Dubai Carnival 2010

Good run for you Hezz.

I've laid Bridge of Gold for a place in the next at 1.72. I wasn't impressed by his Lingfield win (I backed him for small stakes) and think he will struggle off this mark.

Cheers Hamm. Delighted, thought he ran a cracker. Got a nice run on the rail but he still had to go about his business and i thought he did it nicely. One of only three 4yo's in the race he's on the right progression curve.

Gayego should be odds on - top class animal and Godolphin going well.

Can't see War Artist beating him unless he bombs out.

Frozen Fire. If anyone can improve a AOB runner it will be de Kock. Soumi won't take any nonsense this time. Big price on ability. Claremont a big danger.

Frozen Fire. If anyone can improve a AOB runner it will be de Kock. Soumi won't take any nonsense this time. Big price on ability. Claremont a big danger.

Frozen Fire might pick up a race but I would be amazed if it was on the firm ground of Dubai and he will need everything to fall right for him. He will be an expensive purchase I would think.

I think Leahurst is short enough at Evens in the 4.15 today, he won like a group animal last time out but the step back to 6f doesn't convince me at all and I think he could be beaten today by a seasoned sprinter. At the prices, Star Crowned at 16s and Aichi at 13/2 look decent each-ways. I'm also not convinced a low draw is a positive over shorter distances at Meydan.

How is Emirates Champion 6/4??

It looks a competitive handicap, and whilst i'd agree about the low draw over shorter trips, over longer I think it's a disadvantage - horses racing wide find it difficult to last home, and that leaves you the option of making up a lot of ground in the home stretch.

May just lay the favourite there, but tempted by Quai d'orsay and Hot Six.

Also, Musir looks too short from that draw in the 2000 Guineas. He'll most likely have to be dropped in meaning he'll need to pass a lot of horses in the straight.

How is Emirates Champion 6/4??

It looks a competitive handicap, and whilst i'd agree about the low draw over shorter trips, over longer I think it's a disadvantage - horses racing wide find it difficult to last home, and that leaves you the option of making up a lot of ground in the home stretch.

May just lay the favourite there, but tempted by Quai d'orsay and Hot Six.

Hot Six for me too;)

Dubai Sheema Classic might hot up with rumours that Japanese super filly Buena Vista will be making the journey over after her victory in Kyoto today.

From the RP....

STAR filly Buena Vista, the 1.5 favourite in the field of 13 runners, held off Jaguar Mail to win the Group 2 Kyoto Kinen on Saturday at Kyoto racecourse.

Half a length separated the two, while, third, another one and a half lengths behind, was Dream Journey, the Arima Kinen winner.

Buena Vista, who has won three Grade 1s, might run next in the Dubai Sheema Classic on World Cup day, March 27, her connections reported.

The winning daughter of Special Week was in receipt of 2kg from Jaguar Mail, and was partnered by Norohiro Yokoyama, for trainer Hiroyoshi Matsuda.

Buena Vista, who earned £432,000 for winning on Saturday, had previously finishedrunner-up to Dream Journey in the Arima Kinen at Nakayama in December.

Some really good stuff there today...Vale Of York, Calvaryman, Skysurfers, Presvis, Golden Sword etc all in action.

Cheers Gal, punching above his weight but he's been balloted out of every handicap so need to get a run into him.

War Artist probably the most likely winner on the card but he's no price.

I hope Cavalryman isn't ruined by Godolphin!

Great day's racing.

Does anyone think Skysurfers is a little big at 7/4?

I may back Mendip each way in the first.

War Artist would be a lay at anything under 6/5.I know he did it well the last day
but he has a deserved reputation for getting chinned at short prices in running.

Back