Dunguib

I would have thought a big field around a track like Galway would not be the most ideal of starting points for him. Could have chose a more suitable opener.

Lovely horse in bad hands.

the course not ideal and they dont use a jockey either,
in hands of Mullins or Henderson could be a top one but this has a bad looking.

Best bumper horse of the last 20 years in my opinion is Morley Street.Had a real swagger about him in his bumpers before winning a Champion Hurdle,Breeders Cup Chase and being beaten a short head in a Doncaster Cup.

Did me for a placepot that paid over 500 when he came 4th in the Sun Alliance and I had him with a 20/1 winner when he was beaten a short head at 50s in the Doncaster Cup.Despite that I have a soft spot for the horse-who could forget THAT Aintree hurdle.

Easy easy for Dunguib - jumped fine.

In hindsight, with Galway using the same hurdles Fairyhouse use I guess this was a good intro ahead of the Grade 1 there.

Any chance he will go straight for the Champion Hurdle ?..massive price at the moment ..he is six going on seven and a year older than Huricane Fly...

Was there today and he was impressive but what he beat was pure muck and he did hit one of the hurdles hard enough

Maybe Champion straight away?

the novice division is not in his league

And the Champion principles are there to be beaten by him???

I wouldn't like to be going for the Royal Bond with him. While it was a slowly run race last year it can be a pretty tough event so early in the season. If I were them I think I'd go for a winners race and step him up in grade at Crimbo. As for the Champion, it takes a special novice with no jumping issues to win a Champion. Think of the likes of Alderbrook and Royal Gait who were very sharp hurdlers and had flat speed. I just wonder would Dunguib's jumping hold up after only three or four runs?

I did not think he was as widely impressive at first glance, I thought he looked a little weary at the line and the jockey did feel the need to nudge him out after the last. Running again in two weeks time and then presumably again at Christmas - busy enough campaign regardless of how easy he appears to be winning.

Back