Dundalk 2011

Thanks. I owe the lad I did the bet with €185 so the docket would kill two birds with the one stone :lol:

Last edited:
Lingfield make-up 5.6L / 7 races, night following day...

What was the price on the unders Steve?

Have you always been Steve T or have you changed name?

I thought you were SteveM sorry if I got it wrong :blink: It's ok just seen the members list - my mistake.

Nice tipping yet again Steve T.

Last edited:
Hezz-caught late at a meeting in Dublin. lads have decided to skip Dundalk and go on the piss in Drogheda instead. Catch up again

No worries Barry. A great night overall, was looking out for you, we'll take the bookies the next night! Went up with a crew for the birthday and had a super nights crack and a profitable evenings punting. But a night of "What could have been"

Bible Black was disappointing in the first. A winner if it had have stayed to the rail. Not Keegans finest moment.

He almost made up for it in the 2nd with a corker on Red Army Blues. Another stride and we were all on a 20/1 winner.

Had the forecast with Balmont Mast and Gleadharadh. Very happy with that. President Lincoln's form took a knock with Elusive Express running poorly in the 2nd, so remembering they had form that tied in along with 3 or 4 Guinness in me at the time meant I got very bullish about the forecast and was telling anyone that would listen to get on! Paid 18's and cloud nine was reached. Also had Gleadharadh at 3's in the market without BM so it was guaranteed a profitable night from that moment.

Bible Black, Red Army blues and actually called the tricast in the BM, Gleadharadh, PL race meant it was a night of what could have been. But I suppose you will always have that feeling leaving a ractrack. Thats what brings you back I suppose!!

Can't wait for the next meeting....although not the next birthday. Still not the better of it!! Serious porter downed :)

Yes , definite concerns over the trip being sharp on first glance but the dam is from a precocious black type family. Usually has an early type for this owner and his horses are running well already. Hard to see him out for the first three.

Great call Sheikh!! Felt fierce unlucky with Bible Black but Snowflake Dancer did it well! Super Stuff.

Under distances 8.25 @ 6/4 Hills.

Made up at 3.65L for 6 races and an unfortunate 7L in the 7.00, quite what the claimer thought he was doing leathering it when he was 5/6L clear is anyone's guess!

Last edited:
7 lengths winners at Dundalk are probably a stone and a half underrated!! Time check required!

I rode my luck for everything it was worth at Dundalk tonight.A place lay on Toraidhe would have finished me until Aintree-kept winning steadily
after that.I love Dundalk -especially when the wife is away for the weekend.

Home alone tonight, missus has gone to the National, thing I'll play along in here.

Two for you tonight BM - Barrow Island in the 8:30 and Maximo in th 9:00. Think I have gone into more detail on the Today's Fancy thread. Maximo is ready to do the job - very consistent and would have been out earlier but for a pulled muscle. Was working seriously seriously well till that happened - they eased off him and have brought him back to the boil. Would be a certainty before the setback but still pretty confident. The market is all over the place with the withdrawl of the favourite but I would suspect he will drift to a decent price later on. Connections are not punters.

I'm dundalk bound now, Final Recovery ew in the 8.00 and Barrow Island in the 8.30 are the two i'm interested in.

Small money on Ballybacka Lady in the 7.00 and Strandfield Lady in the 9.00.

Back