vibes from Gosden are positive.

Cavalryman is easy enough to take on (switched to Godolphin, great) and whilst I'm still a Spanish Moon fan, he shouldn't be 4 points shorter after Santa Anita... which brings me to Presious Passion, who of course got loose at the front and beat them both home that day! I'm sure he'll be given a bit more respect this time around, though a few quid on him placing might be worth an interest.

Are there any longshots with Meydan experience worth looking at? It's not a race unused to nice priced place horses.

I'm waiting for final decs before looking at the races in greater detail as you don't have as much info on who is likely to line up etc as you do for something like Cheltenham (all perfectly natural, of course).

I do think Vision d'etat is a cracking price for the World Cup, which has no stand out performers. Whilst he is at the top of the market, I do think he is being underestimated, especially when you take into account his 1m2 performances last year.

Skysurfers could be interesting in the mile, and I liked Mendip before his last race (posted on here but didn't back him) and think he's the one to beat in the UAE Derby.

Any fancies?

I do think Vision d'etat is a cracking price for the World Cup, which has no stand out performers. Whilst he is at the top of the market, I do think he is being underestimated, especially when you take into account his 1m2 performances last year.

I like him a lot; as I mentioned after his Hong Kong win he's only been beaten once at less than 12f (his re-appearance/Ganay prep last year), a run which includes the Prix du Jockey Club, the Prix Ganay, the Prince of Wales and the Hong Kong Cup. Obvious question marks about how he'll take to the surface, though.

Other than that, I suppose the race revolves around your opinion of Gio Ponti and Twice Over's performances in the BC Classic. I'm currently leaning towards the view that they may have been slightly over-rated in that race due to their proximity to a winner who won pretty easily despite going round the houses.

Which horse who runs on Saturday is currently 50/1 and:

a) won a G1 two runs ago
b) was touched off in a Classic last season
c) has had a prep run
d) has an adjusted official rating within a pound or two of the best in the race

Back