Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Forest Bihan has been ruled out of the remainder of the season after sustaining an injury when successful in last month's Old Roan Chase

Sad to post that Make A Stand best known for his win in the 1997 Smurfit Champion Hurdle under AP McCoy for Martin Pipe has passed away.

Sad to report that Brio Conti of Paul Nichols is no more after suffering a freak accident on the gallops (loose horse galloping back down the gallops hit him head on. Loose horse survived)

Sad to report that Brio Conti of Paul Nichols is no more after suffering a freak accident on the gallops (loose horse galloping back down the gallops hit him head on. Loose horse survived)

Oh bless him - we had two mounted games ponies do that at a competiton one time - hardest nursing job I think I ever had for the survivor. Hope his rider is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dicosimo, sadly PTS this morning after sustaining a serious injury after his fall in the last yesterday at Newbury.

Buveur D'Air after finishing with splinter of wood in his hoof on Saturday. Makes that run even more impressive, bless him. Not sure how long he will be out.

Was It’s Jennifer OK earlier?

Think this race at Sandown will be declared void. Yellow definitely a stop flag and all jockeys should have pulled up. They know that.

It’s Jennifer sadly broke a leg and was pts

A sad day with poor Houblon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think this race at Sandown will be declared void. Yellow definitely a stop flag and all jockeys should have pulled up. They know that.

I thought the rider of Step Back was stopping and then appeared to feel obliged to keep going with the rest.

A few of the jockeys pulling up seemed not to realise what had happened, but one said ' they shouldn't have done it like that' in response to the comment from another jockey who said 'I didn't see the flag, did you? '
A friend's horse was in the first 4, he had no qualms about not getting a pay day after the loss of someone's horse.

...but not a patch on how sad things must be in the Williams stable this evening. RIP to him :(

I'm not one to get overly sentimental about the loss of a well cared-for racehorse in the heat of battle but I've been a big fan of Houblon for years and honestly felt a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach on watching the incident.

Hours later, I'm still feeling pretty low.

Very sad to see HOUBLON die like that.very depressing.one of my favourite horses.thoughts go out to all connections.
RIP great horse.

Village Vic has been retired apparently after running in the Ladies Open today at Wadebridge.

Back