Epsom Derby 2012

Would love to see him win too but I don't think anything should be that kind of price going around Epsom for the first time. Laid.

I backed him at 5/2 before the Guineas. Instead of laying off I've taken a price on Bonfire. He's the only danger in such a small field with the likely lack of pace.

I backed him at 5/2 before the Guineas. Instead of laying off I've taken a price on Bonfire. He's the only danger in such a small field with the likely lack of pace.

i think the pacemaker will be the only danger..if there are any chinks in the fav then Astrology could win comfy..i might just have a few quid on Astrology

I thought 50/1 W/O Minimise Risk was a big price considering he was 50/1 on the show at the time!

A very good winner, hats off to Astrology who was surely running on his own merits. Anf of course Main Sequence who ran tremendous in his first defeat

Last edited:
Fantastic. He's a gorgeous horse. Hope he stays sound for a Leger bid. Didn't look like he was stopping there.

So is he that good, or was it a poor Derby? Can't wait to find out, but i'm not laying him again!

Last edited:
Great performance feel sick as a dog was under-bidder for him in 2010 not that the bidding war would ever have ended.

Hope he races against Frankel over 1m 2f at some point this season. A match up in the Eclipse would be exciting. Can't see it happening though unfortunately.

So is he that good, or was it a poor Derby? Can't wait to find out, but i'm not laying him again!

even though they have tried to stop the sectionals with **** camera angles i can can still calculate them with video overlays of other derbys..the sectionals will reveal how good a Derby winner he is ..will do them in a bit

Irish Derby/Eclipse, Juddmonte, St Leger and Arc hopefully. Sea The Stars did the same apart from he did the Irish Champion instead of the St Leger.

Last edited:
he might not post again

We can but hope...

I'm optimistic this will turn out to be a good Derby despite a third of the small field being no-hopers: unbeaten 2000G winner demolishes the field by 5l despite not handling the hill; the only other unbeaten runner finishes 2nd; an 11-length trial winner 3rd and the Listed-LTO-winning full-brother to a St Leger winner 4th. Only the Dante winner failed to run to form and he patently hated the track.

Back