Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Poor Knocknanuss.

It looked like he wanted to run a big race but noticably he wouldn't stop pulling and swaying his head from side to side. It's hard to do that at full pelt around Cheltenham without having an accident. R.I.P fella.

Last edited:
Poor Knocknanuss.

It looked like he wanted to run a big race but noticably he wouldn't stop pulling and swaying his head from side to side. It's hard to do that at full pelt around Cheltenham without having an accident. R.I.P fella.

Managed to get the Mrs to watch the racing. First thing she said was he wanted to take off. Think he was in the process to running a big race there myself, was jumping beautifully before the fall ironically as well.

Rip

Began his life with Ml Winters locally and was always a talking horse if too hot for his own good.
Family of Dato Star and third dam was Margeeno, a top race mare in the 1960s who was locally owned by John P Foley , a retired policeman and farmer whose last runner was Mr Red Banner, a hurdler that was Festival bound in 2001 only for foot and mouth to cancel play. J P was buried the day after the 2002 Gold Cup aged 91 or 92.
Knocknanuss is a local hill which was the scene of a major one day battle where more cavalry were killed than in the charge of the light brigade, so I am told.
It happens to be to the rear of where Missunited was bred and now breeds herself; her Golden Horn filly foal was sold for 150.000 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
That’s a real shame. I saw he’d struck into himself but was hoping for the best. Don’t understand why jumps trainers don’t run their horses in front boots with metal strips down the back like we did with the pointers. It does prevent this!

b0c46f50790174171b827a1b98407116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke Harvey's Eric fatally injured at Larkhill PTP this afternoon

Just gutting to see. It had been such a good meeting until then. And the horse looked an utter picture in the paddock with Luke cheerily leading him up. He probably would have won too as he was in front when he took a horrible fall at the open ditch three from home and broke a leg. The crowd was definitely very sombre after that as Luke is hugely popular amongst the Pointing public.

Not suprised. That’s probably why Top Notch was also entered. Nico probably scholed him and ‘he didnt feel the zest’

Probably have a season like a Douvan, rumours of this race or that race, to then go straight to Cheltenham and get turned over. Been a cracking horse though, and joy to watch since his Suoreme win. Even if it did screw me out of a 4 timer on the day beating Min.

Last edited:
On a different note, drifting like a barge before it and Top Notch getting hammered on the exchanges. Only after that does the news break, via Unibet. It’s an absolute joke sometimes.

Back