Dundalk 2011

What price will Glor na Mara be.Maybe a large lay to get the bank holiday weekend off to a flying start.

He'll get action at about 5/2 I'd say. It's a poor enough maiden. He has a stone in hand but..... I'd nearly back him at 11/4 - 3/1. Would you lay him at 3/1??

Poor card tomorrow night. Heading up but not with the same interest as other nights.

What's the scene like at the track at these meetings? I was there a couple of years ago; the restaurant was a great night but outside of it the place was like a morgue.

I made a tidy profit the last couple of years but haven't gotten stuck in so far this year. The English raiders have made the decent handicaps far trickier to solve and I'm getting fairly wary of track bias; am I the only one who thinks it is becoming particularly difficult to come from off the pace in races less than a mile? Then again, maybe they are just going a slower gallop.

Last edited:
Still a morgue trackisde528. Pity, as I love the track and facilities are very good.

I usually don't be in the restaurant, but actually will be tonight. It'll suit for tonights card for me, as i've said, i don't have the usual interest. Bitter cold as well, as the track is in such an open space, so will enjoy tonight indoors.

There are 14 bookmakers pitches in Dundalk of which it is rumoured that 9 of which are Barney O'Hare's of Bar One racing. There is mo competition and therefore no Market and it's hard to get a decent bet on.
They bet to huge over-rounds and very frequently the returned SP is bigger than was ever available on the track!!

I honestly think if they sorted out the row with the other bookmakers and got some decent layers there the punters would go there in their droves!

My only bet for tonight at Dundalk will be Crystal Morning EW 12/1 (WH & Coral) in the 7:25. She won off 74 earlier in the year on good to firm and has been as high as 82. She runs tonight off 78. She got absolutely murdered LTO and was eased down beaten a total of 5.5 lengths. CM had been reasonably busy but has been freshened up with an all-weather campaign planned. Shane Foley takes over from Fran tonight and that is no bad thing. She is drawn 13 which isn't great but over a mile should not be as bad as 6f or 1m2f . She will need luck in running in an open race and is a sporting bet at these odds.

Three wins, three places, one losing race in six and one no bet race. I'll be back.

A rare Friday night in, more money-printing at Dundalk. Two winners and three places, all decent prices.

The Lodge Road at 16/1 E/W in the last.

Ansaab had an entry for the Champion Stakes at the start of the season. To say he has been a disappointment would be an understatement. 1m 2f is his trip but I'd say Hong Kong might be where he will end up.

Ansaab had an entry for the Champion Stakes at the start of the season. To say he has been a disappointment would be an understatement. 1m 2f is his trip but I'd say Hong Kong might be where he will end up.

Finally getting his act together. Thought he did that well tonight - he still has time.

Finally getting his act together. Thought he did that well tonight - he still has time.

I had no bet. That horse has cleaned me. KP thinks a lot of him. He was thrashing everything on the gallops at the start of the year.. They even took big prices on Betfair for the English 2000 Guineas. Signally the biggest disappointment in the yard this year.

I'm in Dundalk tomorrow night - happy if all moral certs could be passed on...:whistle:

I'm in Dundalk tomorrow night - happy if all moral certs could be passed on...:whistle:

Going myself - will be on the lash so be warned. Oxx's in the maiden is a moral as is Ashton Rose off topweight in the 7f handicap. Other than that the pints are always fresh!

Sitting here with the mouth full of ceasar salad...dermot mcloughlin says majestic bright "wont be far away"..8:50

Nice looking card tomorrow night, unfortunately won't make it up.

The first time i've looked at a Dundalk card in probably a year when i've really felt confident of making some proper bank.

Can't see either Foot Perfect (6:55) or Joe Eile (9:15) out of the places. Both currently priced up @ 8/1. Wasabis House should take the first.

Worth noting that the handicapper seems to have already factored in the reassessment of marks that traditionally took place at the end of the season, meaning that virtually all horses have been dropped at least 3lbs (ostensibly to guard against inflation of the handicap I would imagine).

Either that or the handicapper has suddenly become extremely generous!

Yup he did it early so that the neighbours accross the pond wouldn't fill their boots.

Some huge anomolies with horses getting dropped as much as 7 lbs.

I like Duff off 95 tonight at anything bigger than 5/1 with no rule 4 and Eastern Rules in the last.
Have nibbled at a couple of live outsiders in the Nursery and the 1m 4f handicap.

I like Duff off 95 tonight at anything bigger than 5/1 with no rule 4 and Eastern Rules in the last.

I've already given you the winners for BOTH of these races. I don't know why you insist on throwing your money away. You're hanging around with that del boy too much....picking up bad habits...

I've already given you the winners for BOTH of these races. I don't know why you insist on throwing your money away. You're hanging around with that del boy too much....picking up bad habits...

He wishes he had my bad habits, they might be horrendous, but they arent in his league.

Back